• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Bimini Trip July 12-18th

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As I posted in the 2020 Bimini Early Interest Thread, I have booked my trip for this year from Sunday July 12th to Saturday July 18th.

At this point, the following people look to be crossing this week:
  1. CANCELLED - @Julian MMSI # is 338244923 Sands Unit 3D & 3F, Blue 242X, 4th Trip, Sunday 12th ~9am-Sat 18th ~10am.
  2. @BBottoms MMSI# 338318337
  3. @Wytiger

4. @leonard delia
  5. @agaufillet
  6. @jethrof16 338376269 Sands units 10B & 10C, 2018 242X, 1st trip
  7. @Yamaha212limiteds
  8. @AbuAyd Sands Unit13H Glastron GT21, 2nd Trip
  9. @Rotorwash . Sands Unit 21i Mon 13th to Sat 18th. 6 of us 2015 AR240 grey/white
I chose this week as I didn't want to be over there during 4th of July (gets a bit busier there that week), and June wasn't working for family stuff.

If you haven't read the Preparing for Bimini Thread, please read that thread to familiarize yourself with what to expect. This will be my 4th trip to Bimini.

Our plan will be as follows:
  1. Drive down to Ft. Lauderdale to arrive Saturday afternoon and stay in one of the hotels close to Harbor Towne Marina (we stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port - and will likely stay in that general area again. Will post once we settle on a spot, but it isn't critical that we are at the same place.
  2. On Sunday morning, get up at a rational hour (unless the forecast is suggesting EARLY AM wind/waves would be better) and head to Harbor Town (get there around 8-9am). Park at Harbor town ideally, if not FFL. (one reason for getting there EARLIER...better chance of parking).
  3. Depart Harbor Town 9-10am for Bimini.
  4. Arrive in Bimini around Noon.
  5. Depart Bimini the following Saturday morning (weather permitting).

I MAY have a one bedroom condo available to rent for that same period (we are trying to determine who is going with us). Send me a conversation message if you are interested.
#bimini
#bimini2020

Last edited:

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian how was the trailer parking at the homewood suites ?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian how was the trailer parking at the homewood suites ?
I looked at the satellite image of the hotel on google maps and it looks fairly big with a lot of pull through spots that could handle trailer and tow vehicle. I had also looked at a couple other hotels in the area but most just had single stalls with no pull through options so I booked the Homewood Suites.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I looked at the satellite image of the hotel on google maps and it looks fairly big with a lot of pull through spots that could handle trailer and tow vehicle. I had also looked at a couple other hotels in the area but most just had single stalls with no pull through options so I booked the Homewood Suites.
It was a lot tighter than I was expecting. We were able to park, but had to "borrow" some cones from another trailer to make sure we didn't get blocked in.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a lot tighter than I was expecting. We were able to park, but had to "borrow" some cones from another trailer to make sure we didn't get blocked in.
We might want to try and "team up" when we park to make sure we have room - maybe park at an angle with everyone next to each other. I have some traffic cones I can bring if needed. Their parking lot looks bigger than most of the hotels I looked at. I liked the Home2 (it was a little cheaper) just down the street but I couldn't imagine parking the boat trailer anywhere in their lot.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was considering staying at Bahia Mar since my crew is planning to get in town on Friday and I figured it'd be nice to be close to the beach with the boat already docked on Saturday. Unfortunately it appears they don't have any rooms available that weekend so I won't be able to do that. Up for staying wherever you all think is the best. I'm not seeing much with huge parking lots either and Saturday is likely to be the most crowded anywhere.

Wytiger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stayed at springhill suites last year. There were a few deep parking spaces near the back of the parking lot. We will probably stay there again this year

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is this trip still going? Our vacation to Greece and Croatia was cancelled.. I think i can convince the wife to make this one.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will depend if the Bahamas is back open for business by July as well as what, if any, travel or ramp restrictions remain in place. Unfortunately we probably won't have a better idea until sometime in June.

With that said, I sure hope its still on! I made the mistake of putting this trip off two years ago and now here I am wondering if I'll have to do it again!

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@BBottoms so if I get the wife's okay, then start the planning, just make sure things are refundable/cancelable? Also where is everyone staying down there (south bimini i presume, but should i look at the Sands or Port Royal).

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I would make sure whatever you book has a good cancellation/refund policy. I'm through AirBNB and can get full refund until June 27th and all but service fee until July 6th. Obviously that's dependent on the renter some but AirBNB has been relaxing cancellation policies due to COVID and may so further.

I know @Julian and I are at Bimini Cove (Sands). Not 100% sure about the others.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're at the Bimini Cove as well and have until end of June to cancel so wait and see mode for us.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I got our place at the Sands and was considering Bahia Mar for Friday/Saturday. @BBottoms are you interested in splitting a slip?

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I got our place at the Sands and was considering Bahia Mar for Friday/Saturday. @BBottoms are you interested in splitting a slip?
If we stay at Bahia Mar yes, we're in for sharing a slip. Not 100% sure what the plan for the drive down is yet so haven't made any reservations.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As I posted in the 2020 Bimini Early Interest Thread, I have booked my trip for this year from Sunday July 12th to Saturday July 18th.

At this point, the following people look to be crossing this week:
  1. @Julian
  2. @BBottoms
  3. @Wytiger
  4. @BigT51
I chose this week as I didn't want to be over there during 4th of July (gets a bit busier there that week), and June wasn't working for family stuff.

If you haven't read the Preparing for Bimini Thread, please read that thread to familiarize yourself with what to expect. This will be my 4th trip to Bimini.

Our plan will be as follows:
  1. Drive down to Ft. Lauderdale to arrive Saturday afternoon and stay in one of the hotels close to Harbor Towne Marina (we stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port - and will likely stay in that general area again. Will post once we settle on a spot, but it isn't critical that we are at the same place.
  2. On Sunday morning, get up at a rational hour (unless the forecast is suggesting EARLY AM wind/waves would be better) and head to Harbor Town (get there around 8-9am). Park at Harbor town ideally, if not FFL. (one reason for getting there EARLIER...better chance of parking).
  3. Depart Harbor Town 9-10am for Bimini.
  4. Arrive in Bimini around Noon.
  5. Depart Bimini the following Saturday morning (weather permitting).

I MAY have a one bedroom condo available to rent for that same period (we are trying to determine who is going with us). Send me a conversation message if you are interested.
#bimini
#bimini2020
I have 3 boats interested in going, ive done this trip last two years. I parked car and trailer over by south port raw bar off 17 th street in Fort Lauderdale, this is 5 minutes to the Bahia mar hotel once boat is launched. Publix is close by where u can buy food. You can rent a slip at Bahia mar night before departure for 60 and leave right from hotel which is 10 min to ocean

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Assuming Bimini is open by July, we will be staying at a hotel Sat night and launching at harbortowne on Sunday morning (current plan...weather dependent).
Is Bimini open for business?

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length