• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Black AR190 Mods

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2020 Black AR190 mods

I did not see any mods or pics of the black model ar190 so thought I would start this new post. I live in CA and we don’t have the luxury of choosing the AR210 or AR195. We Didn’t have the need for the 240 size so we settled on the AR190. I have taken it out at the AVI resort in needles, ca last month and went from pirates cove to London bridge this past weekend. I was really impressed with the gas millage and handling. I wish it was a little faster but I knew what I was getting into. Hopefully I gain a little bit of speed with the RIVA filer and ribbon delete.

I was sooooo happy to read thru a lot of good posts and tips! Hoyt’s 195 build thread and Davisar195 builds were the most relevant and saved me lots of headaches and money.

For starters, instead of a truck, I just purchased a 2020 Ford explorer XLT and it has towed it with ease.
So here are a few of the things I started off with my upgrades.

1. Premium Yamaha cover

2. The CIPA 01609 Premium mirror- Super wide and folds down when putting on the cover

3. Replaced the 4 stock speakers with the Polk Audio DB651S

4. Ordered the Seadek trim parts-2x, 3x, 1x, 4x, 11, 12 (plan on getting the swimdek when the group coupon kicks in this fall). They arrive this week.

5. Sentry mission fenders- Super easy to use and work well.

6. 2 Monster wakeboard racks-used but still look good.

7. Adding a JL audio component sub

8. Added the trailer Posts with the ronix covers- Look great!

Also here are some of the extras I bought after lots of the recommendations from the forum:
Megaware scuffbuster bow guard

Slide anchor

Red Fluke anchor

Boat line and dock ties bungee lines (10 and 25’)

Stoltz Bow Roller

AO Coolers Stow-N-Go Cooler, Carbon Silver, 38-Can

Still plan on doing the air filer, ribbon delete, and lucky cone 13 at the 10-hour service. Also looking to upgrade the following in the next month or two: wheels, wake tower subs, 2nd battery and spare tire.

The upgrading is driving my wife crazy but luckily I am getting good at getting the boxes before she gets homeIMG_0814.JPGIMG_0561.JPGIMG_0563.JPGIMG_0790.JPGIMG_0795.JPGIMG_0830.JPGIMG_0848.JPGIMG_0852.JPGIMG_0853.JPG

Last edited:

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yup, just like a new motorcycle, a new boat is always followed by new accessories. Congrats on the purchase. I really like the black hull.

I've been away for work for 3 weeks. Lots of time to shop online in the evening, unfortunately she's the one picking up the boxes....

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
How is the AO Cooler I was thinking of going that route as well?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice! How is the drive from Pirates Cove to the Bridge? I will be doing this for the first time this summer. First time staying at Pirates Cove also. Usually we are on the other side of the lake.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SCP1 I would recommend it highly. Especially if you have the spotter seat. It fit perfect and drinks were cold for the whole day.

@jEt_jAk the pirates cove to bridge leg is amazing! A couple low spots but buoys are posted. This was my first time thru the canyons and can't wait to do it again. I would leave earlier the next time as it's a long trip. I love Laughlin but levels change hour to hour.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@fvcoachv I like that black hull. Looks a bit nicer than my white base '17. It's a great boat and we're going into our 4th season on the water with ours (bought May 2017). It's such a simple driveline it's really hard to mess up IMO, and that has proven pretty reliable so far for us.

The L13 and Ribbon delete won't get you any more top speed. It will get you a LOT of consistency though. Have the same mods on mine. Pulls to 42mph fine with a full load, or just me. Same every time!

IMG_20190615_090527 (2).jpg

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the Sentry Mission fenders , are you using 2 Mission only> mid cleat and rear (tower maybe). Basically, how's the setup? I was thinking of getting 2 sentry 1 mid-cleat, 1 bimini rear tower mount, then to be safe put there ICON model on the rear cleat to protect the back that is susceptible to hitting.

Oops...never mind just saw a picture of you docked... thanks

Last edited:

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the two sentrys did the job over the weekend and were easy for my sons to hang with multiple dockings.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice boat. Yall will love it. Glad I could help with some choices

M6cabriolet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New member here. I like the black a lot. I just picked up a 2019 but in the blue. I bought it in Miami and when I did the test drive there it was running 44 mph in very rough chop (small craft warning) lol. However, when I brought it back up to the mountains in NC it ran 36 with the wife and kids. When I added my brother to the boat and made them all sit in the back it ran 38/39 weirdly enough. I assume it is the weight in the back. The bimini top was on also, which I suspect made a difference in top end.

I was really hoping to see the boat run around 48, but being non supercharged and elevation of 1300 feet I probably wont get that.

Attachments

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and nice boat. I’m pretty new too. I’m was actually looking for a 2019 in black as I like the color schemes better from your year.

I am having erratic speeds too. First time out was a top speed of 39. Then last week I couldn’t get over 35 with the same amount of people (4 total). I did the ribbon delete and added the thrust vectors during that time so not sure if that is causing any problems. Would love to know why I am running so slow. I, close to my 10 hour service so I guess I see if anything checks out then. Either way, it might be awhile till I can get on the river or go to a service center with this lock down.

M6cabriolet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and nice boat. I’m pretty new too. I’m was actually looking for a 2019 in black as I like the color schemes better from your year.

I am having erratic speeds too. First time out was a top speed of 39. Then last week I couldn’t get over 35 with the same amount of people (4 total). I did the ribbon delete and added the thrust vectors during that time so not sure if that is causing any problems. Would love to know why I am running so slow. I, close to my 10 hour service so I guess I see if anything checks out then. Either way, it might be awhile till I can get on the river or go to a service center with this lock down.
What elevation are you running at?

I am buying the thrust vector today and I hope that it doesn't affect top end. I am going to run it with the ribbon delete and new filter soon and then install the Thrust Vector and see.......However, I can't dock the boat worth a damn as it is so I hope the TV mod works haha

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m usually at about 500 above sea level. Lake Mohave to Havasu area.

Yeah I’m hoping the TV aren’t affecting my top speed either because steering with them was a game changer in docking!

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to get into my storage this past weekend and headed out to Lake Havasu to add my recent upgrades. Water was amazing and was able to stay to ourselves and easily found remote areas to hangout.

My recent additions were:

Seadek Swim platform
This makes a HUGE difference on the AR190s! I wanted an 195 and it definitely gives it the look of one on the water if not the speed :)

Seadek Table mat
Really cut down on things slipping and sliding all day

Boat name
Got a few laughs on this one

Spare Tire Cover
Had to rep the Kraken

New set of Tires and Rims
Vision Off-Road 375 Warrior Series Gloss Black Wheels with Machined Face 375VT4565GBMF0 and
Carlisle Radial Trail HD Tires 6H04571

Got both from summit racing for around $300 with lugs and caps.

My OCD buying is almost complete. I am now taking it in for my 10 hour service this week.

IMG-0723.jpgboat2.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0733.jpgvsw-s0185_xl.jpgcrr-6h04521_xl.jpgIMG-0691.jpgboat 6'.jpg

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice boat. Just realized you are in Huntington. I am in OC, not many of us SoCal people on this site it seems :D

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat. Just realized you are in Huntington. I am in OC, not many of us SoCal people on this site it seems :D
thanks. Your boat was one of the ones I really tried to model after. Getting the tint done this week too.

Definitely should get a OC Yamaha