• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Shelbyville Friends and Family Gathering, July 29-Aug 2

Yamagirl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
s ville group.jpg

Can you believe it, this will be the 13th, Annual Friends & Family Boaters Gathering. Last year was the "Perfect Dozen"...this year we have a Bakers Dozen!!
Lucky #13.

It's SHELBYVILLE time again!! To the new members, we welcome you and cannot wait to make amazing memories on and off the water. I'm confident you will make this a priority in your summer adventures. This will be our 4th year attending, first year planning it! I have some VERY big shoes to fill (and not just because Neil wears a size 13...or close to it!) Ugh, the anxiety to please and not bomb this year is overwhelming however I feel I have assembled an amazing team so far. If you would like to participate behind the scenes or have any suggestions please feel free to contact me. Looking forward to another great year, now bring on the sun!

The Place: Lake Shelbyville, Illinois
The Dates: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - Sunday, Aug 2, 2020

In the past, most of the participants have stayed at Lithia Resort ( Lithia Resort Home Page ) which is 1/4 mile from a public launch and the Lithia Springs Marina (Lithia Springs Marina Lake Shelbyville Shelbyville IL ), where you can rent a slip for the weekend (NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS). We will keep the running list of committed crews within this first post.

Boaters I assume will attend based on last year (let me know if I should remove you and what your 2020 accommodations are):

Confirmed:
1 - @Yamagirl, @Brian eilrich - Sun - Sun - Lithia Springs Campgrounds #79
2 - @BigAbe75 - Wed - Sun - Lithia Resort Camper spot
3 - @Speedling - Thu - Sun - Lithia Springs Campgrounds # 69
4 - @RiverRat Thu - Mon - Lincoln Log Cabin 4
5 - @mattschepker - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #9
6 - @CAP44 - Thu - Sun - White Pine Cabin #2
7 - @OperationROL, @OperationROL's Wife - Thu - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
8 - @SCP1 - Thu - Sun - Lithia
9 - @JC6275 - Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel #5
10 - @scot71 - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #3
11 - @bobbie - Tue - Sat - Lithia
12 - @RampRage - Wed - Sun - Lithia #4
13 - @jcyamaharider , @jcyamahariders wife Lithia #8
14 - @jacoviii Room 6 confirmed thu- sun
15 - @JCampbell - Thu - Sun - Lithia Main Cabin
16 - @trace - Own House
17 - @MutherTucker Sun - Sun - Own House
18 - @yam230 Thu - Sun - Our Old House
19 - @Don & Leslie Barton Thu - Sun - Our Old House
20 - @Nickp98 - Thu - Sun @ Lithia Red Oak Cabin #1
21 - Melinda and Shawn (friend's of MutherTucker) - Wed - Sun???? - Own House
22 - @Wake08 - Wed - Sun - Gregory's
23 - Darren & Ivanna (jcampbell's inlaws)
24 - @Milwmarc - Lithia Motel Room 12
25 - @RxH2O - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #7
26 - USER=40]@Impelled[/USER][/USER] - Wed - Sun
27 - @Scott Huse & @Teri Huse

Tentative:

2 - @007 - Thu - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
3 - @Blkrvrbart - Sun - own home
6 - @buckbuck - Wed - Sun - Cedar Cabin
13 - @Cody Johnson - ????????
16 - @Nathan Bryant - Fri - Sunday - Gregory's
19 - @aarons1k Mon - Mon Lincoln log cabin 6
23 - @Lynn Owens - Own Home
26 - @Boat Crazy - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #2
28 - @Sheboat - Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
29 - Bill W- Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
34 - @CarFanatic
35 - @IndySmittyYammi Sat- Sun - ?????
38 - @Tim Piroli
39 - @Walt McCree

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m confirmed, but switch my location to Lithia Resort. We will be the camper in their only camp site in the middle of the resort (next to the playground).

Now - I can’t reminder if I reserved the slip last year or not. Just call the marina, I assume?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Shelbyville @Midwest
Starting to organize our summer vacations! Can't wait to see you guys all again!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be there Wednesday to Sunday. Not Thursday to Sunday.

They are already taking reservations for slips? I thought that wasn't until March 1st

CAP44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Confirmed! Same cabin same days.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will be there Wednesday to Sunday. Not Thursday to Sunday.

They are already taking reservations for slips? I thought that wasn't until March 1st
The slips can be done at anytime now. They changed that last year. They try to push you do do it online but you can still do it over the phone.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 110538

Can you believe it, this will be the 13th, Annual Friends & Family Boaters Gathering. Last year was the "Perfect Dozen"...this year we have a Bakers Dozen!!
Lucky #13.

It's SHELBYVILLE time again!! To the new members, we welcome you and cannot wait to make amazing memories on and off the water. I'm confident you will make this a priority in your summer adventures. This will be our 4th year attending, first year planning it! I have some VERY big shoes to fill (and not just because Neil wears a size 13...or close to it!) Ugh, the anxiety to please and not bomb this year is overwhelming however I feel I have assembled an amazing team so far. If you would like to participate behind the scenes or have any suggestions please feel free to contact me. Looking forward to another great year, now bring on the sun!

The Place: Lake Shelbyville, Illinois
The Dates: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - Sunday, Aug 2, 2020

In the past, most of the participants have stayed at Lithia Resort ( Lithia Resort Home Page ) which is 1/4 mile from a public launch and the Lithia Springs Marina (Lithia Springs Marina Lake Shelbyville Shelbyville IL ), where you can rent a slip for the weekend (NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS). We will keep the running list of committed crews within this first post.

Boaters I assume will attend based on last year (let me know if I should remove you and what your 2020 accommodations are):

Confirmed:
1 - @Brian eilrich - Wed - Sun - Lithia Springs Campgrounds # ?
2 - @BigAbe75 - Wed - Sun - Lithia Resort
3 - @Speedling - Thu - Sun - Lithia Springs Campgrounds # ?

Tentative:

1 - @OperationROL, @OperationROL's Wife - Thu - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
2 - @007 - Thu - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
3 - @JCampbell - Thu - Sun - Lithia Main Cabin
4 - @jcyamaharider , @jcyamahariders wife
5 - @RxH2O - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #7
6 - @buckbuck - Wed - Sun - Cedar Cabin
7 -
8 - @scot71 - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #3
9 - @RiverRat Thu - Mon - Lincoln Log Cabin 4
10 - @SCP1 - Thu - Sun - Wolf Creek Lodge
11 - @mattschepker - Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel #9
12 - @trace - Own House
13 - @Cody Johnson - ????????
14 - @Nickp98 - Thu - Sun @ Lithia Red Oak Cabin #1
15 - @Wake08 - Wed - Sun - Gregory's
16 - @Nathan Bryant - Fri - Sunday - Gregory's
17 - @MutherTucker Sun - Sun - Own House
18 - Darren & Ivanna
19 - @aarons1k Mon - Mon Lincoln log cabin 6
20 - @Impelled[/USER] - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #10
21 - @RampRage - Wed - Sun - Lithia
22 - @JC6275 - Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel #5
23 - @Lynn Owens - Own Home
24 - @CAP44 - Thu - Sun - White Pine Cabin #2
25 -
26 - @Boat Crazy - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #2
27 - @bobbie - Tue - Sat - Lithia
28 - @Sheboat - Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
29 - Bill W- Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
30 - @yam230 Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel 11
31 - @Don & Leslie Barton Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel 12
32 -
33 - Melinda and Shawn (friend's of MutherTucker) - Wed - Sun???? - Own House
34 - @CarFanatic
35 - @IndySmittyYammi Sat- Sun - ?????
36 - @jacoviii
37 - @Milwmarc
38 - @Tim Piroli
39 - @Walt McCree
This is super terrific! I know you'll do a great job putting this thing together. Ofcourse, I will do whatever I can to assist! Thanks for time and dedication and to all those that have joined your team! Lucky 13, Here we come!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Confirmed Thu - Sun. Lithia - Cedar Cabin finally staying where the party is!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Can't wait to see everyone this year!! Sadly the last 2 stroke of the gathering " to the best of my knowledge " will not be making the trip. We will be bringing our "new to us" 232 Limited S. We have had such a great time and made great memories with the old 2smoker and all of you , we are looking forward to more of the same with the new boat.!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Of course the 8yr old has a birthday on the 28th, and first day of 4th grade on the 29th.

Talked it over with the wife, I think we might try to come up Friday night after work/school, participate Saturday, and then head home Sunday. Have family in Charleston, IL that we would like to have lunch with on the way home.

Is the big dinner Friday night or Saturday night? Is it worth coming up just for the day on Saturday? Would be bringing the whole fam damily (wife, 9yr old and 2.5yr old).

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Of course the 8yr old has a birthday on the 28th, and first day of 4th grade on the 29th.

Talked it over with the wife, I think we might try to come up Friday night after work/school, participate Saturday, and then head home Sunday. Have family in Charleston, IL that we would like to have lunch with on the way home.

Is the big dinner Friday night or Saturday night? Is it worth coming up just for the day on Saturday? Would be bringing the whole fam damily (wife, 9yr old and 2.5yr old).
Definitely worth it!!

The big dinner is Friday night. Plus some evening activities after the dinner around a campfire. If you stay with the family and want to send wife and kids back to crash, while you hang out at the campfire, we could get you a ride home or loan you a vehicle somehow.

Saturday often sees a full day of boating followed by a 30 minute cruise up to dinner at the restaurant on the lake and a night time cruise back to the launch.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@2kwik4u crash the dinner party Friday night, and spend all day on the water with us Saturday, your family will have a blast and make sure it’s a priority for years to come!:winkingthumbsup"

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

We went last year at the last minuet (fri@5pm - Sun). We camped at Coon creek had a blast. My 7yr seen some pics from last year the other day and was jumping up and down to go back this year. This is on the top of our to do list from now on.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been talking about this event for a while but it’s so far @swatski are you going if so can I just jump on your boat? I know there was a possible move coming for you so I was unsure

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u crash the dinner party Friday night, and spend all day on the water with us Saturday, your family will have a blast and make sure it’s a priority for years to come!:winkingthumbsup"
What time is the dinner?

Lithia springs is ~4hrs drive by Google. I can probably make it in one leg for fuel, will need a rest break for the wife/kids so say 4.5hrs to get there. Earliest I could leave would be picking G up from school at 3:30. Puts us arriving at 8pm or so. Any thoughts?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been talking about this event for a while but it’s so far @swatski are you going if so can I just jump on your boat? I know there was a possible move coming for you so I was unsure
On those dates, we would both be flying in.

However, while I’ll almost certainly be a coastal resident at that point the boat may still be sitting on her lift in STL, short 100 miles from Shelbyville. I’m thinking...

BTW - That gathering is fantastic. We have only joined once and it was only for a half a day but I was able to hone my surf settings with @jcyamaharider there, and we had a ton of family fun. It is worth the trip no doubt!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What time is the dinner?

Lithia springs is ~4hrs drive by Google. I can probably make it in one leg for fuel, will need a rest break for the wife/kids so say 4.5hrs to get there. Earliest I could leave would be picking G up from school at 3:30. Puts us arriving at 8pm or so. Any thoughts?
The dinner would still be going on. Seems like it’s usually 6 to 9ish. Food takes awhile, then the group divides up into half a dozen teams and plays “minute to win it” type games. Then, all the giveaway drawings are last.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Confirmed for Wed - Sun Lithia Room 3

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So we are looking at wed-sun. We camped last year but may look into rooms. Has anyone stayed at Gregory's Resort Motel?