• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 St Louis boat show

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
on a whim kinda, the fam and I are headed down saturday am. We actually have time!!!! We have never been able to hit one of the bigger shows.. something always goin' on. The Mrs works weekends on occasion... crazy busy..club soccer... or otherwise. Pretty excited.

looks like a good Yamaha presence. I am a little nervous they'll have a 275 there and my wife will fall in love lol completely overkill and no room to store it...

Anything we should know..? hidden gems... other stuff to check out?

side note... and seriously long shot... anyone local know of english pubs down there to watch an english football match?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
on a whim kinda, the fam and I are headed down saturday am. We actually have time!!!! We have never been able to hit one of the bigger shows.. something always goin' on. The Mrs works weekends on occasion... crazy busy..club soccer... or otherwise. Pretty excited.

looks like a good Yamaha presence. I am a little nervous they'll have a 275 there and my wife will fall in love lol completely overkill and no room to store it...

Anything we should know..? hidden gems... other stuff to check out?

side note... and seriously long shot... anyone local know of english pubs down there to watch an english football match?
There will definitely be a 275 at St Charles Boat and Motor booth.

😀

Select Friends

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be down there Saturday afternoon as well, mostly to dream in the 275. Amsterdam Tavern is a great place to watch all soccer games. Its in the Tower Grove neighborhood which is pretty lively. Inside space is a little small during the winter but they have a great outdoor space with heaters.

Home of Amsterdam Tavern St. Louis Best Soccer Sports Bar - Amsterdam Tavern
3175 Morganford Rd, St. Louis, MO 63116

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There will definitely be a 275 at St Charles Boat and Motor booth.

😀
Though I jest, seriously cant wait to see one in person. She thought the sx210 we checked out IN osage beach a few years ago was "huge" <help>

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be down there Saturday afternoon as well, mostly to dream in the 275. Amsterdam Tavern is a great place to watch all soccer games. Its in the Tower Grove neighborhood which is pretty lively. Inside space is a little small during the winter but they have a great outdoor space with heaters.

Home of Amsterdam Tavern St. Louis Best Soccer Sports Bar - Amsterdam Tavern
3175 Morganford Rd, St. Louis, MO 63116
cool thanks for the shout. I saw that one in a quick search.

Supposed to be pretty nice this weekend....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We will be there Saturday also

Jblocker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
What were you thoughts on the 275?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I missed/did see anyone yesterday, other than the SCBM crew and other vendor friends.
Seemed a bit smaller this year, and I was told the sales numbers are way down, too.

I had to be dragged away from Ranger Tugs, before I did anything stupid.
We have been talking to Scott Mook, VoyagerYachtSales guy for a while now... I think I already know my next boat, lol (in addition to the Yami).
But, I need to move first, I'm told.

Anyway, I may pull a "FULL ZIPPER :cool:" and go for a Benneteau's cousin, Jeanneau, little pocket yacht.

If we were replacing the Yami, this would the top my short list right now:
1580674387924.png

The Chap 25 SURF, I see it as a dual console masquerading as a wake boat - with deep gunnels and thick vinyl but adding forward drive (VovlePenta) and Malibu surf gates etc, motorized swim platform step and tower.

--

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Needs more speakers and a tower tow point. I also think I prefer the canvas bimini over the hard top.

But, generally speaking, I like it. I’d also like to take a tape measure to it. Sitting in the bow, I felt like the bow on our 24’ is bigger.

Don’t think I’d actually buy it, but I like it and wouldn’t make fun of anyone that did... if that makes sense. lol

(if we ever change boats, it would probably be to a Wake boat. I was hoping to see a Makai at the show, but there wasn’t one. )

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I missed/did see anyone yesterday...

Anyway, I may pull a "FULL ZIPPER :cool:" and go for a Benneteau's cousin, Jeanneau, little pocket yacht...

--
WHOOHOO, nice boats. Your going to want your "little pocket yacht" to be about 40'+ :winkingthumbsup"
I hope you do, I can't wait to help you spend your $$$. ;)

Last edited:

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
loved the boat show, excellent Yamaha presence. Two dealers....

The 275.... loved it. its so ridiculously overkill. lol we trailer to a skinny lake or river, and our favorite past time is anchoring and swimming, eating... as far away from other boaters as we can get... tubing on the way there and back.... IF i had a dock on a big lake oh man would it top the list! the only thing I no likey... could use a LITTLE better motor access.

We figured out the 17+ sx210 or limited 212(non tower) will be have to be our boat. Unfortunately neither were there. Ill have hit up surdyke to drive them back to back to see if the 1.8's are worth the 6k premium since I dont care about top speed...really.... either boat will leave mine in the dust. spend most of my time trying to find economic cruise. My 3.0 merc with chunk missing from prop and always full of people struggles for 30. hahaha

heres my notes on how we got there...most of which I already assumed, but finally both of us looking together. We spent a TON of time at both yamaha exhibits. For the first time really we werent hurried. Except for throngs of people in our way LOL

-a 2012+ 212ss WAS my target. but that earlier 210 seating with the elevated co captain is no good.
-she loved the blue ar210 and 240 colorways. with the blue tower. but...(no j seating too)
-Tower is a non starter-too tall 210 and 240 both. also hassle to do (but would endure this to get it in if it could)
-240 wont fit our garage either..period. :( though son loved the head compartments.
-tow hook is under top step! Can still roll up mat back there and use ladder and tow. HUGE Positive, something I hadnt noticed..
-190 isnt enough better or different than our boat to jump for.(i never just buy new version of same thing-pointless)
-I'm a changed man on the seadek flooring. It isn't the same as an old welcome mat. I Always wanted carpet, its now a non issue!
-yamaha bow seating area trounces absolutely EVERY boat I looked at. There is better quality tbe found but.. for space/usability-no contest
-keel floor storage. humongous.
-242x's are good but dont feel worth the money.

only negatives really... that shiny plastic yamaha uses on the gunwhales and the console areas makes it feel cheap and its the only part that gives you the big jetski feeling some might think of....The rest of the boats are solid so that bit underwhelmed me-though I could live with it.

also.. ZERO glastron presence.. wtf. I wanted to see the GTD line. :(

money no object. and coolness alone...the boat id pick... Teal sparkle colored Malibu (or TIGE? i forgot ha! either way I cant afford it) with aqua led's. Wife's favorite color. cant help it. but the swim platform on that sstyle of boat sucks. And the drive system wont work for me.

Oh. absolutely NO on pontoon she says. Im not sad. I only ever lean that way for space and utility....

we had a great time there..... we will be back.

and got to watch my english football (soccer) at Tigins irish pub downtown. glorious. Caught a buzz before the show. lol You should definitely check it out for the food. and Irish coffee.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
loved the boat show, excellent Yamaha presence. Two dealers....

The 275.... loved it. its so ridiculously overkill. lol we trailer to a skinny lake or river, and our favorite past time is anchoring and swimming, eating... as far away from other boaters as we can get... tubing on the way there and back.... IF i had a dock on a big lake oh man would it top the list! the only thing I no likey... could use a LITTLE better motor access.

We figured out the 17+ sx210 or limited 212(non tower) will be have to be our boat. Unfortunately neither were there. Ill have hit up surdyke to drive them back to back to see if the 1.8's are worth the 6k premium since I dont care about top speed...really.... either boat will leave mine in the dust. spend most of my time trying to find economic cruise. My 3.0 merc with chunk missing from prop and always full of people struggles for 30. hahaha

heres my notes on how we got there...most of which I already assumed, but finally both of us looking together. We spent a TON of time at both yamaha exhibits. For the first time really we werent hurried. Except for throngs of people in our way LOL

-a 2012+ 212ss WAS my target. but that earlier 210 seating with the elevated co captain is no good.
-she loved the blue ar210 and 240 colorways. with the blue tower. but...(no j seating too)
-Tower is a non starter-too tall 210 and 240 both. also hassle to do (but would endure this to get it in if it could)
-240 wont fit our garage either..period. :( though son loved the head compartments.
-tow hook is under top step! Can still roll up mat back there and use ladder and tow. HUGE Positive, something I hadnt noticed..
-190 isnt enough better or different than our boat to jump for.(i never just buy new version of same thing-pointless)
-I'm a changed man on the seadek flooring. It isn't the same as an old welcome mat. I Always wanted carpet, its now a non issue!
-yamaha bow seating area trounces absolutely EVERY boat I looked at. There is better quality tbe found but.. for space/usability-no contest
-keel floor storage. humongous.
-242x's are good but dont feel worth the money.

only negatives really... that shiny plastic yamaha uses on the gunwhales and the console areas makes it feel cheap and its the only part that gives you the big jetski feeling some might think of....The rest of the boats are solid so that bit underwhelmed me-though I could live with it.

also.. ZERO glastron presence.. wtf. I wanted to see the GTD line. :(

money no object. and coolness alone...the boat id pick... Teal sparkle colored Malibu (or TIGE? i forgot ha! either way I cant afford it) with aqua led's. Wife's favorite color. cant help it. but the swim platform on that sstyle of boat sucks. And the drive system wont work for me.

Oh. absolutely NO on pontoon she says. Im not sad. I only ever lean that way for space and utility....

we had a great time there..... we will be back.

and got to watch my english football (soccer) at Tigins irish pub downtown. glorious. Caught a buzz before the show. lol You should definitely check it out for the food. and Irish coffee.
I did see the Tige that was Teal and black. Very nice color scheme. But I am out at 171,XXX

Money no object I would have either gotten the 29 foot ranger tug, or the Super air Nautique G23 Paragon.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's really a boat with good looking lines, from a distance.
I think we all expected a larger 27-28' Yamaha (with twin supercharged or maybe triple 1.8s) to be either a more sea worthy fishing or a surfing platform. I might add some of us secretly hoped it could be both...

Well, that's obviously not what happened.
But, why is the 275 not rigged for surfing? Is it not good for surfing, or even wakeboard towing? I find it very very odd.

--

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yeah there was money no object and theres stupid money LOL guys

Jblocker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, I’m torn on the 275....I love my current Yamaha and we want a bigger boat and the jets fit our shallow water depths that we live in, but I’m struggling with it....maybe the price compared to more upscale boats.....we love the cobalts quality but I fear we would have to go outboard to make it work, and my wife’s not excited about that.....we will continue to look and think.