• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 SX240 setting codes

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay I have a 2020 sx240. Have about 50 flawless hours on it. Took it out yesterday and the bluetooth all of a sudden stopped working and it flashed a joistick communication code real fast. So I stopped the boat and disconnected the battery and reconnected, and the bluetooth still did not work but the joystick code did not come back. Almost finished with my round trip about 75 miles in total and as I'm about a mile away it flashes the joystick communication code again and then a gps communication code then a code spu25-15. Disconnected the battery again and reconnected. Took off again and about 30 seconds later it flashed all codes again then the alarm just stops and it goes back to normal. It kept doing this every 30 to 90 seconds the rest of the way home. I checked all the battery connections and all are tight and no corrosion. The issue still is there today. Any ideas on what the issue could be. I would like to avoid the dealer as I'm sure it would take months to fix, and my 1 year warranty ran out 2 days ago. I do have the 3 year Yamaha extended warranty.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a bus error to me. Disclaimer: I don't have a Connext, but I believe it also works on a bus protocol, similar to the earlier models. All the devices (the Connext screen, GPS, joystick, ECU's, etc.) connect to each other via a cable that is the 'bus'--that is how they communicate. At the end of the bus (after the last module on either side) you should have a terminator. There can't be a break in the wire and the terminators must be there on both ends for things to work correctly. Sounds to me like there is a loose connection in the bus somewhere or that a terminator is not connected all the way.

Now, finding it, that is a different task. Lots of hunting...

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like a bus error to me. Disclaimer: I don't have a Connext, but I believe it also works on a bus protocol, similar to the earlier models. All the devices (the Connext screen, GPS, joystick, ECU's, etc.) connect to each other via a cable that is the 'bus'--that is how they communicate. At the end of the bus (after the last module on either side) you should have a terminator. There can't be a break in the wire and the terminators must be there on both ends for things to work correctly. Sounds to me like there is a loose connection in the bus somewhere or that a terminator is not connected all the way.

Now, finding it, that is a different task. Lots of hunting...
This is what I'm thinking. I have been a automotive tech for 24years. I specialize in electrical and can bus diagnostic. The issue with this problem is it is not constant so it's not a easy find it only happens for a split second then goes back to normal. Another issue is I can not find any wiring diagrams for this year boat and I do not have a dianostic tool to watch the can bus line or see what codes are set. Im hoping someone has had this issue or knows where I can get a diagram for this boat and possibly a source for a diagnostic tool.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a wiring diagram in the service manual, I believe. That said, not sure it will help all that much. Sure, it will allow you to trace a bit, but probably nothing you can't do by finding the bus wire on one of the devices and following it... As you are well aware, a loose connection or something like that is an ugly hunting task.

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In case anyone has this issue I found the radio at the swim deck shorted out from water getting in to the unit. It was not sealed properly at the factory. Yamaha said its not warranty due to water causing the failure even though it was a factory defect. But after disconnecting I put 10 hours on the boat with no issue.

Delta Hop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In case anyone has this issue I found the radio at the swim deck shorted out from water getting in to the unit. It was not sealed properly at the factory. Yamaha said its not warranty due to water causing the failure even though it was a factory defect. But after disconnecting I put 10 hours on the boat with no issue.
I am having the same issue. Excited to pull swim deck radio out and inspect for corrosion!! In my case, my 2019 AR 240 triggered the same errors and it was a loose connection at the battery switch. However, all my media is still not working. Going to try this. Thank you!

Delta Hop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am having the same issue. Excited to pull swim deck radio out and inspect for corrosion!! In my case, my 2019 AR 240 triggered the same errors and it was a loose connection at the battery switch. However, all my media is still not working. Going to try this. Thank you!
Unfortunately it did not fix the issue. I also pulled out the head unit to check for corrosion and sprayed QD electronics as well to no avail. I noticed that the firmware was out of date so I upgraded to the latest version and still no fix. Next step will be to try and do a reset/recalibration