• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 212se what amp do I have?

mfu5324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got the boat. As others have said no EQ settings. I would like to add a simple sub woofer. Reading the forums and viewing the pics it sounds like the 255s have the htx6 amps while our 212se has the htx4 amps. HOWEVER I don’t know what the heck mine is. I can’t find it on wetsounds site either. As you can see below I have 4 RCA INS which make sense to me but I also have TWO RCA OUTS. I cannot find a wetsounds amp that has this? Is this custom for Yamaha? More importantly can I simply my sub into these RCA OUTS!

06DD72E7-2BAB-40A5-851A-2103A467ADF4.jpeg7A125F6B-5764-43AF-8E15-43185218677C.jpeg

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Picture of the front of the amp? Still looks like an HTX4

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah HTX-4

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
That amp is a modified HTX-4. I replaced mine with the HTX-6 and added a sub.

mfu5324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting. I was confused by the rca out. So final question. All I want to do is add some base and I’m a novice at audio who doesn’t need a kick ass system. Would it work if I hooked all speakers to the same zone and then put a passive bass tube on the other zone and threw it under the passenger seat? I’m thinking an 8 or 10 inch bazooka tube. Your input is appreciated.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Interesting. I was confused by the rca out. So final question. All I want to do is add some base and I’m a novice at audio who doesn’t need a kick ass system. Would it work if I hooked all speakers to the same zone and then put a passive bass tube on the other zone and threw it under the passenger seat? I’m thinking an 8 or 10 inch bazooka tube. Your input is appreciated.
Yes you could do it that way, but would need new amplifier. The HTX-4 you have is pre-programmed from factory.

mfu5324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick update. I do not want to spend thousands more just to get some bass in the system. So to test things I grabbed a cheap $70 sub carduel TBX 10A from Walmart. I hooked all spreakers up to one channel then the this sub up to the other channel and threw it under the seat by the batteries. I now can adjust the sub volume on one channel and the other speakers on the other
Channel. The results? DAMN GOOD sound. Waaaay better than stock. So I am going to order the marine 10” bazooka amplified sub and call It good. I’ll pot an update when I get the bazooka

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes you could do it that way, but would need new amplifier. The HTX-4 you have is pre-programmed from factory.
That HTX-4 is showing 6 channels. Is that right? Could I plug a sub into those extra channels?

mfu5324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No. it only has 4 channels (where you see the speakers plugged into) and only two zones. The RCA outputs (Channel5 and Channel6) did nothing when i hooked the cheap sub up to it. Hopefully when i get the bazooka the rca outs will work on it, but my guess is they dont. From what i have read on forums, the amp settings are controlled internally and restrict what users can do to them. I hope, in time, they will have software update for these new systems where we can get our missing settings menu and maybe activate the channel 5 and 6...and even better have an app for it. My guess is this will happen since the system itself seems quite advanced

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

mfu5324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t know. Great question. Following

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I don’t know. Great question. Following
That would be awesome. Just swap out the HTX-4 for the HTX-6, and hookup a sub. Done deal. I actually talked to a tech at Wetsounds, and he was unsure because each boat manufacturer has a different system, and they don’t have that information. If you ever call Wetsounds, ask for Omar. He’s great.

mfu5324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m getting the bazooka sub tube tommorow I’ll let y’all know how it hooked up and sounds. I hate to ditch a $600 amp and buy a $700 amp for some bass.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Is adding the HTX-6 plug and play?
I'll be honest with you, I paid an installer as I wasn't thrilled with cutting out a 10" hole in a 60k boat. I did text him and he said he could have made the plug and play work but elected to rewire the 4 foot run for future upgrades or potential trouble shooting issues.

mfu5324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All right all. Got the 10 inch bazooka amplified tube installed. I bridged the existing boat speakers to one zone. I then hooked the left and right of the other zone to the bazooka. It sounds amazing!!!! Totally happy with the sound and the bass is way more than adequate I put the bazooka under the port side seat. Barely fit but that’s good. Also nice is if a playing country songs or whatever that doesn’t need bass you can turn the bass down by turning the zone down. So for those of you who want to add bass and have an excellent sounding system and not cut holes in your 60k boat , 300 bucks for the bazooka and speaker wire is a bargain. Hope this helps others

Attachments

Last edited:

Jtamasi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
All right all. Got the 10 inch bazooka amplified tube installed. I bridged the existing boat speakers to one zone. I then hooked the left and right of the other zone to the bazooka. It sounds amazing!!!! Totally happy with the sound and the bass is way more than adequate I put the bazooka under the port side seat. Barely fit but that’s good. Also nice is if a playing country songs or whatever that doesn’t need bass you can turn the bass down by turning the zone down. So for those of you who want to add bass and have an excellent sounding system and not cut holes in your 60k boat , 300 bucks for the bazooka and speaker wire is a bargain. Hope this helps others
Looks great and thanks for the tips! I’m thinking of doing the same thing except with a sound bar for the tower. Did you run power directly to the battery? I’ve been looking for a 12V power source when the key is on.