• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 242

Drrw4633

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m hearing from multiple sources the 242 line will be dropped and the 2021 will now be a redesigned 25 including a fish model. Dealers meeting will be virtual on 8/14

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what's the consensus on this? Seems like a bigger jump in the linup and a 25' might crowd up against the 27'. Is the scarab 25' making that much of a dent into Yamaha sales? For me, a 24' was at the upper end of the size I wanted to go with (and $$$), so given a 21' or 25' choice, might have went down to a 21' vs. up to a 25'.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The first 240s were 23’ 6”, so it could be just a 6” bump. It would be difficult to go wider. I think it will be more controversial if it is styled like the 275.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The first 240s were 23’ 6”, so it could be just a 6” bump. It would be difficult to go wider. I think it will be more controversial if it is styled like the 275.
No, they for sure won’t go wider. That just rules out too many boating states that would require a permit to tow it on highways.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
So what's the consensus on this? Seems like a bigger jump in the linup and a 25' might crowd up against the 27'. Is the scarab 25' making that much of a dent into Yamaha sales? For me, a 24' was at the upper end of the size I wanted to go with (and $$$), so given a 21' or 25' choice, might have went down to a 21' vs. up to a 25'.
I’ll be in the market next spring IF the prices settle down a little bit.......I’m excited for an update in the 24ft line-up.......my concern is what the new pricing will be......

If the 2021 212’s are creeping right up to $60k now and the 275’s are $100k-$130k, I am going to predict 252’s ranging from mid $60’s to mid/high $80’s plus and maybe into the $90’s loaded????......which is really going to be a disappointment.....

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m working with Bayside in MD. It’s going to be a 25’ November or December availability is what I’m hearing.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’m working with Bayside in MD. It’s going to be a 25’ November or December availability is what I’m hearing.
Cool.....hopefully NOT styled like the 275’s and Hopefully the SE is under $80k......wife won’t let the boat number start with a “8”....even starting with a “7” has been a tough sell :)

Have you heard when the info will be confirm/released?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool.....hopefully NOT styled like the 275’s and Hopefully the SE is under $80k......wife won’t let the boat number start with a “8”....even starting with a “7” has been a tough sell :)

Have you heard when the info will be confirm/released?
I think it’s mid August when we get the details

Dwrack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I put deposit down for 2021 242s . Assuming boats are redesigned and 242 is now 252 am I better off waiting until February and get one at the boat show or just order one now ?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That depends. I am sure the price is going to jump for the 252 and without seen, no idea what a redesign could look like. Will you get any boating in this year or much of it if you get one? Not sure if the 25's would even be out in Aug or even Sept. It is kind of a gut call for you. You may get one now depending on Demand for a good price, but if demand cools off it may save you some $$$ waiting. On the other hand you never know what will happen with supply in the future and waiting could cost you more or perhaps not the boat you wanted.

No way to really call this one, I wish there was. I am patiently waiting to see what the 25's become as well.

Scooter442

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The way boats, RV's, jet skis and motorcycles are selling in CA with this Pandemic, it wouldn't surprise me if they bump up the prices. Most of my dealers were sold out of jet ski's and boats by April...According to them they usually have stock until mid way into the summer.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m hearing from multiple sources the 242 line will be dropped and the 2021 will now be a redesigned 25 including a fish model. Dealers meeting will be virtual on 8/14
We put a deposit down on an AR240 - will that be affected or just the 242? Not sure if they're all apart of the same line?

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All of the 24' footers are based off of the the same hull, so I would expect any changes to the OAL or hull itself will cascade across the entire line.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All of the 24' footers are based off of the the same hull, so I would expect any changes to the OAL or hull itself will cascade across the entire line.
My husband spoke to someone at corporate a little over a week ago and specifically asked when the AR240s would be released and the person he spoke to told him late August. No mention of a redesign or doing away with the 24' line. I'm hoping all this talk is for the 2022 boats and not 2021.

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That’s good to hear. My wife and I are on the fence between a 212 and a 240. The AR 240 is more of what we need but if it gets bigger then I don’t know what to do. We just sold a tritoon a couple of days ago to find a Yamaha

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s good to hear. My wife and I are on the fence between a 212 and a 240. The AR 240 is more of what we need but if it gets bigger then I don’t know what to do. We just sold a tritoon a couple of days ago to find a Yamaha
We were leaning toward a tritoon and decided on the Yamaha as well. Just seems very strange to me this change and you would think there would be some kind of hype, marketing, some type of build up to this release yet nothing. Our sales person only thought she had heard something about a redesign. Maybe it's some well guarded secret, I don't know. We'll see.

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We were leaning toward a tritoon and decided on the Yamaha as well. Just seems very strange to me this change and you would think there would be some kind of hype, marketing, some type of build up to this release yet nothing. Our sales person only thought she had heard something about a redesign. Maybe it's some well guarded secret, I don't know. We'll see.
Exactly. I said something to my salesman at the only Yamaha dealership really around Memphis and she was acting like I was speaking a foreign language. She acted like Yamaha was trying to get boats out ASAP just to fill the demand. Not sure now is the time to re-tool and crank out a boat that hasn’t been proven. Look at what Ford just did with the Bronco. That’s how you introduce a new product. Not sure I’m buying the bigger boat hype just yet

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is very normal. There has never ever been any leaks or hype prior to the dealer show. The only reason we even seen a color pamphlet is because Yamaha had to give dealers something to take orders on.
We are talking 2021 models here. And nobody including dealers talked about anything until the dealer show. They are under very strict NDA. And honestly, that pamphlet is more than what most got any other year.
Keep you pantys on kids.

Last edited:

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is very normal. There has never ever been any leaks or hype prior to the dealer show. The only reason we even seen a color pamphlet is because Yamaha had to give dealers something to take orders on.
We are talking 2021 models here. And nobody including dealers talked about anything until the dealer show. They are under ver strict NDA. And honestly, that pamphlet is more than what most got any other year.
Keep you pantys on kids.
Oh I’m not worried about color schemes or added features. That’s easy. I’m more worried about an entire new model of boat. I haven’t looked at boats in 7 years so this is new to me but I don’t see how they could hide a new boat but whatever. I’m not wanting anything much bigger than what the AR 240 is now. Also don’t want the added price on top of everyone freakin out like they are buying toilet paper 5 months ago

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s why I find it very strange that anyone would put money down on a boat that is not even released yet. You are paying for a place in line.

That’s easy for me to say in MN, as when those boats actually ship, our summer is nearly shot. So for you folks that still plan on putting 30hrs on after 9-1-20, knock yourselves out. But my money is that you gain nothing until after the dealer show. And this boat shortage is about to flip as well.

All these folks asking NEW MSRP on 8 year old boats, and those asking $10K over NADA are about to get a reality check with the Northern half of the US starts winterizing, and kids go back to sports and school. There is going to be a glut of low hour used boats being liquidated nationally as these first time boat buyers are going to realize they have to store, winterize and make payments on something they haven’t used as much as they dreamed of. I sense a strong buyers market coming up sooner rather than later.

Last edited: