• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252SE Fishing Rod Holders Using Seat Receivers

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely Pretty cool. Did you consider putting rod holders on your tower arms? I did that and put 4 of them on.

Do you see any downside to the way you have it set up?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I did think of putting them on the arms. I wanted the sides clear so i would not hit the line on anything as i pulled fish on board. The only down side would be is if i hook up to a bigger yellow tail or blue fin. it is in the way of dragging them onto the swim step. Other then that i have had no thoughts of modifying it.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Definitely Pretty cool. Did you consider putting rod holders on your tower arms? I did that and put 4 of them on.

Do you see any downside to the way you have it set up?
Not on the Tower arms. I have the VHF marine radio antenna and going to install wakeboard holders. i wanted to keep those clear.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have VHF Marine radio antenna, a surf board rack and also wakeboard holders on my tower as well as the 4 rod holders and a skier down flag and they all work fine with each other. Although I can get some funny looks when I have Zup Board on one side, the wake boards on the otherside, a tube secured on top and we are chilling out trolling with 4 rods of the tower as well. :)

I guess that was what I was thinking. I wanted to use the swim platform for landing fish and doing figure 8's for Muskie's, etc.

Edit: Although it looks nice to sit on the swim platform with a rod holder, we don't do that type of fishing. We cast, fly rod or troll. If we were trolling that would mean that we would have to be on the swim platform while the engines were running and because of CO exposure and poisoning, that is a no go on my boat.

I do hate laying my rod down on the swim platform though when I need to go change a lure or go to the cooler though. Was thinking some 15 degree hull mounted ones or a cup holder ones to alleviate that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have VHF Marine radio antenna, a surf board rack and also wakeboard holders on my tower as well as the 4 rod holders and a skier down flag and they all work fine with each other. Although I can get some funny looks when I have Zup Board on one side, the wake boards on the otherside, a tube secured on top and we are chilling out trolling with 4 rods of the tower as well. :)

I guess that was what I was thinking. I wanted to use the swim platform for landing fish and doing figure 8's for Muskie's, etc.

Edit: Although it looks nice to sit on the swim platform with a rod holder, we don't do that type of fishing. We cast, fly rod or troll. If we were trolling that would mean that we would have to be on the swim platform while the engines were running and because of CO exposure and poisoning, that is a no go on my boat.

I do hate laying my rod down on the swim platform though when I need to go change a lure or go to the cooler though. Was thinking some 15 degree hull mounted ones or a cup holder ones to alleviate that.
Do you have a photo of your set up on the tower?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure I will dig one out, or take a new one and post it. Last night I turned the upper rod holders outward about 20 degrees to swing 2 of the rods out further.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length

Let’s see this setup. sounds like I have roughly the same gear. I did buy 4 of the mate series rod holders (2 15 and 2 30) but can’t seem to get them to fit and be usable on the swim deck. So I got two of the tower holds just have put them up yet. Wasn’t sure of what to use to not scratch the tower.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210630_180121.jpg20210630_180115.jpg20210630_180109.jpg20210630_180102.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And for those that are wondering, the 2000 Grand Marquis in front of the boat is the 16 yr olds first car that her dad bought her. She calls it "Pedro" Lot of steel surrounding her. Like sitting on a couch too. :)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Creative but man that really kills the whole purpose of the boat lol.

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
why dont you all get rod/cup holders !?!? i have x4 on mine work perfect

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only have two cupholders on the swim deck. I may get a couple but I like having the cupholders open to use when I am casting as well. For trolling that position is inconvenient and also not the place to be sitting when trolling, with the engines. Thought about gitting some 30 degree thru hull ones and just install them a foot or so below the tower in the gunwale. That way they can also be used for trolling, but also be easily accessible to put rod in while casting to hold it rather than lay it down and also have the cupholders for drinks.

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Regarding the cup holders on the transom. Has anyone replaced theirs with the fishing rod / cup holder combo? How do the original ones come out? Do you just carefully pry up along the sides or the cup holders or do you have to do something else to get them out?

I want to replace mine so I can put a pole or two in the back but don't want to screw anything up in the process.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Regarding the cup holders on the transom. Has anyone replaced theirs with the fishing rod / cup holder combo? How do the original ones come out? Do you just carefully pry up along the sides or the cup holders or do you have to do something else to get them out?

I want to replace mine so I can put a pole or two in the back but don't want to screw anything up in the process.
I believe the trim just spins off and that exposes the screws.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Yamahajetboatadvenures you may like this mod for storing your fishing rods.

I replaced my swim deck cup holders. One with a rod/cup holder combo and the other with A cup holder that had its bottom cut out so I could install a charging port in it. I use the rod/cup combo to mount a bbq but it’s works great as a rod holder as well. Several members have installed them in the fiberglass between the rear cockpit and swim deck seats.

Tfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
why dont you all get rod/cup holders !?!? i have x4 on mine work perfect
I bought some mate series 15 rod cup holder with drain but it did not fit my 2018 212x cup holder o. Swim plateform. It was too long. Any suggestions or type I should get.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length