• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252se Price paid

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see a few people have been posting pics of the 252se they have recently bought and was curious as to prices paid on those. Everyone still hovering right around MSRP or has anyone seen any sizable discounts on that model yet? Thanks in advance for any input.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see a few people have been posting pics of the 252se they have recently bought and was curious as to prices paid on those. Everyone still hovering right around MSRP or has anyone seen any sizable discounts on that model yet? Thanks in advance for any input.
You really need to define "sizable" discounts. In the last 3 years the best I have seen anyone get off a Yamaha boat is 5% off MSRP. With Covid not going away anytime soon I doubt you will get close to that until next year this time and only if Covid disappears.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I've not seen any reports of 'sizeable' discounts on the 252SE either here or on the FB forums. People seem to be lucky to get MSRP+tax w/ no freight or prep added. Most have reported MSRP+freight+prep+tax...(freight+prep often adding $2000 to $2500 to the price, which has gone up ridiculously over the last couple years but that's a different story).

I've seen a couple reports of discounts on the AR250 but most people still seem to be getting told MSRP+freight+prep+tax on those, too.

FWIW, I paid a few hundred under MSRP+tax w/ no freight or prep, but I put my deposit down in mid August the week the new lineup was announced and have happily had mine for 6 weeks already. Last I heard my dealer wasn't even giving that offer anymore, they were up to MSRP+freight+prep+tax on any new deposits which is about $2500 more than what I paid mid-August.

Past history, of course, would lead you to believe prices would have to come down over winter, but I think it's highly unlikely as long as some demand is there. It's not like these are F150s and Yamaha is rolling 900,000 off the line every year. They only make ~6000 boats a year, give or take, across all models. There are 24 models this year which works out to only a few hundred of each model produced. Obviously they won't produce the exact same number of every model, but you get the point.

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We got ours for $2000 below MSRP + freight + prep + tax. We put a deposit on it at the end of June.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got ours for $2000 below MSRP + freight + prep + tax. We put a deposit on it at the end of June.
How much did they get on the freight and prep though? Did that push you back over MSRP?

BTW, you have any pics of your boat posted on here?

Last edited:

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm expecting Covid to start working its way out of here in about 6 days....at least the biggest panic of it.
I really hope you are right but it seems like the states are ready to lock down everything again because of the up tick in cases that are leading to hospitalizations. Time will tell but I believe we will be locked down again before you know it.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$3000 off plus a cover, no freight or prep but did have a $300 doc fee.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$2500 off plus a cover, no freight or prep but did have a $300 doc fee.
That was for a similar model and I haven’t decided between the S and 250

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
another aspect to how much paid is demand. Most dealerships already have a list of people that paid deposits. If they know they are getting 3 boats in a particular model, they most likely have way more people in line to bu
Thats a great deal, where?

mbluce84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked up our AR250 last friday. Paid MSRP+freight+prep+tax but they did throw in a custom yamaha cover plus lifejackets, anchor, ropes, and bumpers.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just picked up our AR250 last friday. Paid MSRP+freight+prep+tax but they did throw in a custom yamaha cover plus lifejackets, anchor, ropes, and bumpers.
Nice amount of accessories. Did they already have the cover in stock (assuming you're talking about the black mooring cover?) or is it something you'll receive once they get it in stock?

mbluce84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No they had to order it. Takes about 3 weeks. Apparently a lot of people are asking them to throw one in the deal.

And yes ... it's the black mooring cover.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No they had to order it. Takes about 3 weeks. Apparently a lot of people are asking them to throw one in the deal.

And yes ... it's the black mooring cover.
Thanks for the info. At least it appears they're now available to order, which wasn't the case when I picked up my boat in mid-Sep. I went ahead and called my dealer to order one...Dec 14th ETA.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. At least it appears they're now available to order, which wasn't the case when I picked up my boat in mid-Sep. I went ahead and called my dealer to order one...Dec 14th ETA.
I was told Dec also for my 252SD..