• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252SE

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone that I talked to about Yamaha's and referred to a dealer a while ago just swung by with their 2021 252SE on the way to Lake St. Clair. I got on board and walked around only for a few minutes. Wow, that is a very nice boat. Have to admit it makes me have thoughts........ And that is how it all starts! When I came in the house the Admiral said.... "Don't even think about it!"

Anyhow, they are great and I can feel the difference in the space a bit. It was the blue one. The finish felt great as well. The additional $40k above what I have though is tough for us to swallow right now though ;), plus the Admiral will not Approve that, no way.

Last edited:

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You need to enjoy all the modes you added this summer before you upgrade😎 and aren't you getting a pool. That being said someone got one at our marine and i checked it out, you are correct the 252 is Beautiful.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How do you think I ended up with one lol... "Let's swing by the boat dealer" "Oh shit this is way bigger than our 210". My wife wanted it and I was the hesitant one lol.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have to admit, I've been drooling over the 255XD online a little. Then I remember all the QC issues I've been reading about... ouch.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@anmut The price difference since I already have a boat is the sticking point. For that $40k additional I can take the family on a lot of trips with and without the boat and still have a boat. Disney, Cedar Pointe, Gatlinburg, Florida Keys, and still do everything on the water we currently do. No doubt it is a nicer boat than what I have. Plus could you see me trying to Slap on a trolling motor on the 252SE....... ROFL.... Would need the 36V and then some to move that boat around. Let alone start drilling up an $80k boat. Things are simpler on a $40k boat when it comes to drilling :)

Still those higher trim level 25' footers are very nice!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@anmut The price difference since I already have a boat is the sticking point. For that $40k additional I can take the family on a lot of trips with and without the boat and still have a boat. Disney, Cedar Pointe, Gatlinburg, Florida Keys, and still do everything on the water we currently do. No doubt it is a nicer boat than what I have. Plus could you see me trying to Slap on a trolling motor on the 252SE....... ROFL.... Would need the 36V and then some to move that boat around. Let alone start drilling up an $80k boat. Things are simpler on a $40k boat when it comes to drilling :)

Still those higher trim level 25' footers are very nice!
Same thought process. For me, 7k into a stereo and all the perfect mods I want. No ballast tanks = extra storage. Also the XDs only come in black hulls and I dock at too many restaurants for that noise.

Yet... the additional space, quicker setup time for water sports, and integrated wakeboosters call to me in the night. "something shiny and new!"

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We are very happy with ours. I must admit that the only frame of reference I have is a 28’ pursuit and a 32’ tiara that a friend has had. Those are really nice boats.

This is obviously a completely different style boat but is a better boat than those for what we will be using it for. The only real problem to report is a bad finish on the anchor locker drain.

05A295CD-2A97-4E1D-B2DC-57A0E9ABFFC8.jpeg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Thats what happened to me. Loved the look of the 27. Had a 232. Went to the boat show and got on the 27 and was like wow look at all the room. That just started the gears spinning for about 9 mos or so. Once i get something in my head though i somehow make it happen for myself. Never said anything to the wife the whole time. Told her i was putting a deposit on it about 30 min before i did it. Lol

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
In early November I told the wife we were just going swing by to look at some boats. I had in mind the 212SE for the price and features I thought that would be the right size. After checking it out and of course there was an AR250 next to it it was a no brainer to jump up in size with the new style and forgo the extras and she was sold. The head space was a win. With two young kids it was the right move for us. I did really like the swim up seating on the 252 but that doest work with young kids that well. The reef 85 or similar is where its at for a family! My few biggest gripes with Yamaha are putting shocks on all of the wake towers, trailer weight setup, and color schemes with the trims. Most of it doesn’t make sense. Anyway I love the boat. Couldn’t be happier!