• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 275SD - Update Charts

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Has anyone figured out how to update the charts in the 2021 model? I'm saw in some previous years talk about an SD card that could be removed and connected to computer to update the charts. I looked underneath my console and did not see an SD card. I'm going to take a flashlight out there this morning and give it a more detailed look, just wonder if any other 2021 owners have figured it out yet. Thanks!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yes, of course the dealer didnt know so he had go back and forth a couple times with yamaha tech support and he keeps sending me their email of how to do it. They said you go under the helm and pull the sd card out of the back of the screen.....i stopped him right there lol. Our screen is different and mounted in the pod. It has no sd card in it. You would think yamaha would know that the 275 has a floating pod. I mean they did design the boat. Lol. Anyway, he sent them what i said last week and now i have heard nothing because they clearly have no idea. I guess they are working on finding out so i will have an answer eventually. If i dont hear anything by mid next week i will make a phone call myself and let you know

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Awesome thanks for the post! You'd think they would document this stuff in their manual???

It sounds like I can stop looking for my SD card o_O

If you hear of a solution if you would mine posting I'd appreciate it!! Thanks!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yeah i have already had the screen out of the pod. There isnt anything there. Its a completely sealed unit. There is a short cable running from the screen to under the helm with a female usb jack at the end. I am wondering if you have to use that in some way. Either that or there is a remote brain somewhere with the sd in it. Ill keep you posted

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
ok, i just heard back from yamaha. the 275 screen and i suspect all the smaller boats as well that have the screen up in the floating pod is made by ennovation. there is no sd card. there is a usb wire coming from the back of the screen. you will see this wire under the helm. there is a female usb port on the end of the wire. from how i understand it, you will go online and update like you would via the sd card but instead you will write the navionics maps to a flash drive. you plug it into the usb cable then power cycle the screen. at that point the screen should pull the maps into memory. i have not tried it yet. wont be until spring at this point.

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Interesting... I'm 1200 miles away from my boat right now, but I'll be back in Florida for Christmas and I'll mess around with it then report back to the forums. Thanks for posting what you heard back!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Thanks brad. If you get it to work, let me know how the update process went

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I'm messing around with their software and I guess this is my first roadblock.... nothing matches under Manufacturer or family

1607362995867.png

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
People with older models used this config... which seems reasonable. I'll probably first connect my computer to the USB in the boat and see if I can read anything from that connection.

1607363670673.png

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yeah I see that... I'm chatting with Navionics support right now. Let's see if they know anything

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
great, i was just going to say this might require a call into navionics support. enovation controls is also murphy. navionics could have either name listed. also since you have them on the line make sure they are ok with it being written to a flash drive. all i see is sd card all over their site

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Navionics had no information in regards to Yamaha boats. I'll mess around with that USB connection in a couple weeks and let the forum know (unless somebody else beats me to it).

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Figures. There are too many middle men involved in getting answers. I ask the dealer, the dealer asks yamaha, yamaha doesnt know so they ask enovation. Once there is an answer then the i fo flow goes in the opposite order hoping noting is lost in translation. Might be better to contact enovation support directly since its their screen.

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
That is my big frustration with this boat so far is Yamaha does not even know how to support their own product.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
All very intersting... so Actia is out. Looks like this is the new enovation screen:

8 gigs of onboard memory.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Cool! So i'm not familiar yet with the Navitronics app, will it let you download the files to an USB flash drive without any SD card to verify your current maps/subscription or is it going to force you to pay for a year subscription (no more free one year of updates with the SD card?

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Not 100% sure yet... I'm at work on my work computer and I don't have an USB drive handy that I can format at the moment. Looking around for one now.

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I found an 8GB drive and formatted it as NTFS, FAT32, and ExFAT and the software will not recognize it. I'll keep messing around with it.