• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR190 Boat Cover For Sale

Jewellcj23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,

I just bought a brand new 2021 AR190 this past May. Along with it, I purchased the upgraded Travel Cover. I'm now looking to sell the white factory travel cover. Only use of the cover was when it was stored and then shipped to the boat dealership. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

$250 (Shipping Included)

Pictures are attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would keep the cover for trailering, you don't want to tow with the black cover

Jewellcj23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why is that? I thought the black cover is built to travel with it on?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There have been a few members that have reported the black cover leaving chafe marks on the gel coat from towing, not sure if they made improvements on the newer one but I'm not a fan of the material and how abrasive it is. The white shipping cover, while not breathable, is completely waterproof and lined with felt so it won't scratch the gel coat. I use the shipping cover from towing and the black storage cover for everything else.

Jewellcj23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting, I think that they must have made improvements on it. I've trailered it 20 times this summer, including the highway at 70+ MPH and it has traveled beautifully with it. No marks or anything have left been left on the boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There have been a few members that have reported the black cover leaving chafe marks on the gel coat from towing, not sure if they made improvements on the newer one but I'm not a fan of the material and how abrasive it is. The white shipping cover, while not breathable, is completely waterproof and lined with felt so it won't scratch the gel coat. I use the shipping cover from towing and the black storage cover for everything else.
It is usually because the covers where not cranked down tight enough which gives them movement.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I travel with the black cover on and have had no problems. And that includes interstate driving at higher speeds. I have a 2019 AR190 so it should be the same type of cover.

I make sure to ratchet them down before driving.

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I also travel with the black cover 5.5 hrs, 70+/- mph, to my favorite lake every other week during the summer. The cover doesn't affect the gelcoat, but will affect your pin striping in the front. I take the blue masking tape and tape over the pin striping from the front of the boat to where the windshield terminates midway down the hull. I also tape the upper windshield frame.

Also, stick a pool noodle (slit down the middle) over the perpendicular portion of the upper windshield frame. I place a small folded towel over the front light (taped down) as well. These measures keep from tearing up the cover.

Having doing these things, going on three seasons, my boat is still in pristine condition. No problems to note with the boat or the cover. YMMV.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What year is your boat?

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I second @Wake_Dude

It basically removed three inches or so of the silver pinstriping on the front "corners" of the bow on our 2017 AR195. At the end of the day, it doesn't bother me too much, but I would have masked them when travelling had I known beforehand. I'll just have the pinstriping replaced the next time I inevitably need gelcoat work after having a boat fail.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the black premium cover and I use it when trailering. No problems whatsoever. Crank it down tight.