• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR210 Battery Mounting

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all, I'm adding a secondary battery for running my sound (house battery). I measured the battery compartment and it looks like there is only room for another 24 series as the width of the space is only 11" wide at the bottom so my thoughts of installing a 27 series deep cycle is out. (Ya, I know I could do a battery box but that recessed location is so perfect...)
IMG_2075.JPG
IMG_2076.JPG
My question is mounting the battery tray. I'm hesitant to run a screw into the bottom of a brand new boat lol. Has anyone mounted the battery tray to the bottom of the battery compartment? I'm sure there is space between that and the hull of the boat right??? I'm just trying to be overly cautious and thought I would ask.

This youtube video appears to show it mounted to the bottom.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You may have better luck posting in the general thread. Did you do some searching on here, I feel like I have seen some comments on this before.

BrentM

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all, I'm adding a secondary battery for running my sound (house battery). I measured the battery compartment and it looks like there is only room for another 24 series as the width of the space is only 11" wide at the bottom so my thoughts of installing a 27 series deep cycle is out. (Ya, I know I could do a battery box but that recessed location is so perfect...)
View attachment 143496
View attachment 143495
My question is mounting the battery tray. I'm hesitant to run a screw into the bottom of a brand new boat lol. Has anyone mounted the battery tray to the bottom of the battery compartment? I'm sure there is space between that and the hull of the boat right??? I'm just trying to be overly cautious and thought I would ask.

This youtube video appears to show it mounted to the bottom.
What did you end up doing. Just purchased an agm 24 battery from Costco.

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did you end up doing. Just purchased an agm 24 battery from Costco.
Sorry for the late reply. If you look at the stock battery, the strap is screwed to the sidewalls and not the bottom, so I would probably follow suite. I ended up putting in a group 27 battery on a tray not in the battery well.

ABL8R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm thinking of doing the same... which battery did you go with? I'm also going to add the Blue Seas Add-A-Battery switch, so I can have the house battery running the stereo/accessories at the same time the starter battery is connected to the engine... I may be wrong, but looks like the Yamaha switch will have a single output connected to 1 or 2 or both in parallel.

Btw, my stock battery came in a tray in that same space.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depends on what you will be using it for. I went with the group 24m agm tppl, Northstar. Solid battery.

NorthStar NSB-AGM24M AGM Marine Battery 840CCA 1000 CA/MCA

ABL8R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just did this install a couple weeks ago. I used a group 24M battery tray that came with a strap. I ran a couple of strips of heavy duty velcro along the bottom of the battery tray with the strap between the strips - no screws needed. Since that area is the exact size for that battery, there's no wriggle room in there. Apparently, there was no tray underneath the factory battery.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My AR210 did not have a tray either. Batteries were just placed in there with a buckle strap secured to either side. I added another 24 and a perko switch.

3C20FD22-C475-4B46-AB47-5D50D3882027.jpeg520F1D1A-39B8-4DB5-A084-02EA3213DDDE.jpeg

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added a second battery and just added a strap like the one from the factory. I also replaced the factory switch with a add-a-batttery kit. Ran a new feed to the helm to power the amps and other enhancement the UPS guy keeps bringing me. See this for pics. Battery pics

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is how I did mine. Fuse block top right and fuse block under helm. When adding second battery,

20210427_213604.jpg

Attachments

Shadowrider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for all the tips. Any thoughts? on useing a gel-cell versus a standard lead acid battery for the house battery?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with an AGM Northstar. Was a bit spendy have absolutely no regrets using and AGM for the house. I left the stock battery in for the starter. Note if you do go with AGM some are TPPL and some are thick plate, so not all AGM's are created equal.