• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR210 Exhaust Issues

Dhuddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all!

I have a 2021 AR210 with 28 hours on it. Several times last year the boat would at speed lose RPMs and sputter out and on one trip left me stuck out on the lake to get a tow in. It happens to both engines but the port seems to start first. I took it into the dealer to have this issue dealt with and they 'Found loose hose clamps on the exhaust leaking water and exhaust into the hull. Tightened all exhaust clamps and resealed cleanout tray'. Last weekend I took it out on the first day of the spring and it happened yet again. Here is a video of what happens after the engines begin to sputter at speed, the interior of the enclosed spaces fill with exhaust and it comes out through the passenger cabin.

Needless to say the reason I bought a new boat was to not to deal with this kind of stuff. I can't trust the boat out on the water and asking for advice on what should my next steps be?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Either a clamp is loose or a hole somewhere.

Assuming since you are in Clarkston you bought it Wonderland Marine West on Dixie HIghway? If you haven't dealt with Ryan Zamler, he is the manager there, ring him up directly. Always a straight shooter. That is where I got my boat. @Wonderland Marine

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So this is always a challenge....you have a new boat, so the dealer should fix it, but the dealers are always swamped this time of year. So do you look to fix it yourself, or wait for the dealer to address it? Depends on how much time you have, your skill, and willingness to tackle it.

No matter what I'd call the dealer ASAP, and demand you bring it in for them to address immediately. See how that flies. If they say they can't get to it, escalate.

In the meantime, you might be able to run with it on the water with the blowers running all the time? (also be sure the bilge pump it on auto).

Dhuddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks All!

So I took it in to the dealer today - not the satellite store but the main service station, it was a second (third) incident of this happening. Appreciate the idea of involving Ryan but he's a Sales Manager at the Waterford store (not much help for service) -I am out of town heading to Vancouver Canada this weekend so I just dropped it off at the main service station - have some time to get them to hopefully fix. Just a total PITA for buying new!

Last edited:

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is it exhaust or steam coming out of the hull?

At alarms going off when the engines sputter and die?

Can you tell where the smoke is coming from?

Dhuddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it exhaust or steam coming out of the hull?

At alarms going off when the engines sputter and die?

Can you tell where the smoke is coming from?
No alarms going off, they just go from 7k down to 1-2k and sputter out. It is exhaust coming though the hull - if I open the engine bay and that storage access it keeps the engines going but without doing that they will shut down.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So exhaust leak is filling the intake and it runs out of Oxygen?.... not sure what can suddenly block the exhaust.... exhaust leak is a pretty serious flaw.

When you crawl into the engine compartment, can you see the air intake cut outs in the fiberglass? You should see circles about 4in across.

Hopefully dealer can recreate on the water and fix it once and for all.

Welcome to BC!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length