• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR210 Order/Deal

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally heard back from one of the two dealers I'm interested in buying a 2021 AR210 from. They're giving me an OTD price of $52,424 which includes $2200 freight/prep. Does any of the veteran Yamaha owners know about how much of that $2200 is freight and how much is prep fees? I'm trying to see if there's wiggle room on the prep fees and/or get a mooring cover thrown in but I don't want to over pay. It's a new young salesman that even tried to tell me the freight/prep is set by Yamaha not the dealer. I corrected him and told him Yamaha sets the freight, dealer sets the prep. Although, I could be wrong.

Any info anyone wants to share would be appreciated!

Boatinmama14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey there, so I work at dealer that sells Yamaha, freight charge depends on the region, and how far they have to ship it to, and also the size of the boat. Prep is set by the dealer but based on what there service charges per hour and how many hours that boat is to prep (safety check, they don't come with batteries, so the cost of the battery is in there, water test and whatever else that particular boat needs) I will say that is not something you can usually negotiate because it is an actual cost. Hope that helps at least a little!

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While working my deal I got better OTD pricing than that on AR210. My range was $49500-$52000. The dealer asked me for $2k non refundable and that put a bad taste in my mouth so I'm holding off until after labor day at least if not October to let the market calm down.

You should be able to get better pricing although I don't know the details of your deal.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey there, so I work at dealer that sells Yamaha, freight charge depends on the region, and how far they have to ship it to, and also the size of the boat. Prep is set by the dealer but based on what there service charges per hour and how many hours that boat is to prep (safety check, they don't come with batteries, so the cost of the battery is in there, water test and whatever else that particular boat needs) I will say that is not something you can usually negotiate because it is an actual cost. Hope that helps at least a little!
My dealer knocked off the freight and prep charge within 5 minutes of communication. Still working on deeper discounts but freight and prep was easy to get by

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$45,999 MSRP
$2200 Freight/Prep
$341 Title etc +8% tax (I love NY) lol

$52,424 OTD

They just emailed back and said they won't budge on the price but would split a mooring cover. To which I replied, we have two potential boat sales (my buddy is buying a new boat as well) and you can't throw in an $800 cover, work with me! :)

Also, $1,000 refundable deposit if I take what they have coming in on inventory to hold it, otherwise $3k non refundable to order.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that is crazy tax..... Are there any other states that high or higher? the non refundable is B.S.

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been working all the deals on our other vehicles for years without issue, never ever paying at or over MSRP. Boats are a whole new thing to negotiate for me so I don't want to overpay and always want to get anything extra I can out of the dealer as far as accessories etc.

Matman01775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
I guess I don’t understand why some “order” a Yamaha. There isn’t any options you can put on like in a car. You probably won’t get it any faster either than just dropping a refundable deposit and standing by.

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I don’t understand why some “order” a Yamaha. There isn’t any options you can put on like in a car. You probably won’t get it any faster either than just dropping a refundable deposit and standing by.
My dealer experience has been that they are requiring non refundable deposits in the thousands.

"
Based on what Yamaha has said to us, for this entire model year of 2021s there is no time in which they believe we will have boats for stock and inventory. "
This is what I got from my dealer today after I told him I was holding off on putting down non refundable deposit on a sight unseen boat.

Matman01775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
My dealer experience has been that they are requiring non refundable deposits in the thousands.

"
Based on what Yamaha has said to us, for this entire model year of 2021s there is no time in which they believe we will have boats for stock and inventory. "
This is what I got from my dealer today after I told him I was holding off on putting down non refundable deposit on a sight unseen boat.
hmmm that doesn’t make much sense to me. I put down a deposit last week for a 255XD. I’m number 3 on the list for it.
When it comes in will all technically be “sold” because they have a line if people that have already put a deposit on it.

All the dealers in Florida I’ve spoken to only require a $500 refundable deposit

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

"
thats what they say to scare you into paying too much. My local dealer has 3 19footers and 1 21footer in stock sitting on the lot right now.

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thats what they say to scare you into paying too much. My local dealer has 3 19footers and 1 21footer in stock sitting on the lot right now.
Where are you located that there are in stock boats?

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No doubt I'm about ready to drive there right now!!

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Damn I'm tempted even from Montana!

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now the dealer is playing the "hey if I can get my manager to throw in a mooring cover, will you order today?" I had to LOL to myself on that one. I agree I won't "order" a boat that isnt customizable. I have no issue place a refundable deposit to hold a boat that's in stock or en route to the dealership, but I won't tie up $1k-$3k for a purchase months down the road. I've got feelers out to other dealerships. I appreciate any and all feedback from current owners or others in the same "boat" as me...pun intended! :winkingthumbsup"

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm right there with ya. $1k non refundable at one dealer and 2K non refundable at the other. So I'm taking a pause. I don't need a boat. I would like a boat but I'm not playing the games with the dealers. Eventually I will get what I want. Hell I GUARANTEE! that I will pay less then the deals I negotiated prior to the deposit putting a bad taste in my mouth. Hang in there this market can't stay like this forever.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm right there with ya. $1k non refundable at one dealer and 2K non refundable at the other. So I'm taking a pause. I don't need a boat. I would like a boat but I'm not playing the games with the dealers. Eventually I will get what I want. Hell I GUARANTEE! that I will pay less then the deals I negotiated prior to the deposit putting a bad taste in my mouth. Hang in there this market can't stay like this forever.
Absolutely you will get a better deal. I run a car dealership and with supply being extremely low and demand being pretty high right now were getting more for everything...lots of new cars bringing sticker. Am I demanding sticker and turning away buyers that wont pay it....hell no. Am I pushing more for it than normal because of the supply issues, yes. Ive also been doing it long enough to know that fall/winter is coming PLUS were in an election year and sales decline every 4 years because of that. I take a guaranteed sale now over the hopes of one tomorrow plus I know inventory will be back in line again soon and we will be discounting heavily again. Deals will be made this fall....dealers saying order now or you wont have a boat for next season are simply using sales tactics that from what it seems are working to scare the hell out of people into paying thousands over retail.