• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR250 Cobra Jet Steering Fins only review.

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, just wanted to take a moment to post a quick review of the fin install and user experience so far.
Background, I had a set on my 2006 SX230HO, and we absolutely enjoyed everything about them. Low speed tracking, turning off throttle, and especially when docking. Especially in a side wind, when getting back on trailer.

The 2021 AR250 has a center rudder from factory, however, we still felt the need for additional stability and control when docking and low speed tracking.
I’m very pleased with the results of adding the fins, and also discovered while heading upwind into a crosswind the boat tracks far more direct. Something, we also experienced is that the boat feels more comfortable, and hooked up at higher speeds, in the 30-40mph range. Especially on choppy water.

Install was a breeze, and communication/support with Jeff is outstanding. He stands behind his product and is always responsive. Let me know if you have any questions, also if you are on the fence, I say buy them.

Last edited:

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got the same system for my '21 SX210, and they are fantastic. They are everything people say. Total difference in low-speed handling and off-throttle control. Money well spent.
IMG_20210710_153355555.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you for your feedback and remember you have the basic system so in the future you can also upgrade this to the deluxe system adding plaining surfaces and inner top fins to the equation, so that you also get a faster hole shot , a smoother ride in chop and a cleaner wake behind the boat for watersport activities, and add the inner top fins for even more slow speed influence without increasing the draft of the boat. Only $139 extra.

Attachments

Last edited:

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey, just wanted to take a moment to post a quick review of the fin install and user experience so far.
Background, I had a set on my 2006 SX230HO, and we absolutely enjoyed everything about them. Low speed tracking, turning off throttle, and especially when docking. Especially in a side wind, when getting back on trailer.

The 2021 AR250 has a center rudder from factory, however, we still felt the need for additional stability and control when docking and low speed tracking.
I’m very pleased with the results of adding the fins, and also discovered while heading upwind into a crosswind the boat tracks far more direct. Something, we also experienced is that the boat feels more comfortable, and hooked up at higher speeds, in the 30-40mph range. Especially on choppy water.

Install was a breeze, and communication/support with Jeff is outstanding. He stands behind his product and is always responsive. Let me know if you have any questions, also if you are on the fence, I say buy them.
I've got a 2020 242SE and steering/tracking gets squirrely at 25-30mph, such that I loathe going anywhere much faster than that. I will need to constantly correct course or the boat will start veering to port or starboard without any warning. Is this something you had experienced prior to installing the fins?

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, for sure. These fins really hook-up well and keep your steering input to minimal allowing you to track very direct. Which is surprising given the small surface area they cover. All in all more stability and maneuverability.
Very impressed for sure, and completley satisfied.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the full Deluxe set on my AR250 - amazing improvement all around. Highly recommend the added fins.