• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR250 Sea Deck Removal....

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had planned on removing my traction mat shit right from the get go, I usually do, however I’m stunned by how easy this stuff is coming up, it’s pulling off in full sheets, no residue left behind, almost no effort required.

compared to my brand new 2016 scarab (at the time) it didn’t come off, it took over a week to get the million pieces it tore into off and then another week to get all the residue off after That.

so far I’m 30 min into the removal and I’m pretty much done..... this is probably good news for some who will replace it, it’s bad news for people intending to keep it in place because I don’t see this staying on.

Attachments

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Are you leaving it clean or replacing with something else?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My 252 was a PITA to remove

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am installing the a kit from JBP. I dont even think it was glued in some spots, it just literally peeled off like it was a normal peice of tape. There were some spots that are about 2 square inches that were hard to remove, and i could tell there was additional glue in those spots, but the rest of this peed up like it was just barely tacky enough to be held in place. no residue. stinks for people who want to keep it in place.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I am installing the a kit from JBP. I dont even think it was glued in some spots, it just literally peeled off like it was a normal peice of tape. There were some spots that are about 2 square inches that were hard to remove, and i could tell there was additional glue in those spots, but the rest of this peed up like it was just barely tacky enough to be held in place. no residue. stinks for people who want to keep it in place.
Oh cool. Pics please! I'd look to do the same if my 250 ever gets built.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I had to guess, that glue would have cured with some sun baking. For all we know it has had zero sun/heat exposure.

Probably a lack of clue for sure, but I would bet over time, these glues cure and stick as much as we see some start to fail and peel. I would say be glad it was so easy, as the alternative is a pain.

A good point may be, you might have some material that could be used for another project since it came off so easy. I have some creative uses for material like that on other powersport devices. or in places on the boat that could use it. Cooler topper?

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh cool. Pics please! I'd look to do the same if my 250 ever gets built.
I wont be installing for another week or so most likely, the boat is getting wrapped right now, so i will do it afterwards.

If I had to guess, that glue would have cured with some sun baking. For all we know it has had zero sun/heat exposure.

Probably a lack of clue for sure, but I would bet over time, these glues cure and stick as much as we see some start to fail and peel. I would say be glad it was so easy, as the alternative is a pain.

A good point may be, you might have some material that could be used for another project since it came off so easy. I have some creative uses for material like that on other powersport devices. or in places on the boat that could use it. Cooler topper?
the stuff removed has no stick on it, you cant stick it to anything else lol. I know in my possession alone, its sat baked in the sun for about 12 days. at the dealer who knows. It pulled off like masking tape, no hesitation anywhere besides a few small spots where you can see they used a yellowish glue. that had to be removed with a rubber eraser wheel.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't think anyone would expect to reuse glue that didn't stick very well in the first place. That's funny, as that is what 3M spray adhesive is for. It used to be that you could order SeaDeck or HydroTurf with or without the 3M adhesive pre applied.

So yes, if you wanted to cut and utilize those pieces creatively, just go grab a can of 3M spray adhesive. Watch for overspray, is it yellows in the sun horribly, so wipe it up right away.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Cmon Jeebus! Let's see that bad boy!

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Almost done with the wrap, then I can start the sea deck
B24281D3-18F6-48D4-8565-9CF49EB56FBE.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Love it. What did the wrap cost if you don’t mind me asking.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Oh sweeeet! Liking that look!

Roaringboar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Why did you change the sea deck? I have a 252 SE same color I believe. Why were you unhappy with the factory mats? Just curious?

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why did you change the sea deck? I have a 252 SE same color I believe. Why were you unhappy with the factory mats? Just curious?

Honestly, I have always owned scarab boats, Im used to the thicker padding seadeck that scarab uses, it feels better on your feet, and stays cooler. the factory stuff on my 250 is so so very thin and cheap feeling. If im being honest, it feels too cheap to be something that comes on a 60k boat, personally. Its a relatively cheap upgrade to a part of that boat that you use constantly (the floor)