• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR250 speed control

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question. Does the 2021 AR250 come with speed control for water sports?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From my understanding the AR250 has not been upgraded to the throttle-by-wire system available on the higher XE XD trim levels. Those models are equip with GPS based speed control for watersports. The AR250 only has the the RPM based "Cruise Assist", which is pretty poor st maintaining consistent speeds, requiring a lot of attention from the driver. The powertrain should be compatible with the Hydrophase Ridesteady system. The 2021 AR250 is on their list if compatibility.

I have been running Ridesteady for 4 years on my '16 AR240, and it is one of the best upgrades I made to the boat. I wouldn't think of going back to a boat without GPS speed control. I installed the system myself. There's plenty of info on here if you search "Ridesteady" and Justin @Ridesteady (owner) is a member here.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ditto on the praise for Ridesteady- we couldn’t go with the E series boats because of a low bridge on our lake - the rigid Bimini would have been too problematic for us - but I really wanted gps speed control - we found the hydrophase product and it is a great product for water sports - I also use it for engine syncing- another E series feature we had to give up but solved with Ridesteady with an update from our original purchase

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

socalyamahafanar250

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2021 AR250, no speed control. No Wake control is quite helpful where we boat and a huge upgrade from our 2003 sx230.