• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Current Orders, Deliveries and 2022 Model Startup

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This morning I went to my Yamaha Dealer to inspect a new boat for another member here on the forum. They are coming quite some distance to pick it up in the next couple days and they wanted me to make sure the majority of it is up to par. It is a 195. None the less, Everything looked fantastic and they did a great job in prepping the boat. I was quite thorough with cosmetics, latches, hoses, fit and finish, marring, trailer setup and all including gear and cushions as well as other things. Checked everything I have found issue with on my boat as well as possible and things that have been popping up on this forum.

Anyhow, I was talking to them and it was indicated that Yamaha just today was announcing more cuts to orders roughly another 30%. It appears as though if the boat isn't being built it is not going to be. They are going to be in the mode of finishing boats they have mostly built and changing over to the new model year which should start showing up mid to late August at dealerships. Dealers hope it will be sooner, but not really believing that will happen. Further cuts are anticipated over the next couple weeks. No further information and just possible rumors of potential 21' footer changes. People are calling him every couple/few days for an update, but Yamaha is not giving him a lot of information. Consumers are getting very angry with the dealer, BUT THE DEALER DOESN'T BUILD THE BOATS! As mentioned in other threads, he knows when they show up. With Jet Ski's they can actually track them better through the system.

This is a once in a lifetime if not more event that has occurred. Not everyone will get what they want, but It would be great to show some courtesy for things beyond the Dealers Control.

Jet Ski's are getting hit a bit harder, with cut backs.

The Dealership has everything sold in the showroom, on order and in inventory that floats. Picked up an O'Brien Single Rider Tube for the kids to try and get them to forget about the Super HD Mable that I hate blowing up.

We also discussed sales in General, and a lot of Dealerships are hurting because their projected inventory has been slashed 50% or more.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sucks for all the people waiting. On a positive note, Those of us with 2021's will be able to market them as "Limited Editions" when we go to sell them.
😂 that is funny... and very true. 2021 will Covid Edition Boats meaning the scarcity of them should increase the value by at least 5% I would think.

Good info and updates - I agree the dealers are getting hammered for things completely outside their knowledge or control. At least it sounds like Yamaha has a plan - finish what they started to build and start a new in 2022.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@toddaltpeter I dunno...... what probably will end up happening is the the inventory resolves it self, used start hitting the market, people start doing other things and our values drop substantially. After all this crazy buying driving used prices up to an unsustainable level.

Interested to see how this summer plays out. With clogged launches, stupidity on the water, gas going up, and all the other things that come with boat ownership that people don't get till they actually have one. There has been a great deal of impulse purchasing by inexperienced people, which usually doesn't turn out great. Some will do fine, others not so much.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
pure madness. Are wakeboats hit as hard as well? In my drive to my marina the lots of the dealers that sell wakeboats were dry as a bone, but lately I see much more inventory.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Curious if the anchor locker was fixed by the dealer already.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@KnucklDragr I can just see it now..... SMH..... "So was your boat built pre, during or post Covid??" When I go to sell.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I watch too much MotorTrend and have bought into the limited manufacturing quantities makes things more valuable (It was a joke by the way). The funny thing is that when I was buying my boat I was going back and forth between the 190 and the 195. I told my salesman that knowing myself, I would either be done with boating or buying a bigger one in 3 years no matter which one I bought. I figured it would be easier to move a lower price point boat either way. I joked that I was looking at a boat like an investment. Little did I know that people would be selling 3 year old boats above new MSRP 6 months later.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This morning I went to my Yamaha Dealer to inspect a new boat for another member here on the forum. They are coming quite some distance to pick it up in the next couple days and they wanted me to make sure the majority of it is up to par. It is a 195. None the less, Everything looked fantastic and they did a great job in prepping the boat. I was quite thorough with cosmetics, latches, hoses, fit and finish, marring, trailer setup and all including gear and cushions as well as other things. Checked everything I have found issue with on my boat as well as possible and things that have been popping up on this forum.

Anyhow, I was talking to them and it was indicated that Yamaha just today was announcing more cuts to orders roughly another 30%. It appears as though if the boat isn't being built it is not going to be. They are going to be in the mode of finishing boats they have mostly built and changing over to the new model year which should start showing up mid to late August at dealerships. Dealers hope it will be sooner, but not really believing that will happen. Further cuts are anticipated over the next couple weeks. No further information and just possible rumors of potential 21' footer changes. People are calling him every couple/few days for an update, but Yamaha is not giving him a lot of information. Consumers are getting very angry with the dealer, BUT THE DEALER DOESN'T BUILD THE BOATS! As mentioned in other threads, he knows when they show up. With Jet Ski's they can actually track them better through the system.

This is a once in a lifetime if not more event that has occurred. Not everyone will get what they want, but It would be great to show some courtesy for things beyond the Dealers Control.

The Dealership has everything sold in the showroom, on order and in inventory that floats. Picked up an O'Brien Single Rider Tube for the kids to try and get them to forget about the Super HD Mable that I hate blowing up.

We also discussed sales in General, and a lot of Dealerships are hurting because their projected inventory has been slashed 50% or more.
That was really nice you going out of your way to inspect a members boat, with all the mods you have done he picked the right guy.
Also regarding Super Mable I agree I hated blowing up that thing. I started calling it the baby tube to my boys because only babies need that style of tube and it worked we never use Mable anymore.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
man hearing this id like to kick whomever was working on my boat in the nutz. I got the "C" team on mine lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was really nice you going out of your way to inspect a members boat, with all the mods you have done he picked the right guy.
Also regarding Super Mable I agree I hated blowing up that thing. I started calling it the baby tube to my boys because only babies need that style of tube and it worked we never use Mable anymore.
No problem doing favors for people. Pay it forward.

Also to go the the boat dealership for a couple hours, look at a new boat and shoot breeze, pick up a few things, etc Kind of my thing.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Makes you wonder if they dont get the parts, how are they going to produce 2022's, with unfinished 2021's

From what i gather, current orders are in the thousands still and getting trimmed each week or so.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bet one of are new boatless members, boat is sit right there. Thats alot of unfinished Yamahas.

ryanfromokc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

I'm still waiting on my 2021 sx195 in blue. Which 195 did you look at, what color, and do you know when dealer got it?

My dealer told me a week ago that my boat wasn't included in the additional cuts announced last week and we are still waiting.

First I have heard of an additional 30% cut on top of the 10% last week and from the Yamaha letter on here.

That would make it a 40% cut to boats in two weeks.

Crazy

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its another members here boat, so I dont know all the logistics. If he wants to chime in and give info that is up to him.

I will say it was a nice boat. All seadek, i got the crap carpet on my AR210 :rolleyes:

ryanfromokc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Pic from dealer this morning… lots of 2021 boats sitting at the factory waiting on a part before they can be finalized and shippedView attachment 151445
If that picture is really recent and at the plant in TN, then no way are they starting 2022. They have no place to put them while waiting to be tested, shipped, etc. What a freaking mess. Why not ship the boats and then the part for the dealer to install when they arrive. They could be getting part of the process done in the shipping.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No
I'm still waiting on my 2021 sx195 in blue. Which 195 did you look at, what color, and do you know when dealer got it?

My dealer told me a week ago that my boat wasn't included in the additional cuts announced last week and we are still waiting.

First I have heard of an additional 30% cut on top of the 10% last week and from the Yamaha letter on here.

That would make it a 40% cut to boats in two weeks.

Crazy
Not really crazy, they have to call it soon to prepare for next year. It is not that they are inept, there was shortages world wide on stuff and still is.