• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Scarab orders

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone ordered a 2021 Scarab, has your build date been delayed ? Mine has been pushed back 4 months.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
From seeing others buying boats in general. Yes, MANY are experiencing such delays. The ones that have one coming early are because those dealers had pre-emptively ordered some popular models that would most likely sell immediately. From what I understand, Scarab is delayed like a year or more in many cases. But I think this is applying to many brands right now. COVID has caused a huge uptick in recreational activities.

SoundsGood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
When was your order placed? What was your original build date? When did you learn of the delay?

My dealer placed the purchase order for mine last August, I put my deposit down in early October and I have a mid/late June build but I haven't been told of any delays.

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put my deposit down first week of November, dealer said he would change one of his build slots for mine which was supposed to be built in March. Now they are saying end of June build date:mad:

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and finally got the go ahead. The delay wasn’t Scarab it was BRB in the engine I wanted. Once that got the go ahead I was told first week of May for delivery! Pumped now can’t wait.

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Which engine ?

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cool me too, Who did you order your boat from ?

rpm242LS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just put $ down on a 285, waiting to see the build date...

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Just put $ down on a 285, waiting to see the build date...
That’s the big boy! Congrats... Would like to see some pics. Up here in the north I’m told first week of May. Fingers crossed with stupid COVID crap!

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just backed out of my Scarab order, Dealer told me that the boat wouldn't arrive until August. Not willing to buy a boat so it can sit all winter.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Just backed out of my Scarab order, Dealer told me that the boat wouldn't arrive until August. Not willing to buy a boat so it can sit all winter.
That’s brutal. I was going back and forth with my dealer on waiting for the availability on the 300’s from BRP. I was asked if I would be willing to wait on later delivery date. I said yes. In my mind I didn’t want to go another year with no boating. Well after waiting, the dealer was able to get the 300’s, cool touch seats etc and best of all too my delivery date is going to be first week of May. Holdong my breath it doesn’t change! Sucks for you man. Hopefully you find something else to get you on the water.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Noticed you have Yammie in your details now. Did you land one of those?

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a deposit on a 255 fsh sport e, not holding my breath on this one either.

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Leon. I may be looking to sell my Twin 300 255 WAKE Edition .. It has I think 140 hours on it - has been an awesome boat. 62 mph. Incredible gas mileage.. I can ( and have ) go 180 miles @31 mph with 5 people in boat and still have 15% gas left in boat when done.. That is insane.. Incredible stereo, very comfortable boat. The 300 engines make all the difference - very smooth and efficient. Let me know if interested.
Chris 407 718 4002

Attachments

Bschraub7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Has anyone ordered a 2021 Scarab, has your build date been delayed ? Mine has been pushed back 4 months.
I purchased a pre order beginning of March and the boat just arrived at the dealership this last Friday. They said I can take delivery May 22nd!!! 255 Wake Edition Cool touch interior
Twin 300s Touchscreen console!!!
Can hardly wait to get my hands on it!!!

Attachments

guppydriver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I purchased a pre order beginning of March and the boat just arrived at the dealership this last Friday. They said I can take delivery May 22nd!!! 255 Wake Edition Cool touch interior
It's at the dealership and you can't have it until May 22? That's just cruel.

Bschraub7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I agree!!! Apparently they are backed up on prep work. It’s fine, we need to get the dock put in and my lift installed, so I will be busy with that the next few weeks. We are in northern Michigan so boating season doesn’t really start till Memorial Day!

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Congrats on getting that bad boy. Pretty sweet upgrades too. I ordered the cool touch seats as well. Im supposed to take delivery on mine first week of May. Still haven’t heard anything from dealer. Well when you get it take a pile of pics. Congrats again. Come on warmer weather.