• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 SX210 OTD price?

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking at buying an SX210 in the fall or winter. Since everyone is out of 2020’s, I’ll be waiting (not going to pre-order). I’d like to be at 40k or under out the door on an SX210. Is this reasonable? Willing to pay a little more, but this is just where I’d like to be at, I’ll be buying in th off season, so maybe that will help?

AncientCanoe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
MSRP on a 2020 is 43k, so I assume 2021 will be a little bit more. Getting OTD under 40k would be a great deal. Getting a great deal is going to depend on your local market and dealer. Buying in the offseason is the better play but the great deals in this offseason would more likely be on the leftover 2020 models (which there are none) not the brand new 2021 models. That being said I have no clue what dealers plans are and I would have never predicted this run on boats that's going on.

The best play if you can wait is probably to pick up a slightly used boat in a couple of years when everyone that ran out and bought a boat on a whim realizes it's not for them.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
46,800 and was told i'm 11th on the waiting list. not sure on colors or timing. This was a minnesota dealer...

lol demand came back fast, but yamaha production was down. so short supply...

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the input, I’ll probably hold out and see what pricing is like over the winter. I’m not sure an sx210 is worth mid to high 40’s.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt you can do a 2021 SX210 under 40k out the door when they release the 2021's... But..... If there are a surplus of like new used 2019 and 2020's that hit the market in the Fall, Winter and Spring as could be the case as people realize what boat ownership truly means, it could mean that there will be a lot of nice used like new low hour boats available at great prices. It could cause Yamaha to offer some serious consumer friendly programs and discounts if they aren't moving new boats in the spring.

It is a roll of the dice, just a guess. But it wouldn't hurt to wait it out. You can't lose by being in a holding pattern. I believe prices will be high when they come out the gate to scrape off the consumers willing to pay that, but it could very possibly decline as time moves on.

To be honest, I got a fantastic deal on my 2020 AR210 substantially under MSRP. But this was right before the rush hit. If there is a flood of 2020 used boats hitting the market driving prices down next spring I may strongly consider upgrading to an AR240 or if a 24' FSH gets released. Even if I take a pinch on my boat as long as I make up the difference in a good price on a like new used boat I would do it.

I live in Michigan so my season is only a couple more months or so longer, plus another month after that for some off shore salmon fishing in Lake Michigan....... FYI Still looking for a fishing buddy :) Then I plan on seeing what comes up. I have a funny feeling I will be upgrading.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the input, I’ll probably hold out and see what pricing is like over the winter. I’m not sure an sx210 is worth mid to high 40’s.
We are in the exact same boat. *pun fully intended*

When I was at the boat show, off the cuff quote was 42k.

saw leftover 2019's a month later at $39k started to jump. did some home repairs then went back to the ads.... unfortunately they were already gone but someone had forgotten to take them down lol. The demand skyrocketed.

The salesman at River Valley up MN was super helpful and detailed, but nothing he could do about it. They were 150 units behind their usual inventory... all brands not just yamaha.

We've since started looking at I/O's as well but its very tough this time of year, nevermind the pandemic.... I'm sure Ill find something in the fall.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are in the exact same boat. *pun fully intended*

When I was at the boat show, off the cuff quote was 42k.

saw leftover 2019's a month later at $39k started to jump. did some home repairs then went back to the ads.... unfortunately they were already gone but someone had forgotten to take them down lol. The demand skyrocketed.

The salesman at River Valley up MN was super helpful and detailed, but nothing he could do about it. They were 150 units behind their usual inventory... all brands not just yamaha.

We've since started looking at I/O's as well but its very tough this time of year, nevermind the pandemic.... I'm sure Ill find something in the fall.
I’ve also been looking at some I/O’s. Right now the Chaparral 21ssi. I don’t expect these inflated prices to last in to the winter, especially when demand cools off and people realize the cost of boat ownership and they want cash in the winter.

I don’t buy in to the what I’m hearing from dealers about x% increase for the 2021 model. Unless a full shift occurs in the entire boating industry that would increase boat prices x%, Yamaha can’t move up much further in order stay competitive. They will price themselves out of the market if they move alone.

I think a lot of people will be under water on their purchases paying msrp right now. Boats depreciate incredibly fast! When the bottom of this falls out, I won’t be surprised if prices are at all time lows.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also would like to add, I think many people are buying boats right now that have no business making such a purchase. As soon as something comes up, the boat will be the first to go.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also would like to add, I think many people are buying boats right now that have no business making such a purchase. As soon as something comes up, the boat will be the first to go.
thats every summer, the boat sales industry and mechanics depend on it lol i towed a guy the other day to the dock...only to find his kill switch was on.... LOL! yeah.... Boating is fun, but maybe try another hobby bud...

I’ve also been looking at some I/O’s. Right now the Chaparral 21ssi. I don’t expect these inflated prices to last in to the winter, especially when demand cools off and people realize the cost of boat ownership and they want cash in the winter.

I don’t buy in to the what I’m hearing from dealers about x% increase for the 2021 model. Unless a full shift occurs in the entire boating industry that would increase boat prices x%, Yamaha can’t move up much further in order stay competitive. They will price themselves out of the market if they move alone.

I think a lot of people will be under water on their purchases paying msrp right now. Boats depreciate incredibly fast! When the bottom of this falls out, I won’t be surprised if prices are at all time lows.

truth... Im in no hurry. Have a good boat, just getting tight with two teenage boys....

also lookin at jet skis...just to add to the boat. lol