• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 SX 195 Fishfinder / Chartplotter Ideas

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I apologize in advance for the long post, just trying to gather the most info in one shot.

I have seen a significant amount of GPS/Chart plotter combo discussions on what everyone has and or likes/dislikes. I assume I am like everyone else on this site when it comes to adding and/or mounting additional equipment, I like it to look as nice as I can, and not one of those "weekend worriers" as I like to call them where its just a throw and go situation.

The dashboard on my boat is relatively small and where the Connext screen is placed it limits the size of the unit I can mount before I start covering or overlapping items. I have seen several posts where larger units have been mounted on RAM mounts, but they are on larger Yamaha boats. Before I go through a giant dash remodel and start relocating the Connext screen, does anyone have photos or information on units they have put on a new generation SX, or AR model?

As I am not looking so much for the fish finder, I would like to have it for piece of mind when not in my familiar boating area.

This is what I am looking for:

• Chartplotter with easy use to quickly add way points (marinas, restaurants, boat ramps)
  • Contour of the bottom
  • Fish finder does not need to have side imaging, but is a nice perk
  • Color screens seem to be a common thing these days, not like the old Lowrance LMS 350A we had on our charter boat years ago growing up
I have been looking at the Lowrance Reveal Hook 7 with a RAM mount as I think this may be a good option, but several sites give different ratings and may/may not come with the map / chart plotter / contour I am looking for. With suggestions on the forum, I would like to try and narrow down some options before going to some marine stores and playing with some display models.

Below is a stock photo of the dashboard layout on my boat, I would mount the unit to the right of the Connext screen removing the phone holder (as I like to be disconnected from the real world when on the boat).

1660046533084.png

Any help is ALWAYS and GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gave up my cup holder and mounted a black piece of starboard there with a full RAM mount. I did it in a way that when I sell the boat then I can remove the mounting block and then return it to stock. Swivels out of the way to the front up high or down low in front. Passengers can see it as well. Just a thought.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t have experience with brands other than Humminbird. They make some smaller units that may fit on the available dash space… https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/fish-finders/helix/helix-5-chirp-di-gps-g3?_ga=2.225485274.1921181762.1660048359-27935765.1660048359&jo-page=2

You can get a lake master sd chip of your area / lakes that provides a lot of detail. If you’re going to a different area you can get a mapping sd chip for that area and have the same level of detail. One thing I like about my Solix is that on the chart you can set the lake off set which compensates for different water levels of the lake.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks everyone
I also came across this Simrad unit. I think this might be everything I need. 7", GPS/chart plotter/fish finder, easy to use (based on YouTube) and the price is reasonable. From what I gather, the transducer can be mounted through hull too. Has anyone had experience with Simrad products in the past? Everything I have used is Lowrance or Garmin, but that was old technology, sometime going back to the paper graphs o_O

xtreme96gs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been researching this quite a bit for my ar195 as well.. same dash setup as you. Seems like a Simrad go5 fits in the dash nicely, and a go7 or a few of the other brands in a 7” can fit with a little work or relocating

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I ended up going with the Garmin Striker Vivid 7SV. I like the Active Captain feature on my phone. I can add waypoints, create routes and then export it straight to the unit. Plus it has traditional, chirp and side view fish finder.
63D19F99-359B-4B1E-A1CC-426ECF5C0EC8.jpegD7EF0499-88FD-44F9-9C58-95D4E9B4B775.jpeg

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our Dash Board Real Estate is super small and if you have to have VHF radio it gets smaller. Mounted mine on the dash face.

Garmin Head Unit on Dash.jpg

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Humminbird unit mounted with Ram Mounts on my AR190.
B5A5EB88-D2D9-4AC8-B7CD-EBD7B4E7C7F4.jpeg0979061B-4FD1-4C82-A359-56576273E059.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I ordered the Ram Mount but was able to just mount my Garmin mount on my dash. It swivels up and down and rotates around. Worked for what I needed. Saved me $45 by not needing the Ram Mount. I took off the factory phone holder and reamed a hole behind it and fished the wires through that then re installed the phone holder.