• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yahama 195s....Deposit

William H

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just joined today....

First Post.......Just sent my deposit in for a 2022 Yamaha 195s (Warm Interior) To my surprise the dealer said he will be sending my order on Monday.

The deposit transaction took a little longer than expected because they had to get 2022 order instructions from Yahama.

Could my 195s be one of the first Pre-orders?

Currently own 2016 Yahama VX Cruiser.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome! It will be interesting to see how long you will have to wait to get the boat. I have read some got theirs right away and others have been waiting for a long time.

I have a 195 with wakeboard booster kit. We ski, surf, and wakeboard. Love the boat. Wished we would have done the 212X after knowing what I know now about how the boat handles and such. Plus it seems like we have 2 families in the boat all the time. One thing is that the 195 feels big and I never feel cramped even with 10 people in the boat.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome! It will be interesting to see how long you will have to wait to get the boat. I have read some got theirs right away and others have been waiting for a long time.

I have a 195 with wakeboard booster kit. We ski, surf, and wakeboard. Love the boat. Wished we would have done the 212X after knowing what I know now about how the boat handles and such. Plus it seems like we have 2 families in the boat all the time. One thing is that the 195 feels big and I never feel cramped even with 10 people in the boat.
What!!!!? 10 people in a 195 doesn't feel cramped, must be mostly children or midgets....lol

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
10 is easy. combo of adults and kids. 4 adults on the back swim platform (I guess can be illegal in some states) and then 3-4 kids in the bow...makes it pretty easy and doesn't feel cramped at all. works good for surfing anyways.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
10 is easy. combo of adults and kids. 4 adults on the back swim platform (I guess can be illegal in some states) and then 3-4 kids in the bow...makes it pretty easy and doesn't feel cramped at all. works good for surfing anyways.
Well ya if 4 people are on the swim platform then of course you could fit 10. Not legal in many states though (but neither is 10 people on a 19 foot...lol)

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hoping my 2021 195s deposit doesn't become a 2022. Almost 7 months and counting.

nbreidel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just joined today....

First Post.......Just sent my deposit in for a 2022 Yamaha 195s (Warm Interior) To my surprise the dealer said he will be sending my order on Monday.

The deposit transaction took a little longer than expected because they had to get 2022 order instructions from Yahama.

I got on the list in February and was 4th in line at my dealership for a 2022 then.

sillysocks34

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Our dealer said we are 27th on the list for a 252SD :(
Here's to hitting the water in 2023!

Svannorman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just joined today....

Hi,
I'm surprised they can say 'Warm Interior ' I didn't think that anyone know what to expect for 2022 untail Aug? did your dealer give you info on 2022 models?

Mobery

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi,
I'm surprised they can say 'Warm Interior ' I didn't think that anyone know what to expect for 2022 untail Aug? did your dealer give you info on 2022 models?
Just reserved mine as well. Dealer here says they won't know colors until July sometime and then they are hoping to start receiving orders late July early August.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You do know that putting anyone on the swim platform while underway is one of the most unsafe things you can do? The Carbon Monoxide back there is deadly. People get sick and die more often than you think. Not sure getting extra people on board or a good wave is worth it.

It is a USCG Requirement to not ride there either, here is some good info.

Last edited:

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well aware HangOutdoors. We don't have people back there often or for long periods of time. Usually I have the ballast bags on the back.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Skierdad by your earlier comment that was not evident that you are "Well aware". Also with a lot of new boaters on this board, it is important to point out the dangers of CO poisoning, especially with respect to our swim platforms. It also builds up in the body and doesn't vacate quickly. The half-life of carboxyhemoglobin is approximately 5 hours. This means that for a given exposure level, it will take about 5 hours for the level of carboxyhemoglobin in the blood to drop to half its current level after the exposure is terminated. Which means multiple short sessions have a period of a long session, this is typically what causes the grave circumstances on a boat. Furthermore it isn't just the amount of time you are exposed, it is also about PPM over time, so a broad statement such as "Not long" is of no significance unless you can determine the PPM rate. A chart below for reference, that I copied.

PPM COTimeSymptoms
358 hoursMaximum exposure allowed by OSHA in the workplace over an eight hour period.
2002-3 hoursMild headache, fatigue, nausea and dizziness.
4001-2 hoursSerious headache-other symptoms intensify. Life threatening after 3 hours.
80045 minutesDizziness, nausea and convulsions. Unconscious within 2 hours. Death within 2-3 hours.
160020 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
32005-10 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
64001-2 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 25-30 minutes.
12,8001-3 minutesDeath

IMHO, there really is no safe time to be on the swim platform while the engines are running, even at greater speeds a vacuum dead spot occurs in that area where it can pool. On my boat, no one rides back there while engines are running. It is my responsibility to ensure everyone's safety. It only takes someone to be dizzy or unconscious to fall in the water and drown or hit their head, etc.

This is not to mention the long term effects of inhaling CO over a life time, I am concerned especially for kids what the future ramifications could be.

I can't even tell you how many people I see let their passengers or kids sit on the swim platform as they motor around, unfortunately that is not a wise decision. I couldn't even imagine what it would feel like to know that I had lost someone because I was taking a chance on something simple to avoid.

EDIT: One of the mods that I am wanting to do soon is a CO detector in the back of the cockpit or upper swim platform.

Last edited:

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
HangOutdoors: My family and I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for our Carbon Monoxide detectors. All 3 went off 10 years ago at 3am in our house when my furnace cracked. I am well aware of the dangers of CO. No tone here. You have made your point and your opinion very clear. Thank you for your thoughts.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Skierdad by your earlier comment that was not evident that you are "Well aware". Also with a lot of new boaters on this board, it is important to point out the dangers of CO poisoning, especially with respect to our swim platforms. It also builds up in the body and doesn't vacate quickly. The half-life of carboxyhemoglobin is approximately 5 hours. This means that for a given exposure level, it will take about 5 hours for the level of carboxyhemoglobin in the blood to drop to half its current level after the exposure is terminated. Which means multiple short sessions have a period of a long session, this is typically what causes the grave circumstances on a boat. Furthermore it isn't just the amount of time you are exposed, it is also about PPM over time, so a broad statement such as "Not long" is of no significance unless you can determine the PPM rate. A chart below for reference, that I copied.

PPM COTimeSymptoms
358 hoursMaximum exposure allowed by OSHA in the workplace over an eight hour period.
2002-3 hoursMild headache, fatigue, nausea and dizziness.
4001-2 hoursSerious headache-other symptoms intensify. Life threatening after 3 hours.
80045 minutesDizziness, nausea and convulsions. Unconscious within 2 hours. Death within 2-3 hours.
160020 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
32005-10 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
64001-2 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 25-30 minutes.
12,8001-3 minutesDeath

IMHO, there really is no safe time to be on the swim platform while the engines are running, even at greater speeds a vacuum dead spot occurs in that area where it can pool. On my boat, no one rides back there while engines are running. It is my responsibility to ensure everyone's safety. It only takes someone to be dizzy or unconscious to fall in the water and drown or hit their head, etc.

This is not to mention the long term effects of inhaling CO over a life time, I am concerned especially for kids what the future ramifications could be.

I can't even tell you how many people I see let their passengers or kids sit on the swim platform as they motor around, unfortunately that is not a wise decision. I couldn't even imagine what it would feel like to know that I had lost someone because I was taking a chance on something simple to avoid.

EDIT: One of the mods that I am wanting to do soon is a CO detector in the back of the cockpit or upper swim platform.
Great post, HangOutdoors. Thanks for all of that information. I didn’t realize that carbon monoxide could potentially be that significant on these Yamaha swim platforms.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bigwaves Thanks.

I have a funny feeling, and until I get some CO gauges/monitor that it could pool at the back of the cockpit in the right wind conditions and speed. I have seen it mentioned before. Still.... As someone else mentioned in another thread a while ago, the new window designs on the 25' footer allow air to come around and circulate a bit different. I wonder if that has anything to do with the CO. Just some musings.

Unfortunately some tragedies occur every year and could of been prevented. In other threads here there are links to some sad stories.

thapakaji

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here; put down 10% for 2022 ar195 @ River Valley Power & Sports Red Wing; counting days to hear from the dealer, which they said is sometime in July (next month) 🤗

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Same here; put down 10% for 2022 ar195 @ River Valley Power & Sports Red Wing; counting days to hear from the dealer, which they said is sometime in July (next month) 🤗
NEXT month? Delivery of a 2022 AR195 in July 2021 when there are folks with confirmed 19ft 2021 orders still waiting mid-June? This is nuts or you were told wrong by a sales starved dealership.