• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha 212X

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Just joined the forum. Used this forum along with other ones for the last few weeks to help with researching what type of new boat I wanted. Got lucky and was able to purchase a new 2022 212X. Took it home Saturday and went out Sunday for a little bit to break it in and figure out how to drive it since we’re coming from a stern drive boat. So far, this boat is awesome and got it so many looks on the way to the lake and at the lake.
Update: Received a call to remove the pictures. Mama Yamaha is watching.
Update 2: since today is supposedly the day for Yamaha’s 2022 announcement I reposted my pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congratulations on the new boat! :winkingthumbsup"

You might be the first forum member with a 2022 boat.

Jim

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome! Great looking boat, funny that according to other members dealers, the '22 model info isn't supposed to be released until Aug. 18. Thanks for the sneak preview!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's awesome! Great looking boat, funny that according to other members dealers, the '22 model info isn't supposed to be released until Aug. 18. Thanks for the sneak preview!
This is the case still, the dealers cannot post, advertise or openly talk about any info they receive other than face to face or they will break their NDA with Yamaha as a dealer. Most other years, it was just that case, it was very tight lipped right up until the dealer show. This fall and last fall have been the exception.

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Not sure where to post this, but I guess I can give people an idea on pricing assuming the percent increase is the same regardless of model. Website shows 2021 212XE msrp $64,849. The 2022 212XE msrp for me was $70,199.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
We're getting a '22 275sd shortly and we don't have pics, but we know the colors and interior and pricing. There was a price increase from the '21 we had ordered. No pics to share until after the 18th. Can't wait to see it though.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure where to post this, but I guess I can give people an idea on pricing assuming the percent increase is the same regardless of model. Website shows 2021 212XE msrp $64,849. The 2022 212XE msrp for me was $70,199.
SO roughly 8% increase.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
So, on average Yamaha has seen a 2.5% increase without a big features upgrade. When they upgraded last year to the e series the increase was a little over 4 %. This year the increase is 8% which is on par for pretty much anything manufactured right now. Even if Yamaha sticks with the same hull next year I can't believe they will lower the msrp if things settle down. But, if they do go to a redesigned hull I'm sure the 212x successor will be well into the mid 70k level if not more.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless there is something revolutionary, I will probably buy my next boat used. There are used boats and Yamaha's every where now for sale and the it is starting to drive the used prices down. Even 2021 models.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Unless there is something revolutionary, I will probably buy my next boat used. There are used boats and Yamaha's every where now for sale and the it is starting to drive the used prices down. Even 2021 models.
To be honest, I'm beginning to think the same way. While I would love a new SX210/AR210, between the shortage of new boats, high OTD prices, and maybe a model change in 2023, I'm seriously thinking of buying a 2019/2020 190/195 to use for a couple of years. Saw a 2019 AR195 on facebook yesterday for 33K, to bad I'm not ready to buy a boat.

Jim

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I like the stitching on the headrests for the 2022 models. I saw a 2022 212 at my dealer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That stitching and color change is pricey :confused:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a boat show here in 5 weeks out doors at Lake St. Clair. We are going to go and look around. Several Yamaha dealers will be there. I spoke to one and they indicated that there won't be any specials or discounts and there will be no waiving prep and destination, which he said may increase since everything is costing more. smh.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
212X for mid 70s is crazy. If you are looking at the 212X, you probably are looking to use it for wake boarding and surfing. There are way better options in this price range.
I think any new Moomba boat will make a better single purpose surf boat than a Yamaha, but they aren’t as fast, and don’t do the all around stuff nearly as well as a Yamaha. I considered one when I was shopping around, as they were just slightly more for a boat that was surf ready. Now dealers have also jacked up the prices on them, so models that were in the mid to high 80’s well equipped in 2021, are now around 100k or more at dealers, and nearly impossible to find. The gap between Yamaha, and the slightly more expensive boats has stayed the same because they all inflated their prices as well.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. Sadly I didn't see the pics before you had to take them down. Kinda crappy they made you do that, unless they told you ahead of time.

Since Yamaha is listening/watching, I'll put this here.

When is Yamaha going to make a 215XS? A new version of the 210SS from years past. I'm looking for an SX210 (no tower) with twin SVHO supercharged engines and 160mm pumps. No ballast, No electronics. No DRiVE system. No big stereo. Just a hull with two big motors. Just remove some content from a 212S, and throw the bigger motors in there. I have to think with a 212S running in the 50's that a twin SVHO setup in a 21ft boat will get into the 60's pretty easily; maybe more. Throw some '90s graphics on the side and call it a "Baja Beater" or something like that.

I think it would sell decently!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
212X for mid 70s is crazy. If you are looking at the 212X, you probably are looking to use it for wake boarding and surfing. There are way better options in this price range.
Which ones? Aside from Heyday I'm not aware of anyone that you can get under 100k OTD new, now. That is a 21'+ I can't say I've looked at anything smaller than that. ATX, Moomba, and Supreme are all well into 100k MSRP. Unless you have 0 options on it, and no trailer, which is almost damn near impossible.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just joined the forum. Used this forum along with other ones for the last few weeks to help with researching what type of new boat I wanted. Got lucky and was able to purchase a new 2022 212X. Took it home Saturday and went out Sunday for a little bit to break it in and figure out how to drive it since we’re coming from a stern drive boat. So far, this boat is awesome and got it so many looks on the way to the lake and at the lake.
I fixed the dropdown for model year and have added 2022 as an option.

Chris W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
We're getting a '22 275sd shortly and we don't have pics, but we know the colors and interior and pricing. There was a price increase from the '21 we had ordered. No pics to share until after the 18th. Can't wait to see it though.
I have a 2022 27SD on order as well. You said yours will be black on black with a stripe? What color is stripe? Thanks in advance.

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. Sadly I didn't see the pics before you had to take them down. Kinda crappy they made you do that, unless they told you ahead of time.

Since Yamaha is listening/watching, I'll put this here.

When is Yamaha going to make a 215XS? A new version of the 210SS from years past. I'm looking for an SX210 (no tower) with twin SVHO supercharged engines and 160mm pumps. No ballast, No electronics. No DRiVE system. No big stereo. Just a hull with two big motors. Just remove some content from a 212S, and throw the bigger motors in there. I have to think with a 212S running in the 50's that a twin SVHO setup in a 21ft boat will get into the 60's pretty easily; maybe more. Throw some '90s graphics on the side and call it a "Baja Beater" or something like that.

I think it would sell decently!
The sales guy said he did. I don’t remember hearing him say that, but he could have and I was too busy checking out the boat. I’ll put them back up soonish.
Auto manufacturers have done that with ok success, but it seems that they either put the price to high or not put in the big engine that people buying that want. Why not make a Yamaha speed boat. It would probably sell in certain parts of the country pretty good.