• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha 212XE water under helm areas

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Originally had an issue with water coming into the anchor locker and then draining under the front two bow seats and then under the helms where it would pool. Dealer installed a plug in place of the anchor locker hole. I was curious when I got it home about how the water drains when the anchor locker get water in it. In the pictures the red line in the anchor locker shows how far I filled it up with the garden hose. Filled it just below the piece the screws are securing (not exactly sure what the piece is for other then maybe setting the anchor rope/chain over). It then drained down 1.5 inches and then drained no more. The water went into the port side bow seat and helm (boat is on driveway and a slight slope), as seen in the pictures. I don’t see any holes and didn’t see any air bubbles. I’m at a loss. I know with the plug in and on the water it’s highly unlikely this will become an issue, but it’s still not right. Those areas on any other boat I’ve had were my dry areas. Any ideas other than the fiberglass might be porous in a specific area and that’s causing it. By the way the drain plug wasn’t leaking any water. No water leaking outside the boat.

Attachments

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I have the same year and model and have been very disappointed with this issue. A very simple fix from Yamaha could address it. Seen lots of simple fix ideas here. I think the issue is that because the inside of the anchor drain hole is not finished fibreglass, your water is seeping through the hole and wicking into the under seat storage and/or getting in between the anchor locker and the main hull (which is now plugged from the outside). In mine (not plugged), whatever does not drain back out, seemed to be making it’s way under and coming up through the drain in the ski locker. I have not yet addressed a fix but will try some of the ideas suggested in the forums.