• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

AVMogul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any ideas as to when Yamaha will start to release the 2022 boat line, colors, etc or even update their website to such info.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Seeing what is coming next and being able to get one, might be pretty dang interesting.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
August 17 is the release date I was told by Cycle Springs.
I'm hoping they're planning on starting deliveries around then as well. I'd like to get our AR250 by early October so we can break it in before taking it to Florida in the winter. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

Rvd9431

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
August 17th from my dealer as well. They'll know allocation too at the same time

Last edited:

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
August 17th is the date!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What I would expect from the Update: No changes at all, delivery’s start in 2022 and prices are up 10%

bamajer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I talked to GSPS about an hour ago, specifically about getting my deposit in on a 2022 252SD. They said they got the pricing and color info earlier today. 10% increase. Color choices are "Yacht Blue" and "Black Cherry". He said they don't have any pictures, and he didn't have anything about which interior (Cool/Warm) will be available on which color.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
August 17th from my dealer as well. They'll know allocation as well I'm told same time
Don't count the allocation. There is still issues with the supply line and they don't anticipate them being resolved to sometime in 2022, getting parts. I would assume it will be hit or miss getting a boat. There are most likely thousands on order already or darn close.
I talked to GSPS about an hour ago, specifically about getting my deposit in on a 2022 252SD. They said they got the pricing and color info earlier today. 10% increase. Color choices are "Yacht Blue" and "Black Cherry". He said they don't have any pictures, and he didn't have anything about which interior (Cool/Warm) will be available on which color.

Unless all dealers have that info it would probably be incorrect. Yamaha let's all dealers know at the same time. They are pretty religious about that. And don't want to have info flying around earlier and not to all dealers.

Last edited:

bamajer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Don't count the allocation. There is still issues with the supply line and they don't anticipate them being resolved to sometime in 2022, getting parts. I would assume it will be hit or miss getting a boat. There are most likely thousands on order already or darn close.

Unless all dealers have that info it would probably be incorrect. Yamaha let's all dealers know at the same time. They are pretty religious about that. And don't want to have info flying around earlier and not to all dealers.
I talked to another dealer just now - Fredrick's Outdoors - who also confirmed that they got pricing from Yamaha today. He was with another customer but will call me back in a few minutes. I'll post what I get from him. I suspect GSPS is jacking up their prices somewhat because of where they are. My suspicion is that the actual price increase is going to be closer to 6%.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keeping in mind, this is the announcement, not delivery or production. And the boats shown in a dealer show, when they have it, will be pre-production.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the timeframe between announcement and deliver, pre and post covid have never been the same.

bamajer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I talked to another dealer just now - Fredrick's Outdoors - who also confirmed that they got pricing from Yamaha today. He was with another customer but will call me back in a few minutes. I'll post what I get from him. I suspect GSPS is jacking up their prices somewhat because of where they are. My suspicion is that the actual price increase is going to be closer to 6%.
I confirmed that the pricing is roughly 6% higher than last year's models, and that the colors on the 252SD are Yacht Blue and Black Cherry. The sales guy did say that they have not seen any pictures of the new models, so he can't tell me how the colors are applied. He also said that the color codes on his pricing list don't indicate interior colors. :oops: My wife may divorce me after spending this on a boat, but I'm still excited!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100k out the door seems rough for these boats. Imho. Hopefully they won't be plagued with a lot of the issues we have been seeing. Time will tell how this all sorts out in the next few weeks or so.

bamajer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
100k out the door seems rough for these boats. Imho. Hopefully they won't be plagued with a lot of the issues we have been seeing. Time will tell how this all sorts out in the next few weeks or so.
It will definitely be rough to drop that money, plus the Cobras and possibly trim tabs.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
While I don't want to pay more money than I have to, a 6% increase for the 2022 model year would be reasonable, as that would bring the SX210 in around 46K.

Jim

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I confirmed that the pricing is roughly 6% higher than last year's models, and that the colors on the 252SD are Yacht Blue and Black Cherry. The sales guy did say that they have not seen any pictures of the new models, so he can't tell me how the colors are applied. He also said that the color codes on his pricing list don't indicate interior colors. :oops: My wife may divorce me after spending this on a boat, but I'm still excited!
Based on past boats (e.g. 2021 275 series that have Yacht Blue and Black Cherry boats), I guess the Yacht Blue will get the cool gray interior and the Black Cherry will get the warm brown interior.

A 6% increase would put the 252SE MSRP around $84K (from $79K) and the 252SD MSRP around $88K (from $83K). Expensive, but not totally unexpected. A 10%+ jump on these higher priced boats (e.g. 25 and 27 footers) will be a tough pill to swallow. May be able to get away with it in the 19 footers.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I don't want to pay more money than I have to, a 6% increase for the 2022 model year would be reasonable, as that would bring the SX210 in around 46K.

Jim
Don't forget shipping and dealer prep, etc. I don't see those going away much, so the OTD price on an SX210 would be circa $51k-52k. More for an AR210, which seems high for those boats. I wouldn't pay $54k OTD for my AR210, TBH. Unless they throw in the 1.8's. Someday realism needs to set in.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A SX210 should be a little bit cheaper in Delaware, as there is no sales tax on boats, and registration is $60 a year. We do pay 4.25% document tax (sales tax) on the trailer and $40 a year registration.

If I can't stay under 50K, I'll probably look for something lightly used. While I would love to have a boat for next Summer, if I need to sit out next Summer and wait until next September, that's probably okay, as I'll likely save all my 2022 vacation days and cash them out and retire at the end of August. Once retired, we can always head south to use the boat!

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jim_in_Delaware I wasn't trying to discourage you, but giving my own personal opinion about the boat, it's features and what I felt personally.