• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 AR 250: Clamping intake hose for in-water flushing (or towing)

vikingknut

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed that the amount of space available to clamp the intake hose for in-water flushing or when getting towed is pretty small. Seem like maybe an inch. Has anyone had any trouble clamping the intake hose? Are there any tricks I should be aware of?

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
could anyone post a pick so i know what needs to be clamped?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The easiest way to find the spot is to follow your hose flush ports. Those are (normally) red hoses inside the boat. Follow from the flush point on the back into the engine compartment. The flush point will come into a "branch" of a plastic Y connector. The other hose coming into that branch is the hose coming from the jet pump.

You can either clamp before the Y on the jet pump line, or most likely, clamp immediately after the Y.