• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Scarab 215

drmorley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I just purchased a new 2023 that's pretty much loaded save for the Touch Screen Command Center. I'm trying to find the depth sounder, but thinking it might not be standard? I've toggled through the display options and there's no readout for depth.

Given the draft it's not a huge deal, but I like knowing the depth. Am I missing something?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I should be there. It is on mine (a 2019 195) and should be if yours is loaded. I can't remember which menu off-hand (boat isn't near me at the moment), but it should be, if I recall correctly, in the "Display" sub menu (like heading, speed, rpm, etc...).

Check out this video:

This is for a 165 but it should be the same.

drmorley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks, that's where I thought it should be. It's not listed when I scroll through the options. The boat is in storage for the winter and I'll play around with it again next summer. Thanks!

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks, that's where I thought it should be. It's not listed when I scroll through the options. The boat is in storage for the winter and I'll play around with it again next summer. Thanks!
Good Afternoon DR...curious on what your getting on top end on your 215? What engine package do you have?

drmorley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I've hit 51mph, but the engines were still in the break-in period when I had to put it away for the winter. I've got the twin 300hp engine package.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just purchased a new 2023 that's pretty much loaded save for the Touch Screen Command Center. I'm trying to find the depth sounder, but thinking it might not be standard? I've toggled through the display options and there's no readout for depth.
:Welcome: Nice colour choice.
According to their website, depth is standard. Did you check it on the trailer? Maybe it doesn't work out of water - on my Yamaha the depth just flashes a blank screen out of the water.
Given the draft it's not a huge deal, but I like knowing the depth. Am I missing something?
Don't forget that draft rating is with the engines off. Once the engines are running they're like a pair of vacuum cleaner intake nozzles and can suck up sand, rocks, and garbage debris from the bottom. It's recommended to operate jetboats in no less than 3 ft of water. From the owner's manual:

Although the boat requires only 30 cm (1 ft)
of water to float, the engine should be started
with at least 90 cm (3 ft) of water below the
hull. If the depth of water is less than 90cm (3
ft) and the engines are running, the impeller
is turning and debris can be drawn from the
bottom and damage the propulsion system.

I've hit 51mph, but the engines were still in the break-in period when I had to put it away for the winter. I've got the twin 300hp engine package.
With that engine package, you can expect to hit 60+ mph after break-in.

drmorley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
The draft of the boat is fine and thank you for the reminder about the motors being giant vacuums. We've got a couple of BRP jet skis are know what can go wrong when you're in skinny water with debris. ;)

Looking forward to breaking the engines in this summer. Top speed isn't a priority, but the low end torque for pulling skiers is. That said when the lakes are glass the boat handles like it's on rails and is a blast to whip around.