• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 sx190 order

Mantooth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello
Closing in on our first boat purchase after considering a lot of options and trying to fit the largest boat in our 20x20 garage. We finally landed on the 190 as the the best all round boat for our needs and wants. The dealer of course are all sold out of the 22s but he offered to take a deposit on a 23 soon when the pricing comes out in august. Does anyone have a good feeling on price increases for the 23s based on precious years? I realize things are a little unusual with the inflation but hopefully prices hold somewhat steady.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello
Closing in on our first boat purchase after considering a lot of options and trying to fit the largest boat in our 20x20 garage. We finally landed on the 190 as the the best all round boat for our needs and wants. The dealer of course are all sold out of the 22s but he offered to take a deposit on a 23 soon when the pricing comes out in august. Does anyone have a good feeling on price increases for the 23s based on precious years? I realize things are a little unusual with the inflation but hopefully prices hold somewhat steady.
Keep in mind that this is simple internet fodder... That being said, I found where Beacon Light Marina is touting $35,800.00 in reference to their 2023 pre-order, LINK. Don't know if that's fact or an educated guess on their part. Either way, it's a starting point. The 2022's are listed at $33,199.00.

Hope that helps.

:)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would expect a 10% increase over 2022. If it’s less then awesome lol

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just put down my payment for a 2022 SX190 and I probably over paid - it ended up being almost 44k … but i paid quick cause I got the feeling there is no stock and no one seeing them for months i got lucky finding one now… but also Im not really a haggler - and am bad at getting deals so I dont even try…

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just put down my payment for a 2022 SX190 and I probably over paid - it ended up being almost 44k … but i paid quick cause I got the feeling there is no stock and no one seeing them for months i got lucky finding one now… but also Im not really a haggler - and am bad at getting deals so I dont even try…
Ouch! Must have been some heavy dealer prep fees with that - and I'm assuming tax, title and registration included in that price as well?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ouch! Must have been some heavy dealer prep fees with that - and I'm assuming tax, title and registration included in that price as well?
...and a lube fee.

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea thats everything … taxes and all.. and yea i was thinking that the price was already too high when I calculated it myself - the only thing they changed on the standard kit was replace the trailer with the galvanized one they said its better for salt water… so then I looked up the price and stil found that their price was higher than I could figure… in any case - I assumed they must be doing that because theres not many left and people are snapping them up… and I didnt want to lose this summer… i value the time over that extra money… that was my deciding factor.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that is close to 40% over MSRP OTD. For that money you could buy a really nice used 19' or 21' with some money left over and all broken in and the quality issues ironed out. With a lot of mods and upgrades on it. By the time you mod some things you will be cruising close to $50k.

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow that is close to 40% over MSRP OTD. For that money you could buy a really nice used 19' or 21' with some money left over. With a lot of mods and upgrades on it. By the time you mod some things you will be cruising close to $50k.
They told me the price was above MSRP already with the galvanized trailer as an add on…. So starting from that - they added up taxes and all the other… yes Im sure I got a bad price… im also sure I get bad price at the gas pump… but again - I didn’t see any other boats available and I looked at most dealers around the state… so I assume tossing an order for a 2023 would have meant no boating this summer and maybe seeing it next year… ? And yea.. I hear you I wish I could have had a better deal but the dealer appeared to not care about incentive for me - looks like they dont need to…

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Truth be told, though, it is only a 'bad' price if you regret paying that for what you got and when you got it. If the premium you paid gets you a boat when you wanted it (rather than waiting a year) and the boat you wanted (rather than one you settled for because it was less), and you are happy, then what we call that is 'supply and demand' and you get to go boating happy.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Tbarbe I would suggest you Look at used, they are popping up all over. Really nice boats out there. Some listed here already. Hopefully you are getting the size boat and understand what it will do in salt water you mentioned and the speed. Overpaying for something by that amount and not being happy with it wouldn't make you happy.

If you it fits your use case and the water and activities you are going to do, then getting it now is a good thing.

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Truth be told, though, it is only a 'bad' price if you regret paying that for what you got and when you got it. If the premium you paid gets you a boat when you wanted it (rather than waiting a year) and the boat you wanted (rather than one you settled for because it was less), and you are happy, then what we call that is 'supply and demand' and you get to go boating happy.
Yea my goal was family happy… I know its not the best deal but I didn’t have the expertise in knowing what the boat should cost.. or the market… i just saw market appeared already choked with too much demand… and I didnt want a used boat in case it has issues - i needed some knowing that it was safe for the first year at least… I know I overpaid.. but again I would be waiting if I didn’t … no boats near me of that model… and nothing even in models above it… Im just trying to the get the family on the water before the summer is totally gone.. im sure they will all be happy and Ill be ok with the cost for now…

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tbarbe I would suggest you Look at used, they are popping up all over. Really nice boats out there. Some listed here already. Hopefully you are getting the size boat and understand what it will do in salt water you mentioned and the speed. Overpaying for something by that amount and not being happy with it wouldn't make you happy.

If you it fits your use case and the water and activities you are going to do, then getting it now is a good thing.
I hear you for sure… I already pulled the trigger - i was a split second choice.. Im on the coaster now. I accepted the fact that it was not greatest or possibly ‘smartest’ deal… but its a deal done quick.

Mantooth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea my goal was family happy… I know its not the best deal but I didn’t have the expertise in knowing what the boat should cost.. or the market… i just saw market appeared already choked with too much demand… and I didnt want a used boat in case it has issues - i needed some knowing that it was safe for the first year at least… I know I overpaid.. but again I would be waiting if I didn’t … no boats near me of that model… and nothing even in models above it… Im just trying to the get the family on the water before the summer is totally gone.. im sure they will all be happy and Ill be ok with the cost for now…
Hey at least you got a boat! And you and your family are having fun! That’s what matters!

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey at least you got a boat! And you and your family are having fun! That’s what matters!
That was my goal.. and I know it seems like a i wasted some money… i felt I didn’t have much bargain power from the way the salesman was acting.. he seemed not give a fluff I took it or left it… honestly he seemed bored to even see us looking at a tiny boat… there were way bigger expensive boats to make money off and I felt like a guy who is just bugging him… sadly. But nonetheless -goal is family happy… :) Im happy so far. Lets hope they get me the boat quick… they told me 3-4 weeks of prep time.. Im like for what?? He said there’s no battery etc.. hmm. Ok.. I assume theres a line of others ahead of me clogging their lines.. dunno. But I got the deposit in and Im holding the check ready to pay the rest and hopefully that means soon.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That was my goal.. and I know it seems like a i wasted some money… i felt I didn’t have much bargain power from the way the salesman was acting.. he seemed not give a fluff I took it or left it… honestly he seemed bored to even see us looking at a tiny boat… there were way bigger expensive boats to make money off and I felt like a guy who is just bugging him… sadly. But nonetheless -goal is family happy… :) Im happy so far. Lets hope they get me the boat quick… they told me 3-4 weeks of prep time.. Im like for what?? He said there’s no battery etc.. hmm. Ok.. I assume theres a line of others ahead of me clogging their lines.. dunno. But I got the deposit in and Im holding the check ready to pay the rest and hopefully that means soon.
What dealer did you go to that gave you a 3-4 week lead time for dealer prep? Mine was ready 2 days after delivery to the dealer, I dont think there is really that much to go over.

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What dealer did you go to that gave you a 3-4 week lead time for dealer prep? Mine was ready 2 days after delivery to the dealer, I dont think there is really that much to go over.
Yea they turned it around faster after I pushed a bit… I think actually they just had a lot of other boats ahead in the line at their service flow… and they are just slow.