• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

203 Vortex steering nozzle bolts

Bushmi11s

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I had installed a jet boat pilot thrust vector on my 203 Vortex VRX a month or so ago. The top 13mm bolt came loose and fell to its water grave so now my steering Nozzle is loose. The bottom is still bolted in thank God. I know it’s a 13mm bolt but does anyone know the thread pitch by any chance?

jomo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
did you ever find this out? I installed my thrust vector last month but didnt have to remove the nozzle bolt. The plate that goes under was able to slide under it without loosening bolt/nut. Definitely improved steering. Did you recognize if the sides of the thrust vector touched the reverse gates when turning completely one way or the other? Mine did so they advised me to cut off part of the plastic edge where the spring is that holds the fins down.