• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

21’ wakebooster availability?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So dealer has been telling me that Yamaha has only sent out the 24’ wakebooster so far to them and no sign of the 21’ version yet. Anyone get a 21’ wakebooster package delivered yet?

gmb501

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did not realize there were separate kits for the 21' and 24' boats. I have been looking at getting one for my AR210.

I had talked to a salesman at the boat show back in February about bringing my boat to the shop and seeing if it fit before I bought the kit. I'll have to ask the next time I am in the dealership.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Brian eilrich got his a couple weeks ago only to have the dealer call him and tell him they were incorrect and sent him a wake booster for the 24' boats. I don't think he has received the 21' one yet. We looked at it closely and can't imagine what will be different between the two.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am beginning to wonder if the dealers even know if there is a difference. This is the first I have heard there might be a difference. The dealer I bought mine from definitely didn't ask me what size boat I was putting it on.

Stacey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just picked up my boat today and the dealer had no idea when the Wake booster was coming in. I ordered mine when I bought my boat in January.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don't get it. What could possibly be the hold up on a product they introduced last fall that was suppose to release in December. Not like it is a super computer or something. A good fabricator could whip it out in a matter of hours, let alone a manufacturing plant. Just doesn't make any sense.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think it is a Yamaha conspiracy. They wanted to introduce it- let us reverse engineer it, improve it and get it dialed in -and then sell it with the corrections that we did the research and development on.

Edit on 7 May 2019- After surfing on the Wake Booster I have to admit I was wrong. Yamaha has done a good job developing this. It works well.

Last edited:

Lantz73

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received my wakebooster for my 2019 212 Limited today. To bad it came in on the same day I am dropping my boat off for the 10 hour oil change so I can't test it out yet. Hopefully next weekend if it does not rain.

Turp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So dealer has been telling me that Yamaha has only sent out the 24’ wakebooster so far to them and no sign of the 21’ version yet. Anyone get a 21’ wakebooster package delivered yet?
I too had no idea there was a difference between 24' and 21' boats. dealers in my area tell me months b4 I can get one?? I don't get it? I have seen enough pics of it to see it is very basic. I have a 2018 212X. I also own a manufacturing company. Do a lot engine components and chassis components for OEM production powersports companies. I think I am going to make one for myself. Powder coat the whole 9 yards. I feel as if I should make quite a few from how hard it seems to be to get one??

Tdavcat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I too had no idea there was a difference between 24' and 21' boats. dealers in my area tell me months b4 I can get one?? I don't get it? I have seen enough pics of it to see it is very basic. I have a 2018 212X. I also own a manufacturing company. Do a lot engine components and chassis components for OEM production powersports companies. I think I am going to make one for myself. Powder coat the whole 9 yards. I feel as if I should make quite a few from how hard it seems to be to get one??
The wake booster is available at Yamaha Canada. They call it the wake enhancer $1500. There must be some legal infringement here in the states.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Local dealer just told me Yamaha bumped out the delivery date of the 21' wakebooster package again on them - this time to 6/6. WTH :mad:

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Local dealer just told me Yamaha bumped out the delivery date of the 21' wakebooster package again on them - this time to 6/6. WTH :mad:
And it will get bumped out again more than likely.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Dealer finally got 21’ wakebooster packages in. He said all of them are long ago spoke for and he has a long list and gets calls every day wondering if they can get more which they can’t currently. Glad I put my name in back in December. Including tax came to $1081.24. We planned on getting a new board anyway this year so the package price works for me.

bergmath

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dealer finally got 21’ wakebooster packages in. He said all of them are long ago spoke for and he has a long list and gets calls every day wondering if they can get more which they can’t currently. Glad I put my name in back in December. Including tax came to $1081.24. We planned on getting a new board anyway this year so the package price works for me.

View attachment 96008
Do you know what the little metal bracket is for? My package came with it (like in your picture) but no clue what it is for

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Do you know what the little metal bracket is for? My package came with it (like in your picture) but no clue what it is for
It’s a shield to install over the scupper outlet to keep water from being forced back up the deck drain. It’s in the instruction pamphlet that comes with the package.

Philippe

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got mine 3 weeks ago.
Got a lot of vibrations in the throttle lever.
The levers push back.
I tried to fine tune the levers( screws adjudtment in the botom of the throttle handle) without effect.

Did someone know how i can solve my problem?

P.s. I have a 2018 212X

dnj3483

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you'er still looking I've found a couple of them on ebay

dnj3483

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It’s a shield to install over the scupper outlet to keep water from being forced back up the deck drain. It’s in the instruction pamphlet that comes with the

dnj3483

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
[QUOTE="dnj3483, post: 390406, member: It goes on the starboard side. It's kind of hard To see. you got to get behind and underneath the boat to see it.