• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

21 ft transom ballast

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m curious how others on the forum secure the 21’ custom fatsac transom ballast on their boats. We have a 2019 212x. I followed the suggestions from the @jcyamaharider video. Seems like that might work better on the 24’ models or maybe older models. On our boat, we are having problems with the ballast tipping to the side. I was going to try securing to the tower the next time we go out. Anybody else have that experience or other suggestions for lateral stability?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How full do you have the bag. It need to be tight to the point of swelling the bag a little bit.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How full do you have the bag. It need to be tight to the point of swelling the bag a little bit.
we’ve been filling until a little bit after water starts coming out of the air vent hole. It seems full, but not to the point of swelling. should we be closing the air vent and letting the pressure build at the end? Anybody ever burst their bag doing that or is that not actually a concern?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
we’ve been filling until a little bit after water starts coming out of the air vent hole. It seems full, but not to the point of swelling. should we be closing the air vent and letting the pressure build at the end? Anybody ever burst their bag doing that or is that not actually a concern?
We always close at the end and continue filling. I have never burst a bag or have known anyone to burst one yet. Back in the day we would actually sit on the 750 bag that was on our Ar230 port cabin seat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a picture of our bag full:

Tmstrouse

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is how we do it. I use the same long rope and Danik hook that I use with my shore spike.

Rope starts at the lower tow bar, goes through the bag handles, around the tower arm, and the I clip the Danik hook to the loop in the rope end. Pull the Danik hook tight and we are set. No need to carry another extra rope.1EAD4BBE-A0A0-4E0A-A1E2-FF522BA896A9.jpeg

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice! Cool idea to use the Danik hook.