• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 Challenger SeaDek

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
After working with @JetBoatPilot to get the mats to cover the old carpet snaps I have finally got the SeaDek installed. I removed the snaps, filled with 5200 fast cure, and cut flush with a razor blade once it setup.

Nice and clean, ready for the SeaDek
20170723_121539.jpg

Test fit
20170723_122056.jpg

I didn't take any pictures during the install, had the wife help, another set of hands and eyes to line everything up really helped. Very happy with the final result, the carpet was deteriorating around the snaps and the SeaDek feels so much better.
20170723_152940.jpg

Next up is the swim platform, went and got an adhesive removal wheel this morning, pulled the mats after I finished the cockpit, and alot of adhesive stayed on the deck.

20170723_154049.jpg
20170723_154057.jpg

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great, nice work.

Please post a pic of the adhesive removal wheel.
I'm thinking of redoing some of the extensive hydro turf I installed but just thinking of the removal/prep needed makes me think otherwise.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Adhesive wheel I got locally created a mess. The wheel material that rubbed off just combined with the adhesive. Ill post a pic of the wheel later. I ordered the 3M wheel, and it was alittle better but I ended up just using Mineral Spirits. The adhesive turns to a gel, scrape it off with a plastic putty knife, and did a final clean with acetone. This was alot faster. I then hit the lines left by the edges of the pads with the 3M wheel.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You said they had to cut them to cover the holes for the snaps, does that mean the kids they have don't cover them? I am going to pull all mine out in the 210 I just bought since the carpet is junk and the sea deck looks so much better. Boat looks great! The sea deck really makes it move up in class looking

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
If you order from Jetboatpilot they should have a set that will cover the majority of the snap holes. Before you install do a test fit and if needed you can fill any holes with spectrum paste.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
If you order from Jetboatpilot they should have a set that will cover the majority of the snap holes. Before you install do a test fit and if needed you can fill any holes with spectrum paste.
Ok thanks for the info