• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 Driver Console Access Door

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I took the idea from this thread last summer
https://jetboaters.net/threads/access-hatch-for-drivers-helm-sx210-help.7179/

I bought an OEM access door for the port side. Then I measured the driver side console very carefully.
The biggest surprise was that none of the corners on the door are square. In order for the door to block the wind between the consoles when open, the door is a trapezoid shape.
I removed the door from the frame and removed all the hardware.
I plan to flip the frame upside down.
I cut the frame at the top and bottom to remove enough material to fit the driver side console.
Cut one door panel to fit new frame size.
Since this door will not need to block the wind, I left the second door panel off.
I did need to cut a 1/4" spacer from the door scrap that is screwed to the frame on the latch side. This keeps the door from closing too far.
Install hinge and latch.
Trace frame on console to mark opening. Mask area to be cut.
I used a plunge cut oscillating tool to make the cut.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-18-Volt-JobPlus-Base-with-Multi-tool-Attachment-Tool-Only-P340/202868525

Here is the result.

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MNdrifter could you tell me a little more about your install?? I have a 15 212x and would love to do that to pick up a little more storage! How much of the door did you end up cutting off? Trying to figure out how much of an opening you have into that area?

Thanks!

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MNdrifter could you tell me a little more about your install?? I have a 15 212x and would love to do that to pick up a little more storage! How much of the door did you end up cutting off? Trying to figure out how much of an opening you have into that area?

Thanks!
The door ended up being about 8.5" wide. It is tight if you are trying to reach all the way to the starboard side of the compartment. It allows easy access for life jackets, ropes and smaller items.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is awesome! Sure would have made my 3 amp install a lot quicker had I had that door there.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I took the idea from this thread last summer
https://jetboaters.net/threads/access-hatch-for-drivers-helm-sx210-help.7179/

I bought an OEM access door for the port side. Then I measured the driver side console very carefully.
The biggest surprise was that none of the corners on the door are square. In order for the door to block the wind between the consoles when open, the door is a trapezoid shape.
I removed the door from the frame and removed all the hardware.
I plan to flip the frame upside down.
I cut the frame at the top and bottom to remove enough material to fit the driver side console.
Cut one door panel to fit new frame size.
Since this door will not need to block the wind, I left the second door panel off.
I did need to cut a 1/4" spacer from the door scrap that is screwed to the frame on the latch side. This keeps the door from closing too far.
Install hinge and latch.
Trace frame on console to mark opening. Mask area to be cut.
I used a plunge cut oscillating tool to make the cut.
RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ JobPlus Base with Multi-Tool Attachment (Tool-Only)-P340 - The Home Depot

Here is the result.
Can you please put a link to where you bought that door. Thank you

dazed4u003

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Any one have a 2019 to 2021 190 or 195 with the door on the helm? I need the measurements for the outside of the frame hieght and width at the top and bottom cause the top of the door is angled. I wanna buy this door to put on my 2014 212x but need the measurements to make sure itll fit.