• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH - Jump Seat Backrests

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have any 210 owners come up with something for the missing backrests on the jump seats next to the helm? 190s have a flip up seat. 210s you just get to roll out of the back of the boat I guess?

I won't get my 210 until later this month but I am trying to look at options now so I can have it ready when the weather warms back up in March.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I was looking at 210 the other day. I currently have the 190. My passengers love the jump seats so I too was wondering about the lack of a back rest for the 210 owners. Don't floor it or they'll be swimmers, not passengers!
My first thought would be to get creative with an aftermarket motorcycle seat. Typically they are removable and you may be able to find a setup that can be mounted either horizontally or vertically.
Here's a link to something I was thinking about:

https://www.2wheel.com/kuryakyn-plug-in-driver-backrest.html?sku=419283&msclkid=d92e0c9b04811a3b6d8f56ca32a14407&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&utm_term=4579603369200981&utm_content=Seating

Or maybe this:
https://www.kimpex.com/fr-ca/produits/motoneige/sieges-et-accessoires/dossiers/dossier-ajustable-14-deluxe-a-glissiere-kimpex

I'm not sure how the base would mount but if you're good at tinkering, you may be able to fabricate something and sell it on this website!

Kayakers/canoeists also have the market for removable and collapsible backrests and seats.

My last, and maybe best idea, would be to look at seats like this:
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/wise-seating--mid-back-folding-fishing-boat-seat-white--13805189

Remove the stock seat pad and adapt the seat mount for this aftermarket seat so it can be added and removed at will. Many seats come with a mounting system and they are designed for boating.

Good luck!

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was thinking of something similar for the backrest. Maybe something that folds inward behind the helm so it is out of the way when fishing.

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just picked up my 210 Sport on Saturday and have been climbing in, out, around and under it since.

The first thing I did was stow those seats and that's probably where they'll stay.

The problem is when they are installed it's a challenge to go over them, especially aft to forward as you also have the 12" step down and the only thing available for a hand grab is the back of the leaning post/seat, which is not static.

I know exactly where I'll eventually end up (in a heap on the deck).

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I for the life of me don't understand why Yamaha didn't come up with a design like the 19 to keep those. That was a main purchasing feature in 19. Granted we don't use them very often but when we do they are a godsend.

Jclax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where did you get those? Custom fab?

Rob brock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Yes they are from cycle springs in Clearwater fl.

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I really wish they would address this issue on next year's models.

Rob brock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I’m not sure of the price. It was all bundled together with other stuff I had done. I’ll check and find out.

Rob brock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
The top is fiberglass. I’ve had it since I bought the boat so I really have nothing to compare. It is a little slower than I’ve read on reviews but not much.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The top is fiberglass. I’ve had it since I bought the boat so I really have nothing to compare. It is a little slower than I’ve read on reviews but not much.
Thanks for the response. Can you give me the information of the people that did the work for you.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
https://cyclespringsonline.com/

I've heard it's part of their Salt Series and you have to buy the boat from them to get it, sounds kind of revenue inhibited to me. What do I know, I live about as far away as you can get from them.

Rob brock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thanks for the response. Can you give me the information of the people that did the work for you.
Cycle springs in Clearwater fl has someone do it for them. I’m not sure who they had do it. You can call them and ask for Scott. I’m sure he can help with that.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello! l will be replacing the back cushion seats with this:

download.png

Will add maybe this quick release

download (1).png

ridemx73

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All I can say is wait until Yamaha completely releases the 2019 line up next week and HOPEFULLY there will be an accessory or retro fit for this issue.