• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

210 FSH, six months in...(a little picture-heavy)

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The timeline:

• 07/17/21 - Joined the best forum on the web
  • 08/18/21 - Placed an order for a boat I've never seen
  • 12/22/21 - Boat arrives at dealer (Fremac Marine, highly recommend)
  • 01/14/22 - First look at my boat, while meeting with the canvas guy
  • 01/21/22 - Picked her up and brought her home!
  • Feb/Mar - Installed CobraJet steering system and Garmin Echomap 93sv (love them both)
  • 05/01/22 - New lift delivered, installed 20' out of position
  • 05/01/22 - Water temp up to 59 degrees, warm enough to put the dock in
  • 05/07/22 - Boat launched...it floats!
  • 05/11/22 - Lift moved into position, boat fits, summer has begun
  • 05/20/22 - 10 hour oil change and service executed on the lift, pretty straightforward
  • May/June/July - exploring the Finger Lakes, Erie Canal, Seneca River, Cross Lake....
The stats:

• 649 miles
  • 237 gallons of fuel, @ $6.45/gallon
  • 19.3 mph avg
  • 53.6 hours, same on both engines
  • 52.9 mph max (HA! I must have been going down hill! I've tapped 44 a few times)
  • 2.8 mpg avg
  • 3 walleye, 1 largemouth bass, assorted perch, and a 15 lb carp caught
  • 100's of eagle and heron pictures
A few pictures:

1658410552793.jpeg

Backing it up into (not shown) and extracting back out of garage (with extra challenge of boulder in the driveway - thanks Amazon) was fun...

1658410696131.jpeg

1658410717524.jpeg

1658410742105.jpeg

just a bit outside...

1658410794435.jpeg
Need to do some more of this...

1658410847654.jpeg

1658410883487.jpeg

1658410923247.jpeg

1658410972039.jpeg

1658411002620.jpeg

Worth every penny...

how did the boat lift and dock was separated in 1 pic and together in the next one? Im assuming the dock is floating and you just pulled it in?

Dock had to go in that spot to leave room for the ramp you can’t see to the left and for another dock going in to the right. There’s a pontoon boat on the lake with a home-built giant forklift mechanism on the front. They moved the lift into position for me. Took about two minutes. I love those guys.

Those rocks in the drive would make some purdy gel coat scratches. Glad you don't have to do that every time. I get nervous enough just bringing mine through a double gate each time after seeing what the latch did to a member's boat here. great pictures though!

52.9 mph on the trailer during a tow? Beautiful boat.

Those rocks in the drive would make some purdy gel coat scratches. Glad you don't have to do that every time. I get nervous enough just bringing mine through a double gate each time after seeing what the latch did to a member's boat here. great pictures though!
I went SLOW. From now on, it will winter in the garage out back that is much easier to access!

Awesome boat! How does the center console feel size wise compared to the overall size of the boat?
I’ve seen the 19ft (too small and oddly proportioned) and I’ve seen the 255 FSH (too much).
I don’t fish but seems like a user friendly design for everything, along with a good power and price.

?

Awesome boat! How does the center console feel size wise compared to the overall size of the boat?
I’ve seen the 19ft (too small and oddly proportioned) and I’ve seen the 255 FSH (too much).
I don’t fish but seems like a user friendly design for everything, along with a good power and price.

?
I love the size and layout of the boat. For most of our outings, it's just my wife and me and our dog. Mostly we're cruising at 27mph, and the console is big enough to provide some wind protection on cooler days, or shade on sunny days, for the two of us. Good size, but still easy to move around from the back of the boat to the front. I've done a little fishing with four adults on the boat, and there's plenty of room. Biggest crowd so far was five adults and two dogs, and when we drop down to no wake speed for snacks and cocktails, there's room to move around and everyone is comfortable. And the console is big enough for a portable-potty, which means nobody suffers on a four or five hour cruise up the river.

And the handling around a dock or around other boats is great. A little practice with the two engines, and it maneuvers like a much smaller boat.

Awesome thread @Coult45 ! Couldn’t agree with you more in your assessment of the 210 FSH.

Nice I just got mine at the end of April... Love it so far same color as you and everything. Just got my 10 hour service done too.... (at 18 hours) whoops got a little carried away. Taking it out tomorrow for its first voyage since the maintenance, next mod trim tabs (on order)!

@gmac03 I don't fish either great boat size wise for taking people around and island hopping. I threw a system in it and its been great so far, pulls tubes well too!

Nice I just got mine at the end of April... Love it so far same color as you and everything. Just got my 10 hour service done too.... (at 18 hours) whoops got a little carried away. Taking it out tomorrow for its first voyage since the maintenance, next mod trim tabs (on order)!

When you get ready to put your trim tabs on I have some pointers for you and what I would do different if I installed them again, if you like.

Awesome thread @Coult45 ! Couldn’t agree with you more in your assessment of the 210 FSH.
Thanks, I'll definitely take that praise from one of the founding fathers of the 210 Brotherhood! I should have included one more section in my original post, listing all of the folks on here that I learned so much from, before and after getting the boat. And that education continues every day. I know I'll forget some important ones, but that list includes @FSH 210 Sport , @Julian , @HangOutdoors , @zipper , @Babin Farms , @tabbibus , @drewkaree , @HawaiiBreeze and a ton of others.

@gmac03 I don't fish either great boat size wise for taking people around and island hopping. I threw a system in it and its been great so far, pulls tubes well too!
It was definitely tough to take that pause for the 10 hour service...my wife (who had never really boated before) was practically standing on the dock, watching, and asking when I would be done so we could fire it up for another ride.

I'm still in the undecided camp on the trim tabs, since the need is minimal in the quiet waters we frequent...but I look forward to your assessment. I plan to get to some bigger waters eventually, so the tabs are definitely on my wish list.

When you get ready to put your trim tabs on I have some pointers for you and what I would do different if I installed them again, if you like.
if (when) I go that route too, I'll be tapping you and your posts for tips!

Hmmmm, trim tabs...."best mod to our AR230 ever" said my wife. You know the saying, "happy wife, happy life." You must have chop and wakes to contend with. That is where they work best, up to about 2', over that head on in, it won't be fun. IMHO.

Side bar: You know us, we spend other peoples money easily.

Hmmmm, trim tabs...."best mod to our AR230 ever" said my wife. You know the saying, "happy wife, happy life." You must have chop and wakes to contend with. That is where they work best, up to about 2', over that head on in, it won't be fun. IMHO.

Side bar: You know us, we spend other peoples money easily.
you're killing me. I want @HangOutdoors trim tabs, I want @FSH 210 Sport 's trolling motor and battery setup, I want..........might have to push that retirement date back.......

Awesome I would appreciate that, its a 2 week lead time right now, ordered about a week ago so hopefully 2 more weeks and I should have them!

Back