• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Sport 10 WEEKS AND 26.8 HOURS LATER....BUYER BEWARE!!

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So we have spent 8 weeks in the Florida Keys and used the new 210 FSH almost daily, did some fishing, and lots of Sandbar fun. The boat is GREAT for the Sandbar it is roomy and super comfortable, as far as fishing it's OK but we don't fish much and we knew that going in. The boat WILL not hit 7300 RPMs and will not hit 40 MPH (see photos), even on 0-1 ft. glass water with 1/3 tank of gas no gear and one rider, we start at 7200 and drop to 6500 after several minutes of riding, and the Hole Shot is non existent feels like the boat is taking off from Mud. The Auto Bilge Pump does not work, I left the boat in the water for 4 days while we visited friends, when I came back had to turn on the Pump manually and 22 minutes of water was pumped out from the bilge, it had rained for 2 days straight. The ladder, bow winch eyelet and most of the cup holders are rusting, water is intruding the bilge area from the transom (see video of test I conducted), and worst of all water is shooting out of the Starboard Motor into the bilge area (see video). Overall we love the boat, but the workmanship and QC "STINKS" everywhere you turn on this boat there is something that was not finished at the factory, lose bolts, lose clamps, incomplete or no silicone sealant. I would not recommend this boat to anyone "unless" they take the time to go thru it with a fine tooth comb before the leave the dealership to make sure everything is finished......

I DROPPED MY BOAT OFF AT THE DEALER AND TOLD THEM TO FIX IT OR KEEP IT, IT IS A DANGEROUS FLOATING VACUUM WITH A T-TOP!!!

Yamaha WOT RPM 1.jpg Yamaha WOT RPM 2.jpg Yamaha WOT RPM 3.jpg Yamaha WOT RPM 4.jpg

Last edited:

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Who did your 10hr maintenance?​

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Overall we love the boat, but the workmanship and QC "STINKS" everywhere you turn on this boat there is something that was not finished at the factory, lose bolts, lose clamps, incomplete or no silicone sealant. I would not recommend this boat to anyone "unless" they take the time to go thru it with a fine tooth comb before the leave the dealership to make sure everything is finished......
I DROPPED MY BOAT OFF AT THE DEALER AND TOLD THEM TO FIX IT OR KEEP IT, IT IS A DANGEROUS FLOATING VACUUM WITH A T-TOP!!!
Unfortunately your case is not exactly isolated... The QC issues are pretty bad.
However, no dealership can be expected to fix all the bs screwed up at the factory, and no - they will not keep it.

--

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately your case is not exactly isolated... The QC issues are pretty bad.
However, no dealership can be expected to fix all the bs screwed up at the factory, and no - they will not keep your boat.

--
Ha ha ha......try me

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me say I'm sorry to hear about your experience, It stinks that Yamaha lets these leave the factory like this,

The boat WILL not hit 7300 RPMs and will not hit 40 MPH (see photos), even on 0-1 ft. glass water with 1/3 tank of gas no gear and one rider, we start at 7200 and drop to 6500 after several minutes of riding, and the Hole Shot is non existent feels like the boat is taking off from Mud.

Did you get to demo your boat before you purchased it?
Do you know if it ever was able to make 7800 rpms or? (that's what boattest said max was)
Have you ever been able to go over 40 mph?
Has the hole shot always been like taking off from mud?

Maybe @Foobar or @Maillis can tell us what their max rpm, speed and hole shot is like?

It almost sounds like you may have impeller or cavitation issues?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Let me say I'm sorry to hear about your experience, It stinks that Yamaha lets these leave the factory like this,

Did you get to demo your boat before you purchased it?
Do you know if it ever was able to make 7800 rpms or? (that's what boattest said max was)
Have you ever been able to go over 40 mph?
Has the hole shot always been like taking off from mud?

Maybe @Foobar or @Maillis can tell us what their max rpm, speed and hole shot is like?

It almost sounds like you may have impeller or cavitation issues?

No I did not water demo the boat
No I do not know if it "Ever" made 7800 RPMs
Have NEVER seen 40 mph
The hole shot has been shit since day 1

I bought the boat just prior to leaving on vacation and all this showed its ugly face while on vacation, took it in to the dealer for the 10 hour service and at that time I only knew about the lack of power issue "they said they fixed it" obviously they did not, as a matter of fact it came back worse but I was not going to spend the rest of my vacation without a boat, so I waited till we finished and met with the service manager and went over all the pics and videos so the "hopefully" the tech that works on the boat will know where to go. We explained to the service manager that we will not pick up the boat until all the issues are finished, there is a marina across the street from the dealer so I will water test it the minute I pick it up or it will go right back to them. I am in the legal industry so I know how to be a nice PEST until things are taken care of, not to mention that I am sure Yamaha does not want to set a Lemon Precedent by not fixing these issues, a law suit does not cost me but time.

Thank you so much for your reply, I will keep everyone posted as progress is made.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like you definitely have some legitimate issues to work out. The boat does perform better than that so keep working at your issues and I bet you get them resolved in short order.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like you definitely have some legitimate issues to work out. The boat does perform better than that so keep working at your issues and I bet you get them resolved in short order.
I sure hope so, we as a family love the boat but I need it to perform correctly and safely. Thanks

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought it was just my boat that was a slug by the way people talk about 40 mph all the time. My 190FSH has additional weight but it is embarrassingly underpowered...period.
The QC issues ARE well documented here but I agree that a dealer should go over the boat before selling as they should do more than shine the boat. My first year with my boat I literally used it for about 2 weeks as it disappeared into the dealership “We are very busy” hole every time I took it in. I wish I knew about this site before I bought but....never again.
I see a Thunderjet Yukon in my future. Still a jet boat but a REAL do everything fast and forever kind of boat. I think we got what we paid for and got sucked in by the unique design. Good luck.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just waiting for Clemson to chime in. Got my popcorn and drink ready.....

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I won't be seeing any of his rediculous responses as I blocked him a while ago, the day he owns a jet boat again...then he can give his unsolicited opinion.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The chum is in the water, at least you didn't @ him,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not all dealers suck...I've been very happy with mine, and others in NC like their (different dealers). It is a shame so many are having the same issues. Yamaha reads this forum and does take note of recurring issues and takes them to the factory (doesn't help you). You are taking the correct approach, but it sucks to not have your boat in the middle of the summer.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Boattest.com has the top speed of the FSH with the TR-1 motor as 43.8, with 3 persons, 1/2 load, no water, 50 lbs. of gear....so 40 might be a typical top speed for it loaded.

Now it shouldn't be sluggish from take off. It should hit 30 in 6.4 seconds according to BT - which isn't super fast as the MR-1s, but wouldnt say its sluggish.

Did you get to test drive a boat.....did it perform differently?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Boattest.com has the top speed of the FSH with the TR-1 motor as 43.8, with 3 persons, 1/2 load, no water, 50 lbs. of gear....so 40 might be a typical top speed for it loaded.

Now it shouldn't be sluggish from take off. It should hit 30 in 6.4 seconds according to BT - which isn't super fast as the MR-1s, but wouldnt say its sluggish.

Did you get to test drive a boat.....did it perform differently?
Hey Julian, I know that you are right that all dealers don't suck, unfortunately that is the feeling you get when you are in my situation and they treat you like a number, no sensetivity at all; they kiss you butt when they are trying to sell you a unit and then since they got you, they don't care much. Just got off the phone with one of the service managers and her answer to me was I quote "Have not had a chance to look at your boat, we will "try" to get to it next week regarding all these new issues" they make me feel like it is my fault that the boat is broken. Yes it sucks that I have no boat for probably the whole month of August but live an learn I guess, Yamaha makes GREAT OB motors, probably the best in the industry, maybe their boat division should be ran by the OB division, cause their boat division is TERRIBLE.

Thanks for the response my friend, will update......hopefully before Christmas

BTW, no I never got the opportunity to test drive "the" boat.

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A Scout 21.5 XSF is on sale only 50k with trailer. The fit and finish are great. If your in salt water, it comes with a Yamaha outboard. If I had to do it again...I'd go that way. BUT
I personally know 3 people who have been cut by a outboard so,With kids taking it out it is safer. There are always trade offs in life.
I bet the Clemtiger is banging his fist in a wine induced rage on his keyboard not being able to comment on this.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A Scout 21.5 XSF is on sale only 50k with trailer. The fit and finish are great. If your in salt water, it comes with a Yamaha outboard. If I had to do it again...I'd go that way. BUT
I personally know 3 people who have been cut by a outboard so,With kids taking it out it is safer. There are always trade offs in life.
I bet the Clemtiger is banging his fist in a wine induced rage on his keyboard not being able to comment on this.
I guess he's going to have to deal with that, I get to bash my boat because I own it, if the day ever comes that I do not own a Jet Boat I will no longer bash them.

Send me a link to that Scout so I can take a peak.