• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Sport power

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm on the waiting list for a 2022 FSH 210 Sport. My question about the 210 being powerful enough to pull skiers/tubers with the top speed being only 40ish. I have a teenager & young adults for the most part that will be skiing/tubing. We will be doing more recreational boating although fishing will happen as well. Am I buying a boat with enough HP? The 255 FSH Sport E is out of my price range. TIA

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm on the waiting list for a 2022 FSH 210 Sport. My question about the 210 being powerful enough to pull skiers/tubers with the top speed being only 40ish. I have a teenager & young adults for the most part that will be skiing/tubing. We will be doing more recreational boating although fishing will happen as well. Am I buying a boat with enough HP? The 255 FSH Sport E is out of my price range. TIA
The 210 has twin TR-1’s each producing 111 hp each at sea level. Many have reported maximum speed in the mid 40’s.

With 20% fuel and two people on board I saw 44 mph on mine when I test drove it at 750’ of elevation on a cool damp morning. The rule of thumb is 3% hp loss per 1000’ of elevation for normally aspirated engines, but is usually more in real life. I operate my boat at 5000’ of elevation, with full fuel, some gear, an 85° day and just me on board I lost roughly 10 mph (23%) on top speed with the stock impellers, high altitude impellers are on the list to regain some of that altitude induced loss of performance. In fact I messaged with a member here who operates a 2020 210 FSH Sport at 4500’ and has seen 47 mph with high altitude impellers when alone, and 36-40 mph with 4-6 people on board and gear. The dealer he bought it from included high altitude impellers as part of the purchase. So if you’re going to be operating at high altitude you may find a set of high altitude impellers is in order. The same would hold true if you had an outboard or I/O and would need to run high altitude propellers.

I have not towed a tube or a skier but, even with the lower top speed at 5000’ my boat still accelerates hard out of the hole and gets up on plane 18-20 mph quickly, even with 5 adults, 6 adults if you count the weight of the trolling motor battery bank, and gear on board. I bought a couple of towables over the winter, and I think we will be trying wake boarding over the summer in addition to the towables.

I‘m very satisfied without my 210 FSH Sport!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 210 FSH at Sea Level in Panama City . Out of the hole it is quick . My only issue is top speed is maybe 42 on a good day with 4 people . No doubt it will pull tube or ski well .
Where are your guests sitting? Have you tried moving them around to see how that affects your top speed?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Moving everyone to the back will make about 1 MPH difference . I put in new impellers over the Winter to help the top speed with recommendations from Glenn at IMPROS . Not had a chance to get out on the water yet to try them out.
Right on... I have spoken with Glen a couple of times.. will be going to a set of high altitude impellers here in the near future. Hope your new impellers give you some added top speed.

TY Farm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We have had our 210 for about two weeks. Last weekend I went out by myself and opened it up. Top speed 46mph 78% fuel heading down river on falling tide (not sure if that mattered). Love how it handled in the bayous and we are overall pleased. I have plans on taking it out in gulf to see how it handles in 2-3’s in the future.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Top Speed really doesn't have anything to do with pulling skiers and tubers, since you will be doing those sports at a much, much slower speed.

Wakeboarding: 10-19 mph on average depending on adult or child.
Tubing: Adults around 20 mph safely.
Waterskiing: 16-25, in the low thirties for slalom and avg. barefooting.

If you are pulling kids, the speeds would be slower.

Even though my boat is a different model, it is also a bit heavier and I have the same engines. I can put three the in the big tube and have had up to 6 on board and pull the tube with no problem. Although gas consumption takes a bit of a hit.

plenty of pulling power for watersports, and that is what we mostly did all last summer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We have had our 210 for about two weeks. Last weekend I went out by myself and opened it up. Top speed 46mph 78% fuel heading down river on falling tide (not sure if that mattered). Love how it handled in the bayous and we are overall pleased. I have plans on taking it out in gulf to see how it handles in 2-3’s in the future.

You are cruising right along at 46 mph! Falling tide doesn’t matter as far as water speed goes. By loving how it handles in the bayous I’m assuming you like how it flows and turns?

Please let us know how you like it in 2-3’s on the gulf!

TY Farm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You are cruising right along at 46 mph! Falling tide doesn’t matter as far as water speed goes. By loving how it handles in the bayous I’m assuming you like how it flows and turns?

Please let us know how you like it in 2-3’s on the gulf!
Yes on the flow and turn. I also installed thrust vectors between the two trips and was pleasantly surprised at how much it helped with low speed steering.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes on the flow and turn. I also installed thrust vectors between the two trips and was pleasantly surprised at how much it helped with low speed steering.
Right on…. I usually go for at least one lap around the lake before I leave for the day… I love following the shoreline around the lake, super fun! Like a big ass jet ski!

Otnelico

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Moving everyone to the back will make about 1 MPH difference . I put in new impellers over the Winter to help the top speed with recommendations from Glenn at IMPROS . Not had a chance to get out on the water yet to try them out.
Did you get a chance to run it with the new impellers? Any difference?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New recommended impeller pitch was not a success . Only got to 28 mph and 5900 rpm . Went back to OEM .
How many people did you have onboard including yourself?

What rpms were you getting with the oem impellers?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
5 people , OEM impellers 7800-8000 have had 5 on board with OEM and Solas impellers .
By any chance did you try the OEM and Solas impellers with just you in the boat? I know that’s not what you’re after, just curious.

Since you are getting those kind of rpms, seems like you are really close to max performance with the oem impellers, especially with 5 people on board.

Do you have a trolling motor installed on your boat?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Solas impellers were 14/20 repitched to 12/17 by impros . The OEM was noted as 12/17 by impros . I am unable to find Yamaha posting pitch on this impeller 6EY01
In my service manual the OEM impellers are shown to be 11.2°.

Ealex79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I live in Colorado and purchased a 2021 fsh210. With 4 on the boat I'm able to pull skiers and tubes, not crazy fast on the tubes. I end up hitting about 26 mph with a full tank, drinks in the coolers.... if I keep 2 on then i get up to about 28mph.
stock impellers and nothing else done. I have not had a chance to take it to sea level but its on the list. My goal is to change the pitch of the impellers and see how it goes. Rolling the dice a little with the expense of the change. I have to remind myself why I purchased this boat and not a ski boat. It's meant for fishing with the option of some water sports. the take off when dragging a 180 lb person is a little struggle but not the part that makes it difficult. The hard part is getting up on a wake board. since there is not high anchor point, it takes more muscle to fight the drag. I don't have an issue getting up but other do. The cover over the console is straight mounted to the floor and is not designed to take the pull of a boarder.
Everyone up here loves the boat, it has alot of room for people to walk around.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same engines and I am at 574 feet above sea level where I boat, give or take. With 3 in the tube I have pulled them straight at 30 mph once, no turns, with more to give in the throttle. I don't personally like going that fast, wasn't watching. I have pulled up two wakeboarders or a 250lbs slalom skier with ease, no issue.

Your engines can do it. I would bet it is the elevation.

Are you cavitating?