• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH - The Right Boat?

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My introductory post to this forum. Thanks to all of you for such detailed information about jet boating and the FSH in general.

I live outside Richmond VA with the James River, York River, Lake Anna, Chesapeake Bay, and Atlantic Ocean all within 75 minutes. I want to use all these great waterways for fishing (60%) and fun (40%).

I am about to buy a 2020 210 FSH. I believe it to be the prefect boat for my needs, which are...
* Trailerable
* Good for rivers, lakes, bays and the near shore ocean
* Good for mix use of fishing and family and friends
* Trolling motor for fresh and salt water use
* Good in choppy, Chesapeake Bay water
* Good in skinny water for bass

This seems to be the right boat. Any reason I shouldn't pull the trigger? Any other advice?

Thanks!

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m in coastal NC and have almost the same desires...and we pulled the trigger on a new 210 FSH last week. Haven’t had it outside the inlet yet, but I firmly believe it will be a great boat for us. Handling will take some learning, but I think once I get used to it, I’ll be able to do more with it than I could with an outboard.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congrats! Agreed! Every boat has its negatives but the FSH seems to have more positive.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You can make it a “serviceable“ platform for what you’d like to do. Just go with the understanding that this is not a hardcore offshore boat. Trim tabs will help, along with knowing the limits and boat accordingly.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for reinforcing that! I'm not planning on offshore but would like near shore and in the Chesapeake Bay, while still trolling for bass in fresh water.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Bought my 210 FSH today from Cycle Springs. It is a Deluxe but am adding the Hard Top tower (even though it reduces rod storage), bow platform /table, Seadek, Lowrance 9" and trolling motor. Super excited to get it on the water in a few weeks.

The pic isn't me (thanks if it is someone on the forum) but this is the boat color and top.

Thanks to the forum for all the great info on making the decision.

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on your purchase. Make sure you post up some pics of it when you get it home👍

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have owned many boats and worked in the business for 15 yrs. We LOVE our FSH210. Picked it up April 1st. Used in the Chesapeake Bay for fish and play.

boatfsh.jpgboatfsh1.jpgboatfsh2.jpg

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m in coastal NC and have almost the same desires...and we pulled the trigger on a new 210 FSH last week. Haven’t had it outside the inlet yet, but I firmly believe it will be a great boat for us. Handling will take some learning, but I think once I get used to it, I’ll be able to do more with it than I could with an outboard.
We boat around Swansboro/Emerald Isle almost every weekend. Hope to see you out there this summer!

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have owned many boats and worked in the business for 15 yrs. We LOVE our FSH210. Picked it up April 1st. Used in the Chesapeake Bay for fish and play.

Great to hear you use it on the Bay. I've been a tad nervous about Bay chop with the boat. I will certainly recognize that boat on the water. Mine should be ready in couple weeks!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently upgraded to a 2018 AR210 which has the same engines (TR1) as your boat and is also 21'. I bought it for all of the same reasons you mentioned and in the short season I used it last year, it was perfect. I would have gone with a 210 FSH if my kids didn't want more sport than Fish so with your plans, it sounds like you will be very happy. I also boat in the Chesapeake but further up north in Northeast Maryland. The boat works well but I keep it to 2' and under as far as chop. Any of these boats get uncomfortable in more than that although with a center console your standing position may help. You will suck up debris in the jets so learn the "reverse" maneuver and expect that you will have brief outages to clear weeds, etc but that is no different than what I remember as a kid with our outboard boats although that has probably changed some (new prop technology)

Enjoy the new boat

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I recently upgraded to a 2018 AR210 which has the same engines (TR1) as your boat and is also 21'. I bought it for all of the same reasons you mentioned and in the short season I used it last year, it was perfect. I would have gone with a 210 FSH if my kids didn't want more sport than Fish so with your plans, it sounds like you will be very happy. I also boat in the Chesapeake but further up north in Northeast Maryland. The boat works well but I keep it to 2' and under as far as chop. Any of these boats get uncomfortable in more than that although with a center console your standing position may help. You will suck up debris in the jets so learn the "reverse" maneuver and expect that you will have brief outages to clear weeds, etc but that is no different than what I remember as a kid with our outboard boats although that has probably changed some (new prop technology)

Enjoy the new boat
Thanks so much! I will need to learn the reverse trick. I'll ask about it when I do my water review with the dealer. I am looking forward to getting on the boat!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Boats ready! Fly to Tampa want Jan to take it out. Glad my onload live near Cycle Springs so I can winter it in FL.

SwatYacht

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks so much! I will need to learn the reverse trick. I'll ask about it when I do my water review with the dealer. I am looking forward to getting on the boat!
I have a 2018 FSH and love it. Bought in March 2018. Sounds like the "reverse" trick has something to do with clearing debris. Is that what you meant? If it is, can you explain? Is throwing it in reverse a way to blow out weeds? I never tried that. I pull out the plugs and clear it out.
Thanks.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, reverse trick clears debris. To do this
1) put boat in reverse and power both engines to high rpm. Newer boats, including 2018, require you to override using the no wake mode button. See manual. 2). Once upon to 5+ mph in reverse, turn off both engines using the keys and then put both throttles in full speed, forward position.

Basically, this forces water through the jets in a reverse flow and often pushes the weeds back out of the grates (reverse to how they came in)

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks. I'll practice, without weeds hopefully.

SwatYacht

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, reverse trick clears debris. To do this
1) put boat in reverse and power both engines to high rpm. Newer boats, including 2018, require you to override using the no wake mode button. See manual. 2). Once upon to 5+ mph in reverse, turn off both engines using the keys and then put both throttles in full speed, forward position.

Basically, this forces water through the jets in a reverse flow and often pushes the weeds back out of the grates (reverse to how they came in)
Thanks! I'm anxious to try that. Took a screen shot on my phone so I have it. I'll print one out for the boat. A lot of time all I do is lift a plug out and it seems to release the pressure and the weeds.
See if you've heard of this; When the HOT ENGINE light comes on and you want to turn it off (maybe after ridding weeds), you turn the engines off, turn the batteries off, then turn batteries back on, then turn the keys back on (not starting the engine). Supposedly doing this 3 or 5 times will turn the hot light and buzzer off.