• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Trailer Fender Clearance

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone else have an issue with the boat setting low in the trailer. I don’t see an adjustment for raising the bunks or lowering the fender. Only ¼” clearance on both sides and it appears starboard side has bounced on the fender.

Attachments

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought mine was pretty close (about 2 inches), but my goodness! That is not right and I would be calling up the dealer and have them fix both the trailer and the scuffed up gel coat.

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought mine was pretty close (about 2 inches), but my goodness! That is not right and I would be calling up the dealer and have them fix both the trailer and the scuffed up gel coat.
I sent the photos to the dealer yesterday (Sunday)

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took a look and my clearance is only about an inch. I haven't had and rubbing issues though (knock in wood).

20200217_050411.jpg20200217_050357.jpg20200217_050352.jpg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would say mine is comparable to @bolivas. Barely room for fingers while washing it.

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would say mine is comparable to @bolivas. Barely room for fingers while washing it.
Thank you for responding! Yes, yours looks the same. Very tight. Mine is new and hasn’t traveled but 20 miles on the trailer. Have you seen any evidence of yours bumping? Mine has bumped on the starboard side. It doesn’t appear to have damaged the hull (yet). Although mine will normally be stored on a lift at a lake and only on the trailer when running to the coast. I’m quite sure on bumpy roads, axel flexing will require more than ¼”. I’m taking mine back to the dealership to ask them to somehow raise the bunks.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mine definitely does not touch. I’ve towed about 4500 miles and there are no marks from the fenders rubbing.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you for responding! Yes, yours looks the same. Very tight. Mine is new and hasn’t traveled but 20 miles on the trailer. Have you seen any evidence of yours bumping? Mine has bumped on the starboard side. It doesn’t appear to have damaged the hull (yet). Although mine will normally be stored on a lift at a lake and only on the trailer when running to the coast. I’m quite sure on bumpy roads, axel flexing will require more than ¼”. I’m taking mine back to the dealership to ask them to somehow raise the bunks.
I have not had any rubbing/bumping issues and have about 3k miles and about 30 launch/loads.

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry it’s taken a while to report my “fix”. Purchased full-dimension 1”x6” treated boards from Lowe’s. Removed the “Astro-turf” material from existing bunks. Used stainless steel screws to “laminate” the 1”x6” onto the existing bunk. Re-installed the “Astro-turf” over both pieces of wood (left a non-visible gap on the bottom side so I used stainless steel staples along the edges. Increased fender clearance dramatically.

Attachments

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Did you only do the back bunk boards or did you do all four? If you only did the back two, how does the boat sit, does it make contact with the full length of all four bunks? How does it line up with the winch, did you require any adjustments?