• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 fsh Transducer install

swfl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just picked up a 2022 210 fsh a couple weeks ago. I spent several hours reading and considering this boat before finally pulling the trigger. There is a lot of valuable information on here and I want to thank everyone who shared their reviews and experiences with their boats. Thant being said, I needed to put a chart plotter/fish finder on the new boat asap. There's a lot of shallow waters I run around in down here in SW Florida. Last week, I installed a Garmin 94SV with the Clear VU transducer. A couple disclaimers: The Nav features and depth finder was more important to me than the fish finder capabilities. Also, I won't claim to be an engineer, just want to share what I did in case it helps anyone else.
There are other post on here that talked about mounting the transducer to the intake plate. Since I want to put trim tabs on eventually, I decided to go that route also. In order to get the transducer just below the hull, I used the included trolling motor bracket. It came with 7 small screws to attach to the transducer and then zip ties for the trolling motor. I used 3 of the included screws and attached the bracket to the transducer, then 4 long stainless screws (thank you ACE hardware) with lock washers and blue locktite in the remaining 4 holes (see attached photos).
We took the boat out yesterday to get 10 hours on it before the initial service. I had a good display at trolling speeds, but did have some distortion above 20 mph. However, the depth reading stayed solid at all speeds, which was the most important part to me. After getting the boat back home, everything appears to be holding tight.

Attachments

Bruins63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat, you're gonna love it. I like the setup but I'd look for some better hardware. There's a lot of different grades of stainless steel and I'd be surprised if those hold up very long. If you look for replacement I'd recommend 316 stainless, you probably have 304 or 18-8 which is pretty good and probably good enough for fresh water but not salt water.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice install, solid location. Couple of things. I would use a bracket and extend it down a bit if you are getting distortion, or a plate/shim, maybe 1 inch or so. Also with a bracket you can adjust the angle of the transducer a bit. You may be getting some turbulence there or a pocket is forming just in front.

Here is a picture of mine, fyi the arms are now half that length and I get excellent readings through varying speeds. It is also angle a few degrees down in back as recommended by Garmin.

swfl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. When I get to the trim tabs install I'll try some adjustments.