• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Transducer Location?

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have any 210 owners installed a Lowrance TotalScan ducer?

If so, how did you go about it?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure what the total scan is? Assuming side, down and standard imaging. I went off the bottom behind the step. Mine sits nice and level so gives a very accurate image of the bottom as well as at speed. I mounted a black starboard plate to the bottom with 3m 4000 adhesive plus added 4 small screws through the hull. Went with short stainless mounting screws into the starboard to attach the sending unit figuring if I ever hit anything that hard it would pull the unit free of the starboard without hull damage. The FSH is a difficult one to locate a transducer if your looking to get all the features to work. Had it not been for water temp I would have mounted in the hull in epoxy and shot directly through. But water temp here in Michigan is pretty important.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Tailwaters Have you considered the through hull transducer? My boat just came in, so I have not crawled around it enough to figure out how and where I am going to mount mine. I just don't want a transducer on the outside of the boat. Don't need water temp, etc.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had I not needed the water temperature I would have done the through hole installation. The transducer that came with my unit was capable of reading through the hall just would not provide water temperature. That certainly would have been my preferred method of installation not having anything mounted to or through the hall. Unfortunately in my area with the Four Seasons water temperature becomes key for finding where fish are holding up.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
FWIW - I did the shoot thru the hull epoxied transducer on my Helix unit. Water temp seems to work just fine. I'm guessing it may be a few seconds slower than if it were in direct contact with the water. But bass fishing on various spots around Lake Michigan moving in and out of harbors and back into the lake or bays...it reacted quite well.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I glassed in my transducer inside the hull, and can still get water temp. The factory Speedo gives water temp also.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you can get it to read through the hull that would most certainly be the best bet. Wish I had thought mine through just a bit more.

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The one I'm installing has side scan and from what I understand that doesn't work through hull unless you have one on each side.

Dustin Williams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I just installed my HDS 9 with 3D structure scan. I installed the normal sonar transducer “through hull” and the total scan transducer similar to tailwaters above. That way I could get it low enough to be in clean water.

swifty_210FSH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll be watching this thread. I have a 210 FSH Sport and want to install a Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon. I really want the side/down scan to work properly. There's quite a bit of pertinent information on 190s but not the 210s. I've got a couple of locations that I think may work but there's nothing like talking to someone who's already done it. If not, I'll be sure and post details of what I finally come up with. I'm new to this site and look forward to learning and contributing. Thanks guys!

SwatYacht

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just bought a 210 FSH Sport and I also want to install a transducer. I'm getting a few different answers. Anxious to hear what others say also.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ended up mounting mine on the port keel opposite of the speedo. I used an Airmar P19 for my Garmin unit. I lost the "down imaging" or the pretty gold picture thing, but everythign else works flawlessly at any speed.

cf-lg.jpg

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is where the dealer mounted my totalscan. So far doesn't work, loses depth and bottom on plane, but I've talked to a few people who had it mounted in same area and had no problems. I'll let you know what I figure out. So far moving it down didn't help. Next outing will be with it level with hull.Then back to dealer. IMG_0232[1].JPG

Attachments

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I glassed in my transducer inside the hull, and can still get water temp. The factory Speedo gives water temp also.
Where did you place it in the hull? Getting ready to install my Garmin 74 cv and trans. Don't want to poke any holes on my new boat, I live in S Fl. I don't need to know water temp. Thanks

MIZZOU

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where did you place it in the hull? Getting ready to install my Garmin 74 cv and trans. Don't want to poke any holes on my new boat, I live in S Fl. I don't need to know water temp. Thanks
I know You Know - Where did you end up mounting your transducer ? Did you find a good spot for it in Hull ?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know You Know - Where did you end up mounting your transducer ? Did you find a good spot for it in Hull ?
I did and it is working great I will post a picture in a couple of days when I get the boat back, it is in for the 10 hour service. The Yamaha tech installed in on the Port side way down and everything functions correctly. I was not happy when I saw the placement and he said just to give it a chance, he was right.

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW - I did the shoot thru the hull epoxied transducer on my Helix unit. Water temp seems to work just fine. I'm guessing it may be a few seconds slower than if it were in direct contact with the water. But bass fishing on various spots around Lake Michigan moving in and out of harbors and back into the lake or bays...it reacted quite well.
About to order the helix 9 and am curious if you ordered different transducer to install as a shoot thru, or if the transducer that came with the helix unit worked fine for your application. Also, where was the location of your install? Thanks in advance!

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The same transducer. I even checked with the folks at Humminbird first since they listed two separate models. I was told the reason for the two numbers is one ships with the transom bracket, the other ships with the plastic sleeve of epoxy. The transducer is exactly the same.

I'm not sure how the 210 looks on the inside, but on my 190 I simply removed the liner from the right rear hatch compartment. (The 5 gallon bucket hatch) There was a flat spot on the hull bottom just forward of the speedo sensor. I made a small dam with plumbers putty to form a little pool to pour the epoxy into and set the transducer. Use slow curing epoxy and try to keep the air bubbles to a minimum during the mix and pour process. I scuffed up transducer and the hull with some sandpaper first and then put a little weight on it to hold it in place while drying.

Good luck and enjoy.