• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH trolling motor mount pics?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
***my pics start post #11***

There is info here and there but wanted to see if people were interested in posting up pics of their mounting solutions on 210 FSH's. Here in one place? I've seen the OE mount used (don't like fitment), custom aluminum plates, and thought I saw someone directly mounting a Minn Kota quick detach to the bow.

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
BTW... Biting the bullet tomorrow and ordering a Riptide Ulterra 112lb 60" w/iPilot Link, Minn Kota quick detach, and a 36V 60AH Lithium LiFePO4 battery/charger. Right now I'm leaning toward fabing a .5" piece of 6061for the mount. But we will see. Whatever I do I'll post up pics.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had mine installed 2 weeks ago. Used the mount that came with the boat. I knew there was a problem with it bouncing holes in the hull so I addressed it with the installer. He put some non skid under the mount where it sits over the hull and a vinyl U channel under the mount also. So far it seems to be working great. I just didn't want to go through the time and effort of getting one of the custom made ones. I will see about getting pics later this week. BTW it was a Minn Kota Ulterra. LOVE IT!!!!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's mine I installed over the weekend to replace the factory crap..

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Soooo Ulterra will be here on Sat, but 36v 60ah Lithium battery/charger delayed til mid month... Not so happy about that but will wait as it's a single 50lb battery vs. three. Weight and space saver.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The previous install included a cable from the trolling motor back to the Humminbird GPS... I have since removed/replaced the Humminbird with a Garmin and no longer need the wire, so it is wrapped up and that was the cover for the hole drilled in the deck..

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The previous install included a cable from the trolling motor back to the Humminbird GPS... I have since removed/replaced the Humminbird with a Garmin and no longer need the wire, so it is wrapped up and that was the cover for the hole drilled in the deck..
:winkingthumbsup" Thank you for the clarification. I have yet to buy a trolling motor. So far, we have just idled for our trolling. It does prohibit me from going to some of the "no wake lakes" though as they require a < 15HP kicker motor or electric trolling motor. Maybe next season....

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For what it's worth, the force and vibration of the trowelling motor (112 lbs) caused the lock nuts to loosen significantly. I have replaced the all of the lock nuts with new ones, and added loctite to them. So far, so good.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So got some 6061 Aluminun little over .5 inch thick. Cut it to size on my bandsaw and then laid out the fastener pattern. Drilled them to size and counter sunk.

Attachments

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Finished product reflecting the garage door opener rail (I’m a horrible photographer).

Attachments

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
36v 60ah lithium battery mounted forward in head.

Attachments

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Finished product.

Attachments

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got the trolling motor in September with 3 batteries. Easily the best piece of equipment (outside of life jackets) that I have in the boat.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I will say it definitely beats chunking an anchor to bass fish ;)

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
REPORT:

After having the setup for a while now, and many fishing trips, (I can go 2-3 times a week) I can say I'm nothing short of ecstatic! Pulls like a rocket ship and can't help but LOVE the lithium battery! I can fish on it for 2-3 days before bringing it down to 80%. Great, great stuff! Very happy with the combo. I-Pilot rocks!

My only complaint is I wish I could have mounted the motor closer to the center of the bow for better tracking, and the battery was too big to mount on the starboard in the stowage compartment (for counter balance). I do have a slight list to the left, that a full livewell takes care of. Again, probably an OCD thing. That's it. Only complaints.

Like the lithium battery so much that I'm now looking at lithium for the golf cart :cool:

Last edited:

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
BTW... Biting the bullet tomorrow and ordering a Riptide Ulterra 112lb 60" w/iPilot Link, Minn Kota quick detach, and a 36V 60AH Lithium LiFePO4 battery/charger. Right now I'm leaning toward fabing a .5" piece of 6061for the mount. But we will see. Whatever I do I'll post up pics.
Thinking about the 36V Lithium Pros battery but over $3,000 is tough to swallow. You will certainly benefit from the weight savings though. Good call.