• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 sport jet engine replacement?

robert rodano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello, I have a 2001 sugar sand tango with the 210 sport jet and my engine is in need of a rebuild. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any new drop in engines 4 stroke engines for these jet boats ( I’m pretty sure there isn’t) or if anyone knows of a reputable company that sells good rebuild ones or new 210 sport jets. I also was wondering if there’s anyway to upgrade to the 240 EFI sport jet. Thanks for any info you have.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
f y i those are mercury V6 outboard power heads so you may be able find a mechanic that works on mercury outboard motors or find a good outboard and use the power-head.

Stomp10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Dropping in an old outboard motor will not work AFAIK as the crankshaft splines are different. Replacement motors need to be ordered by serial # in order to wind up with the correct fitment.

I agree with:
f y i those are mercury V6 outboard power heads so you may be able find a mechanic that works on mercury outboard motors
Just my 2 cents. If anyone knows different please chime in!

robert rodano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im pretty familiar with the engine that’s in the boat and I know a few places to get the same engine, but my question is if anyone knows if there are any other engines that they made that will fit the boat or if it’s possible to replace the 210 with the 240 engine?

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Im pretty familiar with the engine that’s in the boat and I know a few places to get the same engine, but my question is if anyone knows if there are any other engines that they made that will fit the boat or if it’s possible to replace the 210 with the 240 engine?
If you can find a complete 240 or a donor boat the 240 would be a drop in swap, there are two versions of the 240 and the 2nd gen. would be far and away the best choice. The early 240 is just your 210 but with fuel injection, the later is vastly updated to the point it is almost a different engine. 200 Optimax should also be a drop in install, not sure about the 250 in a Tango. Don't know of any others, the difference, as has been mentioned, is the crank. I suppose it would be possible to swap the crank into any 2.5 block but I have no idea about any other motors. A four stroke would sure be nice though.

robert rodano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
A 4 stroke would be nice, I love my sugar sand and have always thought how nice it would be to have the option of a four stroke turbo in it but I figured it prob will never happen just figured I’d check into it. Looks like I’ll prob just get the newer 240 somewhere.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Last edited:

robert rodano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Awesome, I’m prob going to do the same thing. I’ll look in to them thanks.

robert rodano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
"Blkrvrbart Can I ask why you choose to buy from them instead of blackbird in PA ? I was leaning toward blackbird for the fact I live close to them and they will install the engine for me.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
After talking to Blackbird, he said he would call me when he was headed here for another reason and pick up my motor in two weeks. I waited. He never called. Actions speak louder than words dad always says. Maybe he provides great service and there was just a glitch. I can’t say one way or the other. Seemed like he knew his stuff.