• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

212 SS over heating

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There was nothing stuck in the jets.. we went on a 30 mile ride and when we were on a way back it started overheating..

Did you have water coming out the pee holes?

What lights were blinking?

Yea it was flowing fine I was doing about 45 when it came on.i shut it off and jumped in the to check if anything was blocking it. There was nothing. I was already close to the dock so i guided in and the over heat light back on again.

just to confirm again, all FOUR holes were peeing good ?

how many hours do you have on your boat?
how long were you at high rpm's before the light came on?
the overheat light went off when you restarted? how long before it came on again, instantly, were you 50' from the dock or 5 minutes?

did you look at the filters on the side of the jets to see if they were clogged at all?

also, glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location so we know where you are!

both motors overheating or just one ?

Both of them did.. I was for about 45 min riding up the inercoastal. I was about 200 feet from the dock.

Did they run rough too? Any other indications/symptoms other than the warning?

No it was running great. .I went from melbourne fl to ft pierce and we ate early dinner and them headed back and right before we got back to the dock that happen. I have own jet skies so I know to check the jet first. I also checked it wad peeing right with a good flow. . Sombody told me it could be my fuel pumps not pumping enough fuel.

I had a brief problem with my old sx210 with intermittent overheating. Took out my thermostats, soaked them in vinegar and scrubbed them well. They had some build up on them and once I reinstalled everything was good. Your boat is a bit newer so not sure if you'll have that much build up on them. Depends on how thoroughly you flush since you are in salt water.

Well it still had warranty. I going to take up there sure everything good before I go to bimini this yr

FYI, he's got the 1.8's not the mr-1's like me. The dealer should have software that can be run that may be able to diagnose a bit more of your problem. Fuel could be one thing, but I doubt it. I had a similar problem once, for no apparent reason, and I was at a quarter tank racing @OperationROL back from Peoria when it happened.
Certainly good to bring it in before bimini!!!!

That's about how much fuel I had.. it's was crazy. I took it to the lake to flush it out and it didn't over heat at all. Idk if it was at a angle back in when I turned it on and let it run for 10 min. . @Speedling

Back