• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212 Wiring Diagram?

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I have a 2021 212 where the GPS antenna is not working. The dealer shipped me a new one, but it's not reading, either. It worked briefly when we first got the boat, which leads me to believe it's a wiring short in the harness somewhere. Problem is, I can figure out where the harness terminates. The GPS antenna is a 3 wire plug that connects to a plug with a black, orange, and red/pink wire in the main harness. Both of the colored wires say "GPS" on them. Super! However, I cannot figure out where they terminate. The Connext screen plug doesn't have wires labeled as such, and neither does the module in the locker behind the helm chair. The 2021 workshop manual isn't published yet, but maybe someone with an older model has one with wiring diagrams? I can take it to the dealer, but then it's in for who-knows-how-long for something that is effectively non-essential for how we use the boat.

Anyone have the wiring schematic for a similar boat?

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 212 where the GPS antenna is not working. The dealer shipped me a new one, but it's not reading, either. It worked briefly when we first got the boat, which leads me to believe it's a wiring short in the harness somewhere. Problem is, I can figure out where the harness terminates. The GPS antenna is a 3 wire plug that connects to a plug with a black, orange, and red/pink wire in the main harness. Both of the colored wires say "GPS" on them. Super! However, I cannot figure out where they terminate. The Connext screen plug doesn't have wires labeled as such, and neither does the module in the locker behind the helm chair. The 2021 workshop manual isn't published yet, but maybe someone with an older model has one with wiring diagrams? I can take it to the dealer, but then it's in for who-knows-how-long for something that is effectively non-essential for how we use the boat.

Anyone have the wiring schematic for a similar boat?
Any luck ever getting wire diagram? I need one for my 2021 212SE in particular the connect screen

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Well, I did order and receive one of the factory service manuals. However, it still shows the older Connext screen with the separate analog tachs and not the single integrated screen model. Thus, it wasn't helpful for my GPS issue because, in the old design, the GPS antenna runs to the tach. I have been in communication with the Yamaha service folks who publish the book and they are working on an addendum.
That said, let me know what component you're looking for and I'll scan in the images that might work. Most of the book is engine mechanical.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m trying to figure out which harness and wires are for the audio. Amp input, speakers, etc. I’m trying to wire in the Wetsounds 10” Sub enclosure.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Appreciate this! It does help!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Why isn't the dealer fixing this stuff?

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
It's at the dealer now. I bought it in Dallas and live near Austin, and the Austin dealer was backlogged. So, we decided to guess our speed and enjoy the boat while the lakes levels were good and weather was nice. GPS is cosmetic, as I see it. Glad we waited because it's been 2 weeks with no resolution yet.