• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212SE Shorelandr Boat Trailer

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Reaching out to others who have this setup and ask how your boat sits on your trailer. I’m having to submarine my trailer to get the boat to float, and winch it back on. Is this normal? My bunks stick out several inches from the stern. I’m going to weigh the tongue once my scale arrives. Frustrated with the issues I am having with this POS Shorelandr trailer.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
2020 212S and I have to do the same. Every other boat I have had or my dad, friends etc you just needed to have the trailors wheel wells just a little under or out off the water. 95% of the time I launch from the same launch so no big deal, I know the depth. When I launch at a different locations I get nervous. I've seen the videos of trailors dropping over the edge, not pretty.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I forgot my bunks dont stinkout, they are a few inches under the stern. But I still have to submerge my trailor.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is a couple years older but same boat and trailer and the boat sticks on the trailer every single time so I end up having to back up much farther into the water than I would like.

It seems like when the stern floats up the boat is wedging itself in between the bunks toward the front of the boat. No idea what to do about it since the bunks are designed to move and don't really seem to need any adjustment.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
2020 212S and I have to do the same. Every other boat I have had or my dad, friends etc you just needed to have the trailors wheel wells just a little under or out off the water. 95% of the time I launch from the same launch so no big deal, I know the depth. When I launch at a different locations I get nervous. I've seen the videos of trailors dropping over the edge, not pretty.
I know...I always walk the ramp before getting ready to launch. The lakes are low here in California, which means the launches ste running out of pavement

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Mine is a couple years older but same boat and trailer and the boat sticks on the trailer every single time so I end up having to back up much farther into the water than I would like.

It seems like when the stern floats up the boat is wedging itself in between the bunks toward the front of the boat. No idea what to do about it since the bunks are designed to move and don't really seem to need any adjustment.
Some have responded that the boat is too far forward and needs to be moved back a few inches. I’ll have the dealer look at it when I take it in for the 10 hour ripoff.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RobbieO Don't just have them look at it.... Make sure they can weigh it and ask them specifically if they can do that. Another boat dealer down the road says they just eye ball it, no need to actually weigh it......... Sad.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Definitely will do. Thank you. I bought some stainless steel wire today...lol...

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I haven't measured my tongue weight but my Silverado dosen't have a Carolina lift when iam pulling. It squats maybe an inch or two but it pulls well. I had a Ar190 and I could lift it off the ground if I had the trailor jack all the way up,, no way with the 212. 20201023_162019.jpg

watdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your bunks may need to be adjusted but my boat still stuck to them even though they are installed correctly. I just sprayed this on my bunks and it is amazing. When I went to pull the boat out after applying it, the boat slid back off the trailer because I had backed it in the usual depth. Next launch I will leave the winch attached until the boat is in the water. I am seriously afraid it will slide off going down the ramp.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your bunks may need to be adjusted but my boat still stuck to them even though they are installed correctly. I just sprayed this on my bunks and it is amazing. When I went to pull the boat out after applying it, the boat slid back off the trailer because I had backed it in the usual depth. Next launch I will leave the winch attached until the boat is in the water. I am seriously afraid it will slide off going down the ramp.

I am scared to use that stuff. It seems like everything I read about it says it works too well.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha sets these duel axle trailers way to tongue heavy. Do some searches here and you will find many posts on this topic.
This is direct from Shorlandr website
Screenshot_20180708-221018_Samsung Internet.jpg

watdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My truck tires and rims were having to go in saltwater to get the boat loose, so for me, there is such thing as it works too good. Just keep the winch strap attached until you get it in the water.

At my favorite boat ramp, I watched a large boat on a trailer with rollers with the winch strap off try to launch. I told the wife to watch this they are going to drop this boat on the ramp and seconds later they did. I am not a jerk, I was walking my dogs and was not close enough to warn them. Even if I had they were idiots and after dropping the boat on the ramp they continued to back it down the ramp instead of winching it back on the trailer and check the damage. It made me cringe hearing it back down the ramp wrecking the bottom of the boat.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

I am thinking a product like that might might help with two issues. One with launching and two clean the hull were I can't, under the bunks. I was actually debating on spraying the bunks with a spray wax.

watdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would use liquid rollers or silicone spray or silicone paste /grease. I have talked to people who use silicone after I bought the liquid roller spray.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reaching out to others who have this setup and ask how your boat sits on your trailer. I’m having to submarine my trailer to get the boat to float, and winch it back on. Is this normal? My bunks stick out several inches from the stern. I’m going to weigh the tongue once my scale arrives. Frustrated with the issues I am having with this POS Shorelandr trailer.
As @Neutron said above, may need to just move the bow post back, it should be very easy.

Trial and error, my bow post ended up sitting in a sweet spot approx. 8" back from where it came from the factory, IIRC.

That, and radial tires, makes all the difference in the world with those trailers.

--

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
As @Neutron said above, may need to just move the bow post back, it should be very easy.

Trial and error, my bow post ended up sitting in a sweet spot approx. 8" back from where it came from the factory, IIRC.

That, and radial tires, makes all the difference in the world with those trailers.

--
Other than the launching issue, it tows great. Doesn't push or pull. Stops on a dime too. I would definitely move the post back. I'm guessing that's what they mean when the say move the axle forward. More like the axis forward. SMH. Thanks for the advise.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@RobbieO Don't just have them look at it.... Make sure they can weigh it and ask them specifically if they can do that. Another boat dealer down the road says they just eye ball it, no need to actually weigh it......... Sad.
I ordered the same tongue scale as you did....Not here yet. I'm going to weight it my self. Dry weight is 4,600. With fuel and cargo I'll say close to 5,000.
Should be between 400-500 lbs, hopefully the former.

nosterka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Have you checked out weigh safe hitches? Pretty useful when trying to get the weight on a trailer sorted.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Have you checked out weigh safe hitches? Pretty useful when trying to get the weight on a trailer sorted.
I did. But I already have a tongue weight scale on order.