• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x/ss owner input request

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interested in feedback on 2009-20xx, used 212x as a next boat. This is the MR-1 engines and the boat I am considering specifically is a 2009. For those that have experience with this boat/years, what should I check on the inspection and/or sea trial?

Pros/cons of this boat model are appreciated; what do you like and what do you find hard to live with. FYI - I would be moving from a 2001 LS2000. For my use, 21' is the right size so I have always focused on this fast, 21 series. Thank you

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have a 09 212SS. Same boat without the tower and water bags. Great boat, never any issues, just change the oil and spark plugs. I came from a LX2000 and will will burn a lot less gas. It will be better in rough water also. The only negative for us is the bench seat. A chair would suit us better since we don't do water sports.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@4x15mph Here is a report of all mods and maintenance I have done to mine. This may give you an idea of potential costs and problems. Keep a close eye on the ballast tanks. I had to go to Wakemakers to replace bags and fittings because the stock things were prone to leak.

Attachments

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great write up; ECU and fuel injectors got my attention!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Long story there. The ECU was not needed after all, the circumstances surrounding the issue required the purchase. Issue was repaired with throttle positon sensor. It is likely the fuel injectors were not needed either.