• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X Wakeboard Racks

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After doing some researching and calling manufacturers the racks on the 212X are built by Monster (XTP). I just ordered a set of their wake/surf forks and will update when they arrive for fitment etc.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well what a let down. The racks are made over seas. The same people who make therefor XTP also make them for Yamaha however they won't tell me who that is and the wake surf monster racks will not work on the 212X so I am stuck returning something I can't use and looking for something I can. I am half inclined to just get a set made to mu specs but there has to be something that works out there... Very frustrated at the moment as the monsters look killer just won't bolt up.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I replaced 1 of my racks with a direct bolt on.
When I get home, I'll look up which ones they were.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I replaced 1 of my racks with a direct bolt on.
When I get home, I'll look up which ones they were.
I would appreciate that for sure. I am actually thinking about designing a set and having them machined if need be. I called diywake and they are sold out with no ETA...

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

@Englewoodcowboy
I bought this from H20 Sports Warehouse (http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/product-p/bt-srfqckrcku-pa.htm).
I swapped out the forks - which were a direct bolt on - packaged the box back up with my stock fork - and sold it.

The individual forks from DIY Wake will also work as they are also a direct bolt on ( http://www.diywake.com/copy-of-kneeboard-wakeboard-combo-rack-fork). I'd prefer this route, but they were out of stock and back ordered for a while when I needed them.

You'll have to go out to Home Cheapo and get the proper bolts, cause the provided ones are just a bit short.

1 thing I would like to address is the bungee hook. With the stock ones, the bungee hooks to the machined groove in the lower fork - these replacements don't have that bungee catch. I'm looking for a machine shop that would take the time to do this.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@octavio3311 I had looked at that route as well and am considering it. Currently I am drafting up a set of forks that will look just like the factory, finish and all except they will be wake surf combo. Depending how much they will run will be the determining factor. I had this same forks on my 192 and while they did ok the finish on them sucked the minute bugs get on them so again I am also looking at if I go that route to send them off and have them brush anodized clear, much more durable then the polished and an idea I had for the straps sent they come with the hole in the end was to get a short stainless socket head screw, drill and tap the bottom two forks and insert the screw with lock tight then it would be the lip the bungee would hook over or as you have said, take them to a machine shop and have a hooked notch machined in to them before I have them anodized.

On the forks I am drafting right now they will take the same monster style rubber insert as I can source replacements through monster for the wake and surf. I will keep an update on that and of coarse the final price from my machinist on fab costs with anodizing etc. If they can be done for less than $500 I think I will do them, if not I will go the route you did.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

@Englewoodcowboy
I bought this from H20 Sports Warehouse (http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/product-p/bt-srfqckrcku-pa.htm).
I swapped out the forks - which were a direct bolt on - packaged the box back up with my stock fork - and sold it.

The individual forks from DIY Wake will also work as they are also a direct bolt on ( http://www.diywake.com/copy-of-kneeboard-wakeboard-combo-rack-fork). I'd prefer this route, but they were out of stock and back ordered for a while when I needed them.

You'll have to go out to Home Cheapo and get the proper bolts, cause the provided ones are just a bit short.

1 thing I would like to address is the bungee hook. With the stock ones, the bungee hooks to the machined groove in the lower fork - these replacements don't have that bungee catch. I'm looking for a machine shop that would take the time to do this.

I ordered the direct bolt in the DIYwake link above...ordered it in black too ! now I have a chore in front of me trying to get the large flat head allen head bolts to break free from the main brace......I forsee drilling them out and replaceing with a helicoil...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I called DIYWake yesterday and they are on BO, ETA unknown.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well I have gotten closer to getting some custom made to closely match the originals. I would need a commitment from a min. of 3 people wanting 4 forks each (2 sets) and I can get them done and anodized for approx. $300 a set, the more people who want a set the cheaper it becomes as I figured 3 sets is a fair starting point and has the price down reasonable. For example if 6 people want sets and commit it brings the price down to $250 for 4. If a few people want 1 set that can be done as well but I need a minimum of 6 sets to start.

It will take about a month to get them made and plated. Now you will have to add the bungee and rubber liner which is easily available. I may end up buying a spool of each if I get enough interest in these. They will be direct bolt on and clear anodized just like the OEM. I am also trying to get them in a brushed finish, still awaiting prices to do that. I was originally looking to do the same style of rubber insert that the Monster racks and factory OEM racks use but it adds more machine time with is more money. Here is a screen shot of what they will look like. The wake board opening is the same as our factory ones and the wake surf opening is 3-1/8" on the milled aluminum. Depending on the thickness of the rubber liner will determine the overall finished opening.

Wake Rack.jpg

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy depending on price I may be interested in this. Will the bigger slot fit below Kneeboard in it? How do you add the bungee and rubber liner? Should bar for the thicker opening be longer to accommodate wider boards? Perhaps we could get group buy with other members to get the price down further.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydroslide-Razorback-Kneeboard-Black-52-Inch/dp/B00EVIOGHK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1436488215&sr=8-4&keywords=kneeboard&pebp=1436488220638&perid=1H3C42G2M15NWHT5Z9B4

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
samson sports charged me $260 for my custom fingers...might give them a call

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I might be interested in this, but that would depend on price and ability to stuff a kneeboard in there. I have a fairly thin one now, but I'm sure I'll end up with something like the one @dansshin listed.

I assume "per set" means two forks... so I'd need two sets if I wanted to replace both sides on the 212X? And... are the fork mounts the same for all years? Mine's significantly older than most of the other posters in this thread (2008).

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have not had enough interest to warrant pursuing this any further. I have since changed directions since I will be having a camper cover made this winter I will have them incorporate 2 surf pockets on the top of the bimini when they redo it.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length