• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

232 limited speedo

Foot55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to replace the speedo that never worked when I purchased my used boat in end of July 2017. Could someone post a pic of their intact working speedo(paddle wheel) when they get a chance?
I believe the 232 had the paddle wheel as OEM. Looks like mine was torn off. I have been using speedo app on my phone which has worked well.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-gps-speedo-with-built-in-gps.10860/
Looking to replace the speedo that never worked when I purchased my used boat in end of July 2017. Could someone post a pic of their intact working speedo(paddle wheel) when they get a chance?
I believe the 232 had the paddle wheel as OEM. Looks like mine was torn off. I have been using speedo app on my phone which has worked well.
Thanks in advance.
Man I would install GPS speedo. More accurate and easier install imo

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When we bought our 07 Ar230 last year the speedo did not work (paddle wheel) type. I purchased a replacement on-line and upon testing it, before I replaced it, found it was faulty and I returned it. I then bought a Perfect Pass GPS speedo to replace the whole assembly. It fit the dash well and has worked flawlessly since. I took the paddle wheel off the boat. It seems to be accurate as my top speed so far was 48.8 mph. this unit also has other functions.
0825161521a.jpg There are cheaper units out there by other manufactures but I am quite happy with this one.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Give me an hour and I'll post pics of the pitot tube and speedo gauge. Both are unused at this point as I went with a perfect pass unit.

Foot55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Foot55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Give me an hour and I'll post pics of the pitot tube and speedo gauge. Both are unused at this point as I went with a perfect pass unit.
Do recall the Precision Star being a perfect fit to existing speedo gauge on dash?
Any extra wiring? I saw other posts where others had to snag always on power supply off the blower or power plug. Similar for this GPS speedo?